12. Can You Love Me

The School of Memories

Sitting on the hospital bed yoochun looked out of the window. If someone looked into his eyes they would wonder how can the boy's eyes look so lifeless when he seems to be perfectly alive.

“Chun-ah, chun-ah! Look i brought chocolates for you so you can give junsu when he is up!” yunho barged in smiling happily.

“Chun-ah let's go see him together when he is up okay? Chun-ah talk will you!”

Yoochun knew yunho will always barge into his room saying the same thing until the day he speaks up. But he knew, yunho didn't understand that he doesn't want to talk anymore not that he can't. How can a person talk when a half of him was dead? How can he give a meaning to a word when he himself was living a meaningless life? Yunho doesn't understand that, he thought.

“He's not gonna believe me jaejoong-ah.”

“Let's give him some time yunnie..” jaejoong hugged the desperate boy into his chest, he knew it was hard for the boy as well.

It was one fine morning a couple of days later. It was raining softly outside and yoochun still refused to get up from his hospital bed to go home.

“Chun-ah come will you! Let's go see junsu! Chun-ah come..” yunho started to pull yoochun's hand ignoring the angry look the boy was giving him.

“Yoochun-ah come..” jaejoong held his other hand, seeing how uncontrollable yoochun was. They had to do this.. somehow!

Walking along some hallways and opening the respective door slightly yunho and jaejoong led yoochun into a room. They knew they were doing something wrong but they knew, for yoochun's well-being they have to do this.

“Junsu..” Yoochun muttered softly seeing the boy laying on the bed, he couldn't believe his own eyes. He was afraid to touch the boy thinking he would dissapear the second he touch him like an illusion.

“Yes it's junsu, i told you he's okay, didn't i?” beamed yunho happily.

Sitting on the bed beside the sleeping junsu yoochun touched his face carefully. He felt the warm skin under his fingers and smiled softly realizing it wasn't a dream anymore. Hugging the boy into his arms yoochun rested his head onto his shoulder feeling the warmth engulfing his cold heart again. He listened to the heart beat of the boy which was slowly giving life back into his meaningless world.

“What are you boys doing inside here?” the nurse of the morning shift widened her eyes just as she entered, seeing the number of boys inside the special ward this early in the morning, one of them even still in his hospital gown. “If you want to see him stay outside till his parents or the doctor comes. Now out!”

The boys came out of the room without a word. They knew it was wrong to have any contact with the boy before the doctor guarantees he's okay to see anyone.

“Jaejoong-ah now rest a little, you've stayed up all night.” yunho stated worriedly remembering how he found jaejoong still awake when he entered the hospital earlier today, waiting till junsu gets transferred to the special ward from the ICU.

“Hyung discharge me, i want to go home! I have things to prepare for my Su!” exclaimed yoochun suddenly coming out of the trance that he was in for the past few days.

“Thank god!” smiled yunho glad to see that his stubborn friend has changed his mind finally.

*******

Junsu woke up to the sound of dripping rain outside his window. Jaejoong had already pulled off the curtains allowing the fading colours of sunshine to enter the room. He watched the number of gifts and flower bouquets lying beside his bed and sighed in relief.

It had been two days since he woke up to find a sleeping jaejoong beside his bed. The same day his parents came to see him and he felt so guilty after getting to know that his mother had fallen a bit ill after hearing the shocking news. He had asked her not to worry anymore and promised he would get well soon.

The moment he woke up jaejoong had assured him that everyone was okay and nothing's there to worry about at all. He felt so relieved after getting to know that changmin is still alive and well without any major injuries and that he had been sent to Japan for a few more further treatments.

~Flashback~

“Min-ah, hurry up try to pull off the rope over the shoulder with me!” whispered junsu as soon as the men left the room tying them inside. First they were tied on the two seperate chairs and then tied together sending a rope around their chests.

“I can't hyung, i feel so weak..” muttered changmin helplessly.

“Shim Changmin! don't you ever think to give up now! Try as hard as you can, we can do this!”

A second later they heard the foot steps of someone so they stopped their efforts for a while.

The same man from the basement entered the room while answering his phone. Hanging the phone up he ordered the man beside him at once. “Set it up now!”

Seeing the said man working on his laptop and setting up something beside them inside the room, both the boys widened their eyes in shock realizing what the man was up to.

“Don't worry kids it would be quick.” the man left the room with the other, leaving the two boys alone once again.

Just as the men left junsu started to push the rope upwards from his chest while changmin tried his best to slip into the ropes pulling himself downwards. Just as the rope slipped to their necks junsu rocked his chair and head taking off the rope completely out of their bodies.

Bending his body as close as possible to the arms of the chair junsu started to chew on the rope tying one of his wrists. Freeing the hand and ignoring the bloody taste he got in his mouth, he quickly untied himself and went for the weak boy still tied down next to his chair. Junsu was almost finished untying the boy when the bomb sent out an alarming noise starting to tick the seconds down.

Carrying the almost numb body of changmin, junsu reached the ground floor with much effort and understood that the door was locked from outside. Cursing to himself junsu knew the time was almost up for their fates just when he saw the small wooden door that might hopefully lead them to the basement of the building.

Reaching the door junsu pushed changmin down the staircase just when he heard the loud blast and felt himself too rolling down the staircase, just as he noticed that a part of the basement ceiling was starting to collapse onto him.

~End of Flashback~

Junsu never thought he would get lucky enough to see this world again, but here he is lying on his hospital bed not yet believing how lucky he was.

“Junsu-ah, you look better today,” smiled yunho entering the room. “here this is from yoochun.” he placed the chocolate box on the table beside junsu and caressed his head caringly.

Eversince he woke up yoochun never came to see him, even yuri came to see him amidst the doctors' restrictions but no, not yoochun. Junsu always wondered why but he decided not to worry if it's the boy's will as long as he knows that yoochun is safe somewhere else.

“How's your hand now yunho-yah?” jaejoong asked approaching the boy's hand carefully. Yunho had cut his hand slightly when he was trying to break the ropes he was tied in.

“Not that bad.” yunho let the boy to caress his hand sofly trying to ease his pain.

Junsu looked at the two boys and felt something stirring in his heart. He wasn't sure what was that but seeing jaejoong caring over another boy when he was lying alone on his hospital bed was unbearable to his heart. He knew, before yunho came into picture jaejoong was only caring for him and him alone. And now he has to share his care between himself and yunho, the thought made junsu frown a little.

“Junsu-ah, i'll come see you at lunch too. I have to go meet yoochun right now.” smiling yunho said goodbye to the two boys and left the room.

“Jaejoongie hyung!” junsu broke the silence a few minutes after yunho went out.

“Hmmm..?” jaejoong sat beside junsu on the bed looking at the boy questioningly.

“Can you love me?” asked junsu looking straight into jaejoong's eyes. “The same way you love yunho hyung.”

“Junsu-ah..” jaejoong got more closer to the boy sitting on the bed smiling softly. ‘The dolphine was jealous!’ he knew. “I love you more than anyone else in this world, you know that? Not even yunho can take that place.”

Smiling at his own childish question junsu knew that jaejoong had understood him very well as always.

“Omo the dolphine is so cute when he is jealous!” jaejoong tried to pinch the nose of his best friend who was trying to gain his affection like a little boy acting all childish to gain his mother's attention.

“Su-ah, you know what, though i love you so much the love that you're in need of right now is not mine. You should ask a certain someone for that.”

Realizing what jaejoong meant junsu smiled shyly. ‘He was right!’

*******