.. .

CAN YOU LOVE ME INSTEAD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What is a vampire?

A vampire is a mythical being who subsists by feeding on the life essence of living creatures. In folkloric tales, undead vampires often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighbourhoods they inhabited when they were alive. They wore shrouds and were often described as bloated and of ruddy or dark countenance, markedly different from today's gaunt, pale vampire which dates from the early 19th century.

That’s according to wikipidea. But honestly I never thought that vampire could date or even afford to find a special someone. It’s not like I don’t like vampires, I love watching them in television or movies because I believe they only exist in fairytales. I’m not that interested to them though, although I love watching them.

I have a question.

If a vampire exist in the 21st century and confess their feelings to you, what would your reaction be? Would you believe it? I mean duh it’s the 21st century who the hell would even believe that?

 

Joon Jeonghan, 19 years old. And unquestionably a “BOY”. Jeonghan is just an ordinary student as he prefer himself to be one of them but I don’t think the people around him sees him in that way.

“What did you called me?” He asked the guy standing next to him. They are in the middle of the empty hallway when Joshua called him all of a sudden. At first Jeonghan was hesitant because why the hell would this guy tell me? They’re not even close, he doesn’t even know the guy.

Instead of answering his question, Joshua just starred almost blankly at Jeonghan that made him a little uncomfortable. The long haired boy furrowed his brow when Joshua is not talking. “Hey?”

“Can you love me instead?” Joshua said out of the blue.

Jeonghan was like a statue at first because the words are not sinking in to his mind until he finally gets what Joshua had said.

“W-w-what?” He asked while stammering, not believing what the other boy said.

“Can you love me instead?” He said again with the same blank expression.

“HUH!? Are you nuts? I’m a boy for heaven’s sake and I have a girlfriend! Stop saying weird things and besides I don’t even know you.” He can’t believe that this guy asked him to love him instead, is this guy a retard or what? He’s a boy! A boy! Which mean he doesn’t have ies because he has *****. And he has a hot girlfriend! He won’t abandon her just for this weirdo.

Jeonghan was about to turn his back and walk away when Joshua grab his arms. “That’s why I’m telling you to love me instead. Break up with her and be mine.”

“You gotta be kidding me!” Jeonghan slapped him in the face and walk out, leaving Joshua in the hallway.

Jeonghan can’t believe this guy. He is confessing with such a flat expression so why the hell he would believe him. If this is one of his classmate’s prank they better be prepared tomorrow because he’s so gonna kick their balls for putting him in this kind of embarrassing situation. Thank the heavens that there’s no one around.

 

When Jeonghan finally arrived at his own apartment, he received a text from his girlfriend telling him to meet her in the bridge at 7:30 pm. Jeonghan was so excited to see his girlfriend because they’re not hanging too much this past few weeks. He likes his girlfriend, although he’s not fully sure that he loves her, well maybe if this relationship lasts longer maybe he probably could fall in love with her, besides, she’s hot and beautiful? Haha not that beautiful but attractive.

It’s only 7:20 when Jeonghan arrived at the bridge waiting for his girlfriend, the girl arrived at 8 which made him wait even longer, but it’s ok with him, at least he saw his girlfriend now. “Nami.” He said as he run towards his girlfriend as was about give him a hug but the lad stepped back and avoid the full contact of their bodies. Jeonghan looks puzzled by his girlfriend’s act, why is she being distant, and the look in her face is far from being happy to his boyfriend.

“Nami?” He asked his girlfriend. “Let’s break up.” She said straight to the point.

“W-what? Why all of a sudden-“

Nami covered her face with her palm. “I can’t take the discrimination anymore. Every time people saw us they always say that you look more beautiful than I am.” She look at Jeonghan with teary eyes. “I’m sorry Jeonghan. Please don’t bother me anymore.” After she said those words she ran away to the bridge leaving Jeonghan standing alone in the dark.

“What a bad day.” He said to himself as he sigh.

The next day, Jeonghan is not really in the mood for interaction or socialization. And it seems like the people around him is not in the mood as well as he pass the corridor receiving piercing stares, but Jeonghan caeless, because he’s in a bad mood today to even ask them why.

He just want to let his day pass as he always do because he’s leaving in a careless life but damn, that woman is really a waste.

“I heard you slapped Joshua yesterday.” Hoshi said after sitting beside Jeongha’s desk. “Who the hell is Joshua?” Jeonghan rest his forehead to his desk and sigh for the 100th time that day. “Woah, for real man? You don’t even know the most famous boy in our school?”

“I thought that’s me.” Was his timid answer.

Hos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter