10. Moving On

The School of Memories

“Woah!”

Changmin startled when he suddenly got grabbed by someone's hand.

“You! Stay away from junsu! Or else..”

Crossing his eyes to focus on the finger that was pointed towards his nose changmin looked up.

“I will make sure to break each and every bone in your long long skeleton into smallest pieces! You still don't know who i am!”

Focusing on the finger that was now pointed along his so called long skeleton up and down, changmin smirked. “Easier said than done!”

“Dare you talk to me like this? i'm older than you!” yoochun grabbed the front of changmin's shirt slightly, he was so pissed from the boy's behaviour for taking his threats so easily.

“But i'm taller than you.”

“That's becase you were either a coconut tree in your past life or an elephant eating coconut trees! Stay away from him, this is my last warning!”

“Like i care.”

“I can make your life miserable at the drop of a hat! You know that you coconut thief?”

“I think i've heard that somewhere before..” changmin started thinking where he had heard it but just to be disturbed by a third voice.

“What's going on here?”

“Teach your boy how to respect someone older than them!” warned yoochun finding no other excuse to answer junsu.

“I think you should learn how to earn your respect from them. Let's go minnie, practise starts in five.”junsu flashed his palm reminding that they had only left five more minutes of their break and grabbed changmin away leaving an angry yoochun behind.

Finishing the morning practises junsu entered the classroom a bit later than the others. Going to his usual place to sit he found a nicely wrapped box, of something looks like chocolates on his chair so taking it in his hands junsu looked around.

“Minyoung-ah, you saw who kept this?” he asked the girl sitting just next to his seat.

Yunho cracked an eyebrow towards yoochun who suddenly showed much interest in the book on his desk burying his face into it hearing junsu question about the box.

“Oh i kept it there for you hyung.” answered changmin out of nowhere just as the girl shook her head implying she didn't see the person who kept it.

Junsu smiled softly looking at changmin making someone sitting at the upper step row behind them to widen his eyes and come out of his interesting book.

“No he didn't!” yoochun understood it was too late to take it back when he realized the tone he had exclaimed. ‘The fish dies of his mouth!’

“Then who kept it?” it was junsu's turn to crack an eyebrow.

“Why should i tell you that? But i'll tell you one thing that he IS NOT the one who kept it!” pointed yoochun at changmin.

“Oh come-on hyung.. see? He's lying. I won't get a bit surprised if he has said he IS the one who kept it.” smirked changmin knowing the fish is already eating his trap.

“Of course ‘I’ kept it there you idiot!”

Seeing everyone stare at him amused yoochun added at once. “I kept it for minyoung-ah, but she didn't see it.” He said, without giving junsu a chance to reject his gift, which he thought soon would be coming, all the while making changmin frown and yunho hit his head on the desk.

Feeling something stirring in his heart junsu handed the box to it's owner at once, “Oh here you go minyoung-ah.” for a minute he thought yoochun would have stopped messing around with him.

‘!’ cursing to himself for his foolish words yoochun watched the lovely box he had spent hours to decorate with all the love of his heart, being passed from its real owner to some random girl, with sad eyes. He faked a smile towards the girl and pretended to continue reading on his book again.

“Good luck with that!” whispered yunho softly for yoochun to hear after a while.

‘You're so gonna be dead for this changmin!’ yoochun made a note in his head to teach the boy a lesson for making him do this in the first place.

*******

“Min-ah, ditching practises much, is there something wrong?”

“I'm so tired hyung, they've doubled the security after that incident, i can't move my foot.” changmin sighed lowering his head. “Just like old days.”

“Then let's go out tonight to cheer you up a bit.” smiled junsu sending his arm over the taller boy's shoulder. “I know this place, not only the high class but also only the reliable customers are allowed.”

“I'm on it!”

As they've agreed on earlier both the boys met each other outside the club and entered together.

“Where's jaejoong hyung? I thought he'd be coming.”

“I asked him but he had some other work, unfortunately.”

Sitting to the bar both the boys started chatting off happily, all their sorrows and regrets forgotten for a moment.

“So what were you guys talking about?”

“You mean with yoochun? Nothing much, threatening me as always.”

“So the box wasn't actually yours..”

“No way it could've been mine.. i guessed it was yoochun's, i just wanted to make him confess.”

“Of couse it was his!” chuckled junsu emptying his glass and looked into the thin air. “Now what was he trying to imply?”

“Hyung what if he's turning straight again?” changmin was amused by his own words, he won't ever talk so carelessly, he would think twice before saying something that might trigger a conflict between others unless.. unless he's already drunk.

“hahaha straight! You don't even know what that means min-ah,” laughed junsu histerically signaling for another glass. “let me show you tonight..”

“You know hyung, you don't seem to tolerate as much you are looking like.” muttered changmin leaning towards junsu, amused by seeing junsu already smiling and flirting with the bunch of girls standing next to them.

“I can tolerate my alcohol well min-ah, don't believe what jaejoong hyung says.” whispered junsu back still smiling at the girl flirting with him.

“Junsu oppa, is it true that yoochun oppa is having a relationship with minyoung-shi? A lot of people have seen them together too, i thought junsu oppa might know cuz oppa is close with yoochun oppa too..” asked the girl ignoring the annoyed look changmin was giving her.

“Well yuri-shi if there's smoke there's fire right?”

“So oppa is alright with it?”

“Of course yuri, why shouldn't i?”

The talk went on and changmin knew junsu was growing out of control with the counting glasses and he felt really helpless when junsu pulled the girl in for a kiss. After a while he somehow managed to drag the drunken boy out of the club before causing much disaster.

*******

“What are you doing?”

Entering the mansion to tag with his friend to school, yunho froze at once seeing yoochun working with a bunch of wrapping papers, cutting them and gluing together.. again.

“I'm going to give him a real present this time.. The best chocolate from the Swiss Alps!” exclaimed yoochun not bothering to take his eyes off from the wrapping paper he was working on.

“And this time i am not going to chicken out for sure. Whether he accepts or not i'm going to give this to him and apologize.” he hummed softly.

“No need.”

Mumbled yunho making yoochun look at him at once.

“Why not?”

“Yoochun i know this is hard to accept, but like it or not, he doesn't like you anymore.”

“Says who?” yoochun went back to his wrapping paper ignoring the serious look on yunho's face.

“Says i-”

“Think twice before you talk yunho, i've already lost him once listening to what others have to say. Not gonna be that fool again.” muttered yoochun, his voice filled with regret. “I'm the only one who knows how much i regret now for doing that.”

“I don't want to hurt you again..”yunho looked away. “but I saw it with my own eyes..”

*******

“Hyung, can i talk with you?”

Junsu wasn't amused to see changmin who just came into the field not even wearing the sports kit.

“What's up minnie, you don't seem to be well.”

“I mean can we talk in private, after school maybe.”

“Sure min. Is it about the same reason why you ditch practises often these days?”

“Sort of, hyung. My mind is not that clear these days.”

“Let's go to the lockers then.”

Walking towards the building junsu and changmin had to stop in their way seeing a girl rushing towards them.

“Oppa i brought you food today, eat before the lectures start.” the girl shoved the box into junsu's hand and surprised him with a kiss on the cheek before rushing away at once.

“What's wrong with Her?” asked junsu wondering over the retreating figure.

“Hyung you really don't remember anything that happened last night now do you?”

“Did yuri and i- !” cursed junsu pulling on his hair, bits of imageries coming into his mind from the last night's incident.

“Great, why didn't you stop me? You know i can't handle my alcohol!” he grabbed on changmin out of frustration. “Who else was there?”

“But hyung you are the one who said you CAN toleratate your alcohol!” argued changmin. “And anyway i don't think anyone else was there than those bunch of gossip girls.”

“Don't ever trust my words when i'm drunk min-ah and now.. Let's try to find a way out of this. Here, we got to finish this too.” sighed junsu flashing the lunch box and pulling changmin towards the building with him once again.

“I told you about this.” sighed yunho watching the two boys walking away, from the far end of the ground. They had just seen the intimate interaction between yuri and junsu.

Without saying a word yoochun walked away. He was glad that he didn't go to the club last night with yunho to witness junsu kissing and flirting with another girl. The mere thought killed him to no end. Maybe it's about time he makes up his mind.

The day went on and yoochun didn't spare a single glance at junsu who was happily sitting with changmin and next to him yuri and her friend. He didn't object when minyoung claimed the chocolate box once again thinking it's for her, and gave it to her without much thinking.

Finally the school time was over and it came the time for the Music. So all the girls and boys got gathered inside the music room around the two pianos which were kept in the middle of the room. It was finally the day of the month for the battle so everyone was there to hear the melodious music which was about to begin.

Starting from Beethoven to Mozart yoochun closed his eyes feeling all the sorrows that was running throughout his body being filled into his heart at once. It was the mere wish to turn back time to return to the times when he was happy, that filled him, which made him play the same melody he once played at the old music room, that no one ever had heard or played, not even him.

Opening his eyes not being able to bear the pain anymore, yoochun was amused to see junsu standing over the wall and watching him in silence. The look on junsu's face was so foreign and unreadable to the point it sent a shock of electricity through his body. He wasn't clapping or cheering as the others did but just standing and watching him in his own world.

Yoochun was startled, he knew junsu had already moved on from him so what's the point of this, to come and watch him play when he should be practising soccer on the ground in the mean time.

Ignoring the boy yoochun glanced at yunho who was standing with jaejoong beside junsu, clapping their hands slightly to the music so clearing his mind he tried to concentrate over the music his fingers were playing without his concern. He felt his heart raising by the second feeling junsu's stare still on him like lazer beams but he decided not to look at the boy again.

Finally when the battle came to an end yoochun placed his notes back into the bag before walking out of the room to join yunho to go home.

“They went home already?”

“They?”

“Junsu and jaejoong..”

“But there was-”

Before yunho could answer jaejoong popped out of nowhere. “Let's go!”

“But where's junsu?”

“Junsu? What made you think he'd ever come to watch you play again yoochun-ah?” jaejoong couldn't but laugh softly.

“But i saw him.. i saw him standing there with you two!”

“Chun what are you talking about? We were alone, you saw us.” yunho tried to understand why was yoochun acting like this, when there was clearly only him and jaejoong standing there, when the battle was still going on.

“Anyway junsu didn't stay even for the practises today, he went home early with changmin. Let's go now.” jaejoong too felt curious about yoochun's behaviour but he pushed it to the back of his head not asking any further questions.

*******

“What's so bothering you min-ah?” asked junsu taking a seat in changmin's living room.

“It's just.. They've found out that there's a serious threat to my life again..” sighed changmin. “And now no one's allowing me to step outside the house unless to school, and even that would stop soon.”

“I'm so lost hyung, i'm so fed up with this life now. It's like living in fear has become a part of me.” continued changmin, he knew he has to say this to someone before he dies out of frustration.

“It's not only about the treaty, isn't it?” junsu had to ask.

“I knew you would ask this hyung,” changmin knew he has no other option than to spill the truth now. “You're right hyung, the treaty is just the surface of the problem, other than that my family has a lot of secrets so as to how we grew so much wealth during the past few decades. A part of the reason why my uncle had to run away cutting all the ties with the family, they weren't just after the Shims for no reason.”

Changmin looked down from junsu, he knew his wealth was not the cleanest as his high status. Every family has its own dirty secret and he knew in this matter he has no power to question his father's authority, but to suffer the outcomes of it.

“Young master! An emergency situation has been announced, please don't use any of the phone lines and stay inside the house!”

Both the boys got startled by the sudden change in atmosphere followed by the rushing of bodyguards inside the house and the screeching sounds of vehicles outside the house.

“What's going on hae?” asked changmin worriedly when they reached the bed room upstairs to have more privacy from all the guard they were putting up inside and outside the house.

“Our intelligence has just found out about the plan of our enemies to kidnap the heir to the Shims young master.” answered the previous man. “If the information was right, they should attempt to kidnap or harm you by the end of the day, the source confirmed us that they've already tracked the exact location of The Eagle.”

“The Eagle?”

“The heir to the Shims, that means you young master.”

Changmin sat on the bed sighing heavily, he knew this was coming. “Seems like i invited you in the wrong time hyung, i'm so sorry about this.”

“It's okay minnie, i promise to stay with you until all this gets fine.”

“Thank you so much hyung.” changmin felt so warm and safe when junsu took him inside his arms in a caring hug.

“But i have a question.” junsu said suddenly making changmin look at him at once.

“Howcome they try to harm you when you're this much safe? I mean i don't think it's possible to kidnap you even if they've tracked your location, anyone can do that.”

“Yeah that's true hyung, but i think the security is taking all the measures they could to prevent any mistake, they know there's still the risk of unidentified moles.” changmin thought for a while.

“That sounds acceptable.” agreed junsu. “In the end it's their responsibility to protect the only heir to the Shims against any possible threat, whether it's true or false.”

“But hyung-” changmin widened his eyes hearing what junsu has just said. “How can i forget this, i'm NOT the 'only' heir to the Shims!”

“What do you mean min-ah?”

“My father's hyung, he has a son. My first cousin, the very first grandchild of our family.”

“But you said they had cut all the ties with the family right?”

“But that doesn't make them own the Shims' heritage any less.” changmin added. “They fled to Korea for protection since my uncle knew they had no capacity to protect themselves in a foreign land though how much rich and high they were, unlike my father who had immense power and security as a government official.”

“So you think they might've meant your cousin by the term 'The Eagle', that they've found out the whereabouts of first heir to the Shims?”

“I must inform my dad! you have your phone with you hyung?”

After trying for some time changmin hung the phone up, frustrated that he couldn't reach the Embassador that easily.

“What do we do now, can't we tell the security?”

“No way, there can be inside moles, any wrong step we take they could change or speed up their plans. And it's only my father who kept the connection with his brother, not even the intelligence knows about this.”

“So how did your father kept the connection?”

“Once in a while my father met with this old friend of his in our holiday bunglow back when we were still living there. He said he is a very close and loyal friend to our family and asked me to contact him in any case of emergency when i was about to return to Korea.”

“I always suspected he was the one who brought the information to my dad about my uncle all the way from Korea.” finding the desired no. from his phone changmin quickly dialled it in junsu's phone and tapped the call button.

He went to a side and talked for about five minutes with the man on the other side, trying to convince him how emergent the situation is. Hanging up the phone he came back to sit on the bed in great dismay.

“Ahh! No use, even he doesn't know where my uncle is, he has just transferred the information from a friend of my uncle to my father!”

“What else he says?” asked junsu dissapointed to hear the news.

“They are not here by the name of Shims, they've disguised themselves before returning to Korea.” changmin sent a hand through his hair pulling it in frustration, his mind was a total mess right now. “He only knows that the mutual friend who gave him the information was a Jung, the partial owners of famous Park industries.”

Changmin got shocked hearing the words that escaped his own mouth and stared at junsu at once, just as junsu stared at him in the same second, his eyes widened from hearing the familiar first names.

“Your father.. by any chance he's the Embassador of the States?” junsu asked immediately remembering that once yoochun's parents had suggested him to return to the States with them.

“Yes he is.” answered changmin. “Oh ! Now i remember where i heard that.”

~Flashback~

“Changminnie say hi to your hyung..he has come a long distance to see you, now say 'haaii hyung!' ”

A lady held her ten year old down in front of another little boy wearing extra jackets to protect himself from the foreign weather, and left the room leaving the two boys alone. The boy was also born here but was taken back to his motherland soon after.

“Hiii hyung..”

“Hellow changminnie.. omo you're taller than me though you're so little..” said the older boy touching the cheek of the youngest.

“That's because i'm older than you hyung.. In fact you should call me 'hyung' from now on!” said the younger boy proudly.

“Oh no i'm way older than you minnie.. and you know, people get taller when they were born coconut trees in their past lives or if they were huge elephants eating huge coconut trees in their past lives!” exagerated the boy the size of the elephants as his own age.

“No way! I am not a coconut tree!”

“Yes you are, you even look like one, if it's a lie go and ask your mom!”

Pouting in dismay the boy ran back to the living room where his mother sat leaving the older boy to stand alone smiling in victory, “So cute!”

~End of Flashback~

“That was the last time i saw my uncle and his family about ten years ago so i remembered it by heart.”

“I must go, i must find him before something happens!” junsu hurried towards the door at once.

“Wait! They won't let you out at a time like this, and if he's my brother i'm coming with you too!”

“No you can't come with me min-ah, it's still dangerous for you outside!”

“Either you let me come with you or we both stay here together! remember they won't let any of us out that easily, i'm the only one who knows the way around.”

“Fine!”

*******

ToBeContinued>>>