Kimhan's Mother

She's The Bridegroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6:    Kimhan’s Mother

Pie Mindara Manaying

White ceiling, plain wall and empty spaces; I had enough of the potions to make my death a complete tragic by now. Boredom was going to suffocate me at any time soon and I could have sworn that it drove me insane to be stuck in this house all alone. The dead silence made me restless. Trust me you could have heard a pin drop. I took a glance at the ticking clock. To my frustration, it was just ten in the morning. Why did I get up so early when I got a week off?

That was because you used to get up early in the morning to go to the school, idiot. Great, I was talking to my mind.

            “I can’t handle this,” I rose to my feet, walking myself to the kitchen. I didn’t even get changed from my last night pyjama. I got a week off, remember? It supposed to be the time where I could possibly spend my ‘honeymoon’ with my spouse yet I knew it wouldn’t happen. Kimhan Burnaphan was nowhere to be seen and know what? I didn’t even see her since last night. She disappeared just like a thin air, blown by the wind to nowhere I cared. I didn’t even realize at what time she has gone out. If it sounded like I cared about her, please note that you were wrong. I didn’t care at all. I was just frustrated with all that happened in my life.

I arrived at the kitchen just to be invited by the empty counter and clean surrounding. Great, I forgot that we didn’t have the maids here. Now I got to do all things by myself. Nobody was going to make me coffee and no one was going to prepare for my breakfast. Chill Pie, it was not that you have never done the house chores. You just needed more practices to live a normal life as a normal person.

            “Cereal would do,” I found the cereal box in the cabinet. Kimhan must have bought it yesterday. Other than that, I didn’t even care where it comes. I needed something to fill my starving stomach. My eating pattern has changed drastically ever since I moved in to my own house.

            “Milk, I need milk,” I found myself making my way to the fridge. That was the moment when I saw a sticky note attached to its metal body. It was a note from Kimhan.

            “Pie, I’ve gone somewhere to get a business done. I’ll come back before noon and please get changed as I wanted to take you somewhere. By the way, I borrowed your car. Thank you,” I read it out loud. I shrugged nonchalantly as I decided to ignore the reminder. Did she think I want to go with her to somewhere she wanted to take me to? No way. Wait, did she write that she borrow my car? The realization struck me hard. Before I knew it, I ran to the nearest window where I could possibly see the garage. My car wasn’t there.

            “KIMHAN BURNAPHAN!” I screamed to the top of my lungs. She took my car without my permission and she surely needed a lesson.

******

I stared at the door, waiting for Kimhan to come back. It was almost noon and she should be here at any time soon. I was mad and annoyed at the same time. She used my car and it was not the thing that I minded a lot. It was her daring attitude which bothered me that much. Her audacity would make the wall which I was trying to create between us seemed impossible. I didn’t mean to make Kimhan fear me but I wouldn’t risk myself of getting too friendly with her. She shouldn’t get too comfortable around me. I wouldn’t allow that.

Then, after somewhat it felt like eternity, I heard the sound of the door being unlocked from the outside. Kimhan stepped inside afterward, closing the door behind her cautiously. As what has I been anticipated, she was surprised to see me. The slight backward jump she made told me that. I held a deadpan expression, gazing at her with all seriousness even though it tickled me to see her reaction. She rubbed her face hastily when she managed to calm herself. I watched her expectantly as she made her way to my direction.

Kimhan opened , trying to speak to me but I cut her first, “I couldn’t recall if we had ever made an agreement, saying that my properties would be yours as well. Who in the house allowed you to use my car?” My voice came out stern and mean. Kimhan’s expression changed tremendously. She must have not expected me to treat her that way.

            “I’m sorry,” She run her fingers through her hair, looking conflicted. “I had an emergency,” She said. Her eyes met mine again. I didn’t think I see it wrong but I found sadness and pain in her gaze. It affected me. I almost believed it.

 “Excuses will be excuses,” I shook it off, rising to my feet and reached out my hand to her. It was meant that I wanted my car key back but to my surprise, Kimhan backed off.

            “I need to take you somewhere,” She said, gazing at me with a pleading look.

            “I don’t see why I need to follow you,” I motioned her to give my car key. Kimhan shook her head, being stubborn. She really got under my skin. One more push and I was ready to explode.

            “You have to.” Kimhan seemed desperate. “Please?” I was defeated. She sounded sincere and I sensed the pure truth behind it. What was she trying to do or prove to me? “I want you to meet someone,” She blurted. “You need to see her and she wished to see you,” Various thought began to invade my mind. Who was she referring to? That someone must be a special person to her. A mother maybe or the ‘she’ could be her girlfriend. It was acceptable if she ever wanted me to meet her parents but it was a big NO if I needed to see her girlfriend. What does it mean? I was about to meet her mistress?

            “I have nothing to do with your private life, Kimhan.” I spun on my heel, not wanting to engage in a serious conversation with her. I didn’t want to meet anyone who happened to be in her private life. I didn’t want to get involve with her at all.

            “Pie, please,” She stopped me by gripping to my wrist. She grabbed me hard and she realized it. Slowly, she loosened her grip on me when she noticed I didn’t bulge. “My mother really wishes to see you,” It was all I wanted to listen to. At least, I was going to meet someone who wouldn’t possibly attack me because I ‘stole’ Kimhan from her.

            “You should have told me earlier,” I removed her hand from my wrist. “I could tell that I wasn’t agree at first but then, I am a woman with manner and I should respect the woman who has given birth to you at any cost, (even though I didn’t like you),” I air quoted everything I have spoken to her. Kimhan didn’t seem to get affected that much by my saying. I saw an amusement smile crept to her face as she gazed at me.

            “Thank you,” She smiled which was way too wrong to my view. She shouldn’t be happy with that.

            “Hurry up before I changed my mind,” I rolled my eyes at her.

 

********

Kimhan glanced at me so often while we were in the car. Honestly she made me uncomfortable but I chose to ignore the stares. If it was her attempt to annoy me, congratulations she had successfully driven me up the wall. I have this temptation of punching her right in her face or kicked her out of the moving car. Too bad I wasn’t the driver. Kimhan got the control of the car for now. She was safe for that.

            “I have always thought that you’re conceited when you expressed to me that you’re the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen,” Kimhan began, directing my attention to her all of sudden. I was all prepared to listen to her insult. It wouldn’t be surprised if she wanted to make fun of me.

            “ C’mon spit it out,” I grew impatient.

            “You’re beautiful,” She said without missing a beat. “I must sound like I was trying to hit on you,” A hearty laughter escaped from . I wasn’t expecting her to say such thing to me. Now she made me wonder if she really meant it.

            “I am beyond gorgeous,” I was telling her the truth. I meant look at me. Many of the girls out there have always wished to have this kind of look. I might not be the definition of perfection but people have always defined me as the fairest woman of all. Shoulder length dark brown hair, smiling eyes which rarely seen in persons, soft round face and lovely smooth skin; I was the angel to everyone’s eyes. I was so conscious of myself? Nah, I wouldn’t mind.

“My mother is going to like you. She loves a person who is so full of herself,” She added with a shrug. I didn’t utter any response to her. I put myself between being care and not to care at all about it. I shouldn’t get involved with her private life and I regretted the fact that I’d agree to meet her mother. What was the point? To be introduced as Kimhan’s wife and pretended that nothing was wrong with it? We have gone against the natural and I still found it was unacceptable to be engaged in this kind of ‘relationship’. It disgusted me to the fact that I was married to a woman. What have I done in my previous life until I was brought to go through this cruel fate in the current time?

The car entered the hospital area which took my by surprised. Kimhan pulled up at the parking site and I was dumbfounded to finally aware that we were going to meet her mother here. She couldn’t be more serious. What were we doing at the hospital?

            “Are we going to get something here before we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter