.. .

CAN YOU LOVE ME INSTEAD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If you want to live a normal life, wouldn’t you choose to live by your own? And of course, avoid living with a vampire. But Jeonghan is stuck and broke right now. His apartment was torn down into ashes and he doesn’t have enough money to afford another apartment that as cheap as before, he doesn’t want to go back to his parents as well or he’ll be tortured about their obsessiveness again.

So he doesn’t have a choice but to accept Joshua’s offer. To live with him.

Both of them are walking silently but Jeonghan will sometimes steal glances to Joshua for some reaction or anything but the latter is focused on getting to his home and bring Jeonghan to it. After a little walk they arrived at Joshua’s supposed to be house, but to Jeonghan this is far from being a normal house, this is a “Mansion?” His mouth was wide open together with his eyes as he examine the wide structure in front of him and not to mention the looking expensive gate that he only sees in movies, he couldn’t believe that such mansion can really exist and it’s only blocks away from his apartment, why didn’t he noticed it before?

“Shall we go inside?” Joshua asked.

Jeonghan gulped and held his things close to his chest as he follow Joshua inside the house. Joshua hold the knob and turned it to open the door. Jeonghan was expecting much from the inside because if the outside is that grandiose what’s even more in the inside?

But his expectation was ruined when he saw how messy the place is. “Wow. I didn’t expect it to be like this.” He said as they walk inside and what’s even surprising is how their kitchen was in mess as well. The ceiling has spider web that it looks like this house was long abandoned and no one actually lives here.

“Jeonghan.” Joshua called in the stairs. “Coming.” Jeonghan ran towards the stairs with Joshua, the house is really big and there’s a lot of room but the vampire brought him to his own room. If the living room and the kitchen was in mess, Joshua’s room are so neat and he thinks there’s no dust in any furniture inside. “This is your room?” He asked as he ran towards the king sized bed and bounce a couple of times, smiling goofily as he felt how nice and how soft it was.

“Not anymore.” Joshua walk towards Jeonghan and sat beside him making the long haired boy back out a little. “This is going to be our room.”

Jeonghan suddenly stood up. “What? Are you kidding me? There’s no way I’m going to sleep in the same room with you.” Jeonghan unconsciously cover his neck. “Bring me to another room ,there’s a lot of rooms here, I should fit in one of those.”

“As you wish.”

After 20 minutes of showing Jeonghan every room they could possibly see in the mansion, the long haired boy gave up  and end up to Joshua’s room. “Why does the room need to be that creepy? How long has it been since you last clean this place?” Jeonghan asked, hands buried in his face.

“Hmmm.. .I think 50 years ago?”

Jeonghan stared blankly at Joshua. “Great. Just great-“

“Master?” There’s a deep voice who called for someone and Jeonghan felt that it is right behind him so he slowly look at his back and saw a tall man floating in the air with a beautiful black feather spread. “Who is this guy?” He asked.

“Welcome home Mingyu.” Joshua said as he signal Mingyu to fly over him. Mingyu obeyed and fly towards his master and gave him a peck in the lips that made Jeonghan’s eyes widened. “D-d-d-did y-y-ou k-kiss??!!” he asked while pointing at the two.

Mingyu tssed. “Stop pointing your finger at us human or I’ll cut you in every possible way.” The look in Mingyu’s eyes was so scary that Jeonghan hid is hand in his back and he can feel that he is being true to his words. “S-sorry.”

Mingyu gave him a last deathly glare before he hid his wings and stand in the ground using his bare foot. He stood beside Joshua and circle his arms to his master’s waist as he smooch his neck that made Jeonghan’s knees feels weak and his stomach flips in  not so good way. Why is Mingyu doing that to Joshua?

He thought that Joshua doesn’t have anyone and lives alone? And what is this thing that he needs Jeonghan game if he already has this man with him? It’s not like Jeonghan is jealous or whatever, he’s just confuse and you should believe him if he told that he’s not jealous.

Joshua saw how Jeonghan look at them in a judging way so he push Mingyu away from him but he still settle his arms around his master’s waist. “This is Mingyu, he’s my guardian. He’s with me since the day I was born.”

“Guardian?”

“Yes. And he gets really weak if he’s been separated with me for a long time.” Joshua ruffle Mingyu’s hair. “He can only gain his strength back if he’s close to me.”

“Oh. I never thought that vampires has a guardian as well.” Jeonghan furrowed is brow as this whole mystical and magical thing confuse the hell out of him.

Joshua just smiled. “By the way. This is Jeonghan, Mingyu. I chose him to be wife and do the blood bounding with him.”

Both Mingyu and Jeonghan’s eyes widen at the sudden news. Jeonghan is not aware of it. He just thought that he will live here for a while because he doesn’t have any place to go to. “What? I never agree to that!” Jeonghan protest.

“Are you sure master? Is he really the one?” Mingyu asked ignoring Jeonghan. Joshua nod. “Yes Mingyu. If I have to do my blood bounding then that should be Jeonghan.”

“If that’s what master chose.”

“Thanks Mingyu.”

“Hey!!” Jeonghan shout that caught their attention. “I didn’t agree to this! I’m out of here!” He is ready to go out of the house when Mingyu grab his wrist to stop him. “Let go of me you monsters!!!”

The word monster made Mingyu furious that his black wings spread and brought Jeonghan up to the ceiling. “Mingyu-ah! Stop! Put Jeonghan down!!” Joshua said but Mingyu didn’t listen.

“You don’t have the right to call us monsters specially master! You don’t know what we’ve been through and we’re far away from what you called us!” Jeonghan saw how Mingyu’s canine grew and how his eyes turn red like Joshua, but the way his read eyes indicated danger is far from Joshua’s soft and calm ones. Jeonghan was so scared that his tears suddenly fall down from his eyes as he close it.

Mingyu saw the fear in Jeonghan’s tears and he felt guilty for a while he decided to slowly goes down. When Jeonghan felt the ground under his feet he opened his eyes but his knees is still shaking. “Jeonghan.” Joshua ran towards him to support but Jeonghan suddenly ran towards the room and locked himself, not letting the two disturb him.

After an hour and a half, Joshua decided to check Jeonghan in the room. He has the keys so he manage to open it. He slowly open the door and saw Jeonghan lying in the bed with blanket sprawled just beneath his waist. “Jeonghan?” Joshua called him but he didn’t respond.

Joshua gave Mingyu a signal to don’t come in and the guardian obliged. Joshua went to the bed and sat beside Jeonghan who’s lying in his side, using his arms as his pillow as he stared blankly in the open window. Joshua sighed and didn’t speak. This is all his fault. He shouldn’t scared Jeonghan like that with his guardian, now it pained Joshua to see Jeonghan like this.

“Why does it have to be me?” Joenghan asked.

“What?”

“You heard me.” He rise up and look at Joshua’s soft orbs. “Why does it have to be me? Those blood bounding thing, why does it.. .why do you need to choose me?”

Joshua can see how Jeonghan is being burdened by this blood bounding thing and he can’t afford to see his love suffer mentally and emotionally like this. It’s more than enough to drag Jeonghan into his dark world, he can’t let Jeonghan live with him forever if it’ll cause him nothing but trouble and pain.

Joshua reach out his hand and cupped Jeonghan’s cheeks. “You don’t have to worry about that. I’ll let you live in my house for as long as you like and you can leave the moment you want to. Ok? I won’t do anything stupid or do anything to hurt you.” He gave Jeonghan a reassuring smile that made the latter smile a little as well.

Joshua won’t force anything to Jeonghan even though it means he only has three days to live and after that he will turn into ash.

Meanwhile, Mingyu enter the room as well with his wings hid behind his back. His head was low as he walk in front of Jeonghan. “I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.” Was his words of apology, and base on Mingyu’s attitude it doesn’t look like he’s the type who will apologize for the wrong thing he did. After all mingyu has the right to get angry at Jeonghan because the long haired boy mistreat his master and called them monsters, but either way he apologize.

“I’m sorry as well. For calling you monsters.” Jeonghan stood up from the bed and walk towards Mingyu, looking up to lock gaze with him. Jeonghan held his arms that made Mingyu surprise. Just a while ago Jeonghan was so scared at him and now he can manage to hold him? “I’ll be living here for a month  I guess.” Jeonghan shrugged his shoulder. “So we should get along well. Sorry again for offending you.” Jeonghan look at Joshua who just nod. Jeonghan turn his eyes to Mingyu again and smile brightly. “Friends?”

Mingyu gave his master a look first before setting his eyes to Jeonghan. Instead of giving his answer to Jeonghan, he suddenly hugged him like how he hugged Joshua. It’s funny how Mingyu turned so adorable like this when he’s scary as and hour ago. “Just don’t hurt my master.” Mingyu pleaded.

“I won’t.”

After all the drama they had before they decided to eat but unfortunately there’s no food to cook in the empty fridge but there’s a lot of instant food in the cabinet. Jeonghan was so confuse and lost, he never thought that vampire can feel hunger as well just like humans do and that they crave not only blood, but what surprised him more is when Mingyu said he’s hungry as well.

How can this supernatural being can feel what human does? Maybe they are not monsters at all, they are just special people who was gifted with powers.

Since there’s no food in the fridge they decided to go out for a while and bought some ingredients, it’s pretty late so there’s not much people around as they walk around the grocery store.

While they are heading back to the mansion, Jeonghan saw the moon that’s already waning quarter. He tilt his head as he got that rare feeling of forgetting something. He checked his pocket and the ingredients they bought but it’s not it. “Jeonghan, do you forgot something?” Joshua asked.

“Nah.” Both of them continue to walk but Jeonghan can’t help but to look at the moon above. What is it that he forgot and why does it feel important?

When they arrived at their house Jeonghan start to cook while the two are just staring behind him, munching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter