02. Where The Story Begins

The School of Memories

Sounds of laughs, sounds of joy and chattering.. The opening ceremony had gone so well and all the welcoming speeches from their dean & heads were so encouraging and demanding for a successful school year. All the ladies were wearing their best expensive clothes and the boys were suave in their handsome suits. This is surely a place that produce future young prodigies for the country.

Two boys were walking in the middle of the grounds through the crowds of girls and boys, one with bangs up light brown hair and the other one with glistening blonde hair. Both were chattering and enjoying the light breeze that swept across the campus grounds, gathering the happiness that evaporated from all the young energies.

“Jae this is so huge, i would've been lost without you!” exclaimed the boy with a squeaky voice when they had just reached in front of the entrance to the big hall on the main premises.

“I wonder whether your habit of getting lost in public places comes from your previous life” sighed the other one tightening his hold on the younger one's hand.

On the other side of the premises without the knowledge of the two boys, two guys with charming looks and seemingly big attitute were walking towards the same entrance, where the freshmen were called in by the head prefect.

“What a pleasant suprise!!” yelled the guy with the slightly long wavy hair with a faked excited tone in his voice.

“Oh my god yoochun, you've just said you need to find some more maids for the mansion right?” asked the tall guy with a calm yet mocking tone, staring at the blonde haired boy straight in the eyes, who was now sending daggers from his eyes towards him in return. ‘God he's hot when he's angry’ thought yunho to himself

“Su-ah you said you need to find a new one since your old butler is sick right? This one looks old enough” said the blonde eyeing his opponent from head to toe to make sure the guy would boil in anger. ‘Not bad ah??’ wondered jaejoong in his mind.

“Enough with the word fights!” started yoochun in a demanting tone who was watching the Kims carefully from the begining and cooking some evil plan in his genius head.

“I think we started the wrong way.. Let's stop all this childishness and start afresh” smiled yoochun sweetly drawning all the attention from the three suprised faces and pushed his hand towards the soccer captain who was startled by the sudden gentleness of the guy in front.

“Park Yoochun. You might know about the Parks already.. You can call me yoochun” he shot another one of his dashing smiles towards the boy in front tilting his head to the side charmingly.

Hesitating a bit junsu wasn't so convinced with the guy's behaviour but nevertheless he raised his hand for a hand shake, anything to stop this stupid fight. “Kim Jun-”

Grabbing the hand at once yoochun took a step closer to the boy pulling him towards himself at the same second and lowered his head to the boy's ear whispering & eyeing the boy at the same time. “I don't care who you are, but if you don't keep your distance the next time, i'll make sure you'll regret for the rest of your life .”

Junsu took a second to register the words in his head and hiding his surprise and smirkingly, lent in more towards the boy, catching him offguard. “If you're so willing to get your teeth into your stomach by my own fists ” he reasured his words with a tight squeeze on their still connected hands.

Yoochun was taken aback for sure, never in his life he thought that a cute face like this could get such challenging and fearless in front of him. Him the mighty Yoochun. Maybe he misjudged the boy, maybe. You see a lot of people will get misjudged by their outer appearance but you're talking about the Captain of the soccer team here.. One of the most challenging and competitive sports in the world, you should know, and the one to lead in such a sport, must be as challenging & competitive as well. And that costs a lot of will power and Junsu, is not the guy to give up without a fight.

“Guys, this way” the voice of a boy came through the entrance followed by a tall and well built figure after its voice, snapping the four boys out of their little friendly conversation. The head prefect as it seemed, was taking the freshmen out for a walk through the grand old college buildings.

“Freshies, this way” nodded the boy aknowledging the presence of the four boys outside, implying them to join the other students who were already following him. Without a word the four joined the line of crowd and started walking, giving one last look at each other.

Passing down hundreds and thousands of hallways and corridors leading to god knows where the head prefect stopped at once. This part of the building looked so old and lack of renovation was inevitable but still it was in perfect condition you could see. On the right side of the hallway there stood a huge grand looking stairway, probably being abandoned after the school got modernized. Upone the wall along the long staircase, a line of framed pictures were hung.

“People, people.. This is where the history begins” the HP started to explain in a loud voice clapping his hands together turning around to face his audience, and sending chills of proudness along everyone's spine, and quiting the whispers at once. A school which has a history of over a century, and the school buildings of over six centuries is certainly a place you should have chills. The dim lighted hallways and the grand chandeliers will speak behalf of your self.

“Look carefully at the pictures hung along the stairway. But you're not allowed to step on it or go any closer,” the HP's voice started to echo softly through the hallways. “Those are the pictures of our ancestors, who were once the Head Prefects of this Grand College..” he waved towards the staircase which looked like if leading to sky because the curved, upper most half of the stairway was always covered with darkness.

“You see there's no much space to hang my face there,” continued the boy sending a wave of giggles across the hallway. “But these people who sit here grandly are the people who've done a great service to bring this place to its positon now”

After allowing the students to hang around the sacred looking place to explore the huge book shelves by the window and the other antiques in the hallway, like the grand old piano, and explaining some more about the school history, the HP cleared his voice once again,“There's an interesting story about this place..” the HP started to scratch his forehead by his index finger lowering his head hesitating a bit.

“I don't know if i should tell this to you cuz.. it's a bit of a sad story..” he hesitated again. “But when i first came here.. my head prefect told us this story and asked us, to whomever he passes his position, to continue this tradition.” The boy raised his head confidently and stared at the audiance below, with a merciless expression on his face, from his place upone the step.

“It's the story about one of the earliest Head Prefects of this school, it's the story about.. strengths and weaknesses, it's the story about.. right and wrong, and at last but not least it's the story about.. love and hate”

Junsu turned his head aside to free his neck from the continuous pose it was kept, and at the same time Yoochun turned his head by the sudden instincts which were unknown to he himself, and for a second their eyes met..

*******