08. False Façade

The School of Memories

“This looks damn old!”

“Is that why you're shaking like an old man?”

“No i'm not, i forgot to take my morning junsu dose.”

“Let's finish this soon.”

Pouting yoochun walked behind junsu to enter the old music room, holding brooms and buckets in their hands. The old room looked neat and clean but a little bit dusty. There stood another grand piano in the middle of the huge room. This one a lot old looking and worn out of excessive use during the early stages of the school.

“I guess this belonged to the real owner of the building, the one who owned this even before the school started..” yoochun gave a dreamy look around the ancient room and finally towards the piano. He somehow felt weird and respectful towards this great piece of art. In the past, students might have cherished and played it sitting on this now old stool.

Junsu went on clearing the curtains around the room, giving some warm setting sun rays into the room. He wasn't sure if it's because he and yoochun were alone in the room, but he felt the room was once filled with love and happiness before it got abandoned.

Carefully sitting to the piano, yoochun opened the keyboard and touched the elegant looking keys with his slender fingers. He closed his eyes and pressed a note, and at once he saw it.. or he felt it, he couldn't tell but it was like if he had played it before, before he knew he even existed.

At once the room was filled with the live sounds of applause and yoochun opened his eyes. The room was bathed in a bright orange light and students were sitting in rows around the room. Everyone was smiling and cheering like if he had just finished playing a superb melody. And then towards the far end, he saw him, the small boy standing at the back of the room, smiling and clapping. He couldn't see him clearly but the boy looked extremely happy for him. Yoochun felt his heart beating fast seeing the boy for some reason, he wanted to take a good look at the boy, he knew the boy was someone important to him. Suddenly the boy started walking out of the room and yoochun stood up at once. He was about to go after the boy when someone suddenly grabbed him from behind.

“Yoochun!!”

Opening his eyes yoochun looked directly into junsu's worried eyes. They were beautiful up this close.

“I thought you fell asleep on it, what was that melody you were playing? I felt i've heard it somewhere.”

Heart still beating fast like a fish taken out of water, yoochun grabbed junsu's hand and pulled him gently onto his lap, still trying to figure out if it's just an imagination.

“I don't know.” he rested his head on junsu's shoulder trying to calm his breath down. It felt so right, it felt so familiar to be with the boy right now, to be with this piano and to be in this room with the boy. Closing his eyes he listened to sound of applause still echoing in his head.

An hour later the sun had already set and the two boys were walking out of the room, tired and worn out. Cleaning the huge room wasn't an easy task.

They were climbing down the first set of stairs of the staircase when junsu noticed that he accidently collided his broom on one of the picture frames hung along the wall. He quickly hurried to catch the picture before it could fell down but he missed the steps on the way and felt himself falling towards the wall side losing his balance. Yoochun sensing the danger quickly reacted and caught him from behind preventing the fall and junsu released a breath he was holding in relief, gaining his balance again, hugging on to the picture that he caught safely.

Placing the picture again on it's place junsu saw, that the white fabric which was used to cover the picture from accumulation of frequent dust, was a little bit displaced. Fixing the cloth once again junsu had to uncover a half of the picture and he saw that the picture was a black and white photograph of a student of his age, a past head prefect to be exact.

Feeling curious about the picture he uncovered it at once and stared into it a couple of seconds, taking in the features of the handsome boy sitting in the picture. Feeling a sense of shock travelling along his spine he grabbed the picture tightly without letting it slip from his hands and stood there shocked, disbelief evident in his face.

Seeing something wrong with junsu's behaviour yoochun turned him around to his side and looked at the picture.

“This- this.. can't be.. Me?” yoochun stuttered in mere surprise.

“He looks.. exactly like you!” junsu exclaimed exchanging glances between the picture and yoochun. The boy in the picture had the same gorgeous smile that yoochun had and his hair was a bit longer and wavy, just like yoochun's. He looked so handsome and suave in the white and grey uniform.

“No way.. His name, what's his name?” yoochun couldn't believe this yet.

“His name..” junsu zoomed his eyes to read the small letters under the picture, and read the name with the description on it. “..He was widely known by the name ‘Micky’ as known by his colleages.” he finished the paragraph and looked into the air. “Micky..”

*******

“This.. tastes.. Awesome! i tell you.” yunho pushed another spoonful of spongy marshmellow cake into his mouth and smiled, his mouth filled with the cake.

“Slow down or i'll have to beat it down on your back.” jaejoong couldn't but smile at the puffed cheeks of the boy, enjoying the cake he made sitting in his kitchen.

“Why are they so late?”

“I don't think they'll come anytime soon anyway.” muttered jaejoong.

“So does junsu know why you ditched practises that day?”

“No, but i guess he suspects.”

“Haha.. but i thought you tell him everything since you're best friends.”

“Yeah i tell him everything normally, but..” jaejoong paused, he can't tell yunho that he already told junsu everything about their plan, and that junsu is still mad at him and yoochun for trying to hurt him, and of all that he can't tell junsu about this due to that specific reason without fearing he would get mad and dissapointed in him. “I don't know, i fear he won't accept us.”

“Oh come on jaejoong-ah, why would he object us when he is already in love with my best friend?” yunho knew jaejoong considers his best friend's opinion the most, but this, this sounds a bit fishy and unexplanatory, jaejoong wasn't facing him.

“They love each other so much, i'm sure junsu will understand and approve our love too, just like he understood yoochun's,” yunho paused looking carefully into jaejoong's face who still didn't face him. “You know, yoochun even ditched his parents' request to go back to the States with them, to be here with junsu.” he hissed the last part.

Hearing that jaejoong couldn't help but widen his eyes in shock. He didn't think that yoochun would do such a sacrifice for junsu, when junsu was only.. playing around him to take revenge.. Yeah that's what jaejoong suspected. He knew junsu didn't tell him this exactly but he knew his best friend well enough to know his intentions with the boy. And on the other hand junsu gave him enough hints to confirm his suspicions.

“So my suspicion was correct then,” yunho shook his head in dismay looking aside. “You told him didn't you?”

“I..I...”

“You knew it all along and you watched him playing with his heart!” yunho couldn't but yell in frustration. He knew yoochun was deeply in love with junsu and there's no way turning back once he fell so deeply. He felt guilty for causing this to his own best friend since he knew he was part of the cause which made junsu to take this decision.

“No listen, i never knew something like that, i swear and- and junsu didn't even tell something like that to me. I don't think he is-” jaejoong tried his best to defend his friend. He won't rely on his suspicions to go against his friend.

“But you suspected that! Tell me you didn't!”

Yunho looked at jaejoong and jaejoong couldn't but look down avoiding his gaze.

*******

“Yoochunnie~” whined junsu caressing yoochun's hair softly, who was fast asleep burying his head into the crook of his neck and hugging his waist with his right hand. His hair was still wet with sweat and his face almost covered with his messy hair. Junsu shifted his head slightly from yoochun's left arm which he used as a pillow and tried to reach his hand for the comforter to pull it up to cover yoochun's .

“Mmm..hhh” stirred yoochun in his sleep caused by junsu's sudden movements.

“I must go home now. Jaejoong might get afraid.” whispered junsu feeling guilty for waking up the tired boy. They both were dead tired from all the cleaning they've done.

Yoochun released junsu from his hug finally, still not liking to let go of the boy and both got dressed in a few minutes. Heading towards junsu's apartment yoochun pulled off his car in front of the apartment and pulled junsu in for another one of passionate kisses they shared tonight.

“Good night love..” whispered yoochun pulling out of the kiss, his face still cupped inside junsu's caring palms.

“Good night Chunnie..” smiled junsu looking into yoochun's loving eyes and caressing a strand of hair out of his face.

Watching the car retreat junsu stood in the moon light. He felt completed, he felt he found the answer for the question he always seeked answers for. It was love.. his love for yoochun and tonight it became complete, they became complete.. in each other's warmth.

*******

“Hyung that kick was awesome! It was superb! How come you direct that right into the goal when you can't even see your foot in that angle?”

Junsu kept smiling walking down the corridor, morning practises were always so thrilling for his hormones. With a flip of his body and leg he could do any magic up in the air.

“Hyung! teach me, teach me please!” changmin kept nagging and getting no reaction from junsu started tugging on his arm.

“Junsu!” Yoochun rushed to junsu with an all too cheerful smile. “Need to talk.”

Dragging junsu out of changmin's hold and into their favourite store room, yoochun hugged junsu at once pulling him in for a deep passionate kiss. Both still smiling and blushing yoochun pulled junsu out of the kiss and grabbed his chin softly looking into his face.

“Happy now?”

Startled by the sudden stiffness of the voice junsu looked up to match yoochun's eyes. The hold on his chin wasn't that gentle anymore and the atmosphere was getting uneasy by the second. The look on yoochun's eyes said it all.

“What do you mean?” he had to ask.

“Oh you've done it great, shouldn't you be happy about your success?” yoochun asked mockingly. “Playing a fool of me while having your fun, you were just great!” he hissed while pushing the boy into the wall and grabbing his chin again harshly forcing him to look at him.

Junsu was lost in his own thought. He couldn't understand what went wrong. It was visible that yoochun knew the truth, not the truth but only half of it, he thought. He couldn't think of a way how would yoochun got to know this, the only possible person who would've even suspected his actions was- no way jaejoong wouldn't do that, not when he did this for him. But.. was it why he didn't face him that much last night? Was it why jaejoong asked him to go to practises alone this morning? Was it because he's feeling he betrayed his friend?

“Feeling sad you got caught? Don't be, i got some happy news for you. Cuz you know what, you got me!” smiled yoochun bitterly. “Fair and square you got me right into your dirty trap, so cheer up!” he pushed the boy harder into the wall making him wince in pain.

“Stop it yoochun!” junsu knew there was no point of trying to convince yoochun right now. He was fierce and mad to the point he was not caring how much pain he was causing the other boy, physically and mentally. “Let's talk about this later-”

“Later? What later? Let's solve this now and forever!” he pushed the boy further into the wall grabbing the front of his shirt. “I even refused my parents' request all because of this false facade of yours And don't you ever think i will forget this, ever! i will make sure you regret every second of your life you felt happy cuz you thought you've fooled me. And i will make sure to make your life a living hell!”

With that he pushed the boy into the wall one last time and left the room, closing the door behind him aloud.

Junsu stood in the room still. He understood that it wasn't a nightmare and he should face the truth. He felt his tears threatening to fall down any second now, from the pain he felt in both his body and heart. But he could not, he cannot be weak, not now.

*******