Science, Matter, Whatever! (ChanBaek)

Into Your Heart

This is super ty. I swear. I don't actually plan to post this but my effort... And my head actually hurts like hell because it's frigging hot in my country. So maybe that's why my brain can't function well and gave this crappy story.

Warnings : ty as ever ; unedited ; poorly written ; don't expect much ; grammatical errors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol hates science. Really. Sure, science is essential in our lives but sometimes, it only complicates things. What’s the use of computing someone’s weight if there’s a weighing scale? What’s the use of memorizing the periodic table if we’re not really using those in our daily conversations with other people? Dumb ideas and perspectives, sure. But no one can stop Park Chanyeol. Or so we thought.

“Park, you do know that your grade in my subject is not good.” Chanyeol is currently inside the faculty’s office together with his Science teacher.

“Of course, sir. Now, can I leave?” Chanyeol hissed. Respect? Respect his .

“No. You must pass my subject if you want to graduate Mr. Park.” His teacher sternly said.

“What can I do? Any suggestions?” Chanyeol sarcastically smirked.

“I suggest you study or get a damn tutor.” His teacher gritted his teeth. Seriously, this kid. His teacher thought.

“Tutor?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes. I have a student to suggest.”

“Wait, what? A student? Like me? Are you kidding me?” Chanyeol was flabbergasted. Of course, why would a student like him tutor him?

“He’s one of the best student in my class. He’s in class A. So I’m sure that you’ll learn enough from him.”

“But,”

“No buts, Park. Come here again tomorrow so you can meet him. Now go home. It’s getting late.” With that, Chanyeol left the office.

Bull. That’s the only thing Chanyeol kept on muttering to himself. How can he learn something from a student when he can’t learn a single thing from his teacher? This is just pure bull. But then, Chanyeol came back from the oh so familiar office room filled with teachers. And there, a beautiful creature captured Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Park. This is Byun Baekhyun. Just like what I’ve said yesterday, he will be your tutor.” The boy, Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol and flashed him a smile. He then offered his right hand to Chanyeol which he quickly took.

“Park Chanyeol.” He introduced.

“Okay. You two can leave now and talk about your schedules.” The two left the faculty and walked to the nearest café.

“So, science.” Baekhyun awkwardly started.

“Yeah… Science.” Chanyeol said. Looking straight into Baekhyun’s eyes.

“A-ah. So what should our schedule be?” Baekhyun looked away from Chanyeol’s burning gaze.

“I’m always free. So it’s up to your schedule.”

“I’m free during Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. 5 PM both Wednesday and Friday. 11 AM for Saturdays. Is that alright?”

“Oh it’s alright. Then that’s our schedule.” Chanyeol said.

“How old are you?” Chanyeol asked. Curiosity developing.

“18… You?”

“Same. Wait, you’re uniform is the same as mine.”

“Oh… Because we’re in the same school?” Baek said.

“I mean, I haven’t seen you.”

Because you’re ing blind to see me.” Baek whispered.

“Huh? You saying something?”

“Nothing! Don’t mind me.” Baekhyun awkwardly said.

“So why’s that?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen you around also.” Baekhyun lied. Actually, all he can see in their school is Park Chanyeol. The reason he entered that school is because of Chanyeol. Oops, too much information.

“Oh. Guess our school is huge.” Chanyeol laughed.

“Yeah…” Baekhyun smiled.

So, yes. They did meet every Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Baekhyun tried his best to make Chanyeol understand what he’s talking about but it seems that Chanyeol is distracted. Well, he was trying to keep his cool also. Sitting together on a room with your crush is a hard thing to do. He’s quite proud of himself to deliver the lessons Chanyeol can’t understand without stuttering and is still understandable.

“Hey, are you okay? You’ve been distracted since I came here…” Baek said. Worry evident in his eyes.

“A-ah, yes. I’m alright.” Chanyeol said. Regaining his senses. “Sorry about that.”

“No, it’s alright. We can stop if you want.” Baekhyun said.

“No! I mean, no. Continue please.” Chanyeol was acting strange but Baekhyun shrugged the thought off.

“Oh, okay then.” They continued their tutoring session and luckily finished the topic well. After a month or two, their exams are just around the corner. They, once again, are inside Chanyeol’s room (They’re not doing anything bad!) reviewing.

“Pray for me, Baek.” Chanyeol said, throwing his books.

“Hey, why should I? I know you’ll do great in your exams.” Baekhyun smiled.

You’ll do great. Ugh. In other subjects, I know I’ll do great, even in Math! But really, Science… Am I the only student loathing science?” Chanyeol asked.

“No, I think you’re not the only one.” Baek laughed.

“You know, can we just rest for now? Talk about random things.” Chanyeol suggested. “And I have a problem right now.” Chanyeol sat at his bed. Baekhyun was currently sitting on the floor.

“Oh? What is it then?”

“You know, I think my heart has a problem.”

“W-what? How?” Baekhyun said. Attention completely turned to Chanyeol.

“Every time I’m with him, my heart pounds. Whenever he smiles at me, talks to me, and just everything that he does… It makes my heart flutter. My tummy would make somersaults but it’s not uncomfortable… Actually it makes me warm.” Chanyeol shook his head. Big smile plastered on his face. And that’s when it hit Baekhyun. Chanyeol is in love, with someone else. Baekhyun’s heart constricts.

“O-oh… Who’s he?” Baekhyun lowered his head. Tears threatening to fall.

“Secret! I just met him a month ago or two.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun’s mind was… in mess. Him, secretly loving Chanyeol. Yes. He loves Chanyeol. One time during Junior high, Baekhyun found him on a street petting a stray kitten. Sadness evident in his eyes. Baekhyun just knew at that time that Chanyeol has a pure heart. So he followed Chanyeol. Even on his Senior high. Baek entered Chanyeol’s school. Time moved onwards and Baekhyun found himself falling hard. He was so happy when his science teacher said that he’ll be the one to tutor Park Chanyeol. And this news… Was a swift blow to his fragile heart.

“Hey… Baek?”

“Ah yes.”

“So what do you think?”

“You’re… In love.” Baekhyun said. Jaw clenching.

“Really?! Should I tell him right now or wait?”

“I don’t know… Sorry. I’m not feeling really well.”

“Oh… You can go home now. I’ll go with you.”

“No. Stay here. I’m alright. I can manage, don’t worry.” With that, Baekhyun packed his things and left Chanyeol’s house.

 2 weeks have passed and Chanyeol never saw Baekhyun again. Chanyeol tried calling or texting Baek but he got no response from the other. He even visited Baekhyun in his house but his mother said Baek was not there. Their exams ended last week so maybe Baekhyun just visited their province after their exams. Yes… Yes. Baek visited their province. Chanyeol tried to convince himself. Or  maybe Baekhyun found out that he is the one Chanyeol fell in love with. And Baekhyun doesn’t reciprocate the feelings, that’s why he’s distancing himself from Yeol. In the middle of his thoughts, he got a phone call.

“Hello?” Chanyeol answered.

“Hello. Is this Chanyeol? I’m Baekhyun’s mom.” Chanyeol gulped.

“Y-yes it’s me.”

“Good grief. Baekhyun’s in the hospital right now.”

“What?! Oh no! Why?”

“Oh dear, it’s not that serious.” Baekhyun’s mother laughed. “Just some fever but everything’s alright. His fever died down.”

“Oh… Thank God then.”

“Baekhyun’s currently sleeping and he’s not allowed to use phones that’s why I’m the one you’re talking to.” Baek’s mom said, Chanyeol hummed. “He wants to tell you that good luck with the one you’re in love with. Confess as early as you can. Grab the opportunity. Don’t be like me who’s satisfied looking from a far. That’s it. There are more but Baek said, he’ll be the one to tell you.”

The call ended after that. Chanyeol quickly went to the hospital. Confess as early as you can? Okay. I’m on my way.

“Byun Baekhyun. What’s his room?” Chanyeol said once he entered the hospital’s lobby.

“365” Chanyeol dashed his way to the said room. Saying “excuse me” and “sorry” when he bumped on someone. Once in front of the room, Chanyeol groomed himself and knocked on the door. Baekhyun’s mother was shocked to see the tall man, but she let him enter the room and excused herself. Chanyeol thanked the lady.

Grab the opportunity? Okay then. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hands. And Baek stirred from his sleep. He slowly opened his fluttering eyes.

“Chanyeol? What are you doing here?” Baek muttered.

“I’m here to confess. You said confess as early as I can right?”

“Then why are you here? You should be with him.”

“I’m with him. You’re really dense, aren’t you?” Chan chuckled.

“W-what?”

“I love you.” Yeol said. Smiling.

“… What is matter, Yeol?” Baek asked, after a minute.

“Uhh… You sure are random.” Chanyeol said, squeezing Baek’s hand. But Baek just Smiled.

“Matter…. Matter occupies space, but my space… Is already occupied by someone who really matters.” Chanyeol said. Hoisting Baek’s hands and he pressed it to his beating heart.

“You’re getting cheesy. But, I love you too.” Baekhyun was overjoyed. Who would have thought right?

“I know. That’s great.” Chanyeol countered. Grinning like an idiot (Only for Baek though) and planting a kiss on Baek’s plump lips.

 

Science… is not that bad. After all, through science, he found his love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sorry for this! T^T