Reunited

She's The Bridegroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: Reunited

Mindara Manaying

Kimhan was back to her daily routine as a farmer while I had a few days left before the one month leave was over. Ever since our return here, Kimhan was always occupied with her work. She would go out after the dawn and somehow she only come back in the evening. I never really had any idea of what she’s doing here and there but one thing that I’m certain of, she should be home by night.

My life was a little lonely while she was gone. Never had I imagined myself being a housewife or whatever you called it but I killed my time by doing the house chore. Done with that, I spent my time reading books or watching the movies I had downloaded. I even found my favourite spot of the house. It was one by the window where I could see the entire land ahead me. I enjoyed watching the enchanting scenery here; one which I could never have if I were at the city.

The afternoon was warm and the sun was streaking through the trees overhead previously. However now, the whole sky was engulfed by black swirling clouds and the wind increased in intensity. The trees bent precariously to one side as though they were going to fall over or get blown away like feathers. It reminded me of the night our accident. Somehow I was traumatized. My eyes searched through the lawn, trying to locate if Kimhan had return. To my frustration, there was no sign of her presence; just not yet. A heavy downpour was about to fall yet she was not even here.

The strong wind caused each and every window of the house to shut on its own. I needed to lock them before they bang here and there with loud noises. Out of nowhere, the doorbell rang repeatedly while I was busy sorting out the house before it turned into a mess. The continuous noise irritated me, knowing that Kimhan might forget to bring her own key.

“For God’s sake Kimhan, how old are you that you even forgot everything?” I yelled from a far, did not care whether she heard me or what. We made it clear that it was not my duty to welcome her home and what not. Every one of us had the key. You enter own your own and do not forget to lock it back.

I hastened my steps and reached out to the door knob. I did not snap it open yet I let it unlocked there. I waited for the figure to come in but to my annoyance, not even a shadow showed up seconds later.

“Don’t kid around Kimhan. It’s not funny!” I pulled the door wide open and to my surprise, it was not Kimhan who was standing at the door. My eyes fell on an unfamiliar figure of a woman. She had a slender body with pale skin. Half of her face was covered by her wet hair and I learned that she was actually drenched to her skin. Judging from the look, she might have walked in the rain before she arrived here. Some part of this region might have rained beforehand.

I had no idea of how long I have been staring at her but it freaked me out when I figured out that she was looking at me in a very strange way. She must have caught my suspicious glance at her. Chills ran down my spine and petrified me for a moment. How I wished I did not open the door earlier.

“H-how can I help you?” I stam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter