CHAPTER 9: You Love Me, No Buts

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung pretends not to notice, but Jackson has been really cold towards him. It has been really awkward for him as well, which is very new for them, they were never awkward with each other. Jinyoung pretends not to notice how Jackson would immediately leave the living room whenever he comes in. He pretends that he doesn’t notice how Jackson would flinch whenever they accidentally touch each other. It is frustrating for Jinyoung, back then when they were still in Busan, they did not mind sitting close to each other even if it was hot as hell.

 

“Jackson? Did I do something wrong?” after a week of their game, Jinyoung finally gets to corner Jackson in their room. Bambam is still out in school and Nichkhun is busy doing some paper works downstairs.

 

Jackson turns to him like he wants to say something, but he only stares at Jinyoung. The muscle in his arms are tense, he looks like he wants to pull away as soon as he can.

 

“Jackson. What did I do?” Jinyoung says out of desperation, sure he has been meeting nice people lately, but Jackson will always be his best friend. It is painful for Jinyoung that he doesn’t even get to tell Jackson about Jaebum.

 

“Nothing, don’t mind me.” Jackson then shakes off Jinyoung’s hold and walks towards his bed. He goes under the blanket, a clear sign that he doesn’t want to talk to the other boy.

 

“I don’t know what I did wrong, but I’m really really sorry.” Jinyoung quietly says before heading to his own bed, sniffling while wiping his tears. Jackson is being too hard, he isn’t like that; it frustrates him how much his friend suddenly changed.

 

Jackson turns his body towards Jinyoung, but the latter is facing the wall, his shoulders slightly shaking. He knew too well that it isn’t his friend's fault, but it is hard for him to see that up until now, up to these matters, he’s still sharing everything with Jinyoung. He is being stubborn, so he turns his back to Jinyoung instead of reaching to his best friend and apologize.

 

 

 

Jinyoung’s phone then lit up, there are three periods of the day Jaebum would text him. First, in the morning, he would always be the first one to greet Jinyoung a good morning. It started the morning after Jaebum sent him home and talked to him over the phone until evening. 

 

Second, during lunch, he would send him a quick message about what he’s eating and would open up some topics he thought Jinyoung would like to talk about. Lastly, during the night, sometimes he would send messages, but most of the times, he would call. He would tell Jinyoung about how his day was and he would ask the latter about his.

 

It has been seven days since that started, and the man decides to send him a message tonight. ‘How are you and Jackson?’ the message goes, he told him few days ago about their cold war. The other just told him to give him space and since they are best friends, Jackson will eventually come to him and tell him what really happened, since he doesn’t answer whenever he gets asked. Just give him some space, he said.

 

‘He told me that nothing was wrong and I shouldn’t mind him. : (’ Jinyoung replies to Jaebum’s message. Jaebum’s a good listener too, he’s the one talking seventy percent of their phone calls, but whenever Jinyoung says something, he would always listen attentively and give advice whenever needed.

 

‘Is that so? Maybe he isn’t ready to tell you yet. Just be patient and keep your faith.’ Jaebum replies quickly and then another message comes in. ‘Don’t be sad anymore. How about I take you out tomorrow somewhere? Where do you want to go?’ Jinyoung, though he is still crying over Jackson, he couldn’t help but smile at Jaebum’s messages. He has to momentarily close his eyes and place the phone on his chest before he could send a reply.

 

‘Okay, I’m fine with anywhere.’ Jinyoung concludes that Jaebum likes going out every weekend. It was Saturday when they accidentally saw each other.

 

‘How about you accompany me to the salon tomorrow?’

 

‘Okay. : )’

 

‘I’ll see you tomorrow, I’ll pick you up. Goodnight and sweet dreams, Jinyoungie. : )’

 

‘Goodnight, Jaebum hyung. : )’ Jinyoung looks stupid when he slept, part of him is crying and part of him is happy. He must be going crazy.

 

 

 

 

In the morning, Jinyoung tries initiating a conversation with Jackson again, but the latter is quick to exit their room. And when he hears a car being parked in front of their house, Jinyoung runs towards it, but instead of seeing Jaebum, it is Mark.

 

“Hey! Are you excited to see me?” Mark says as he gets off from his car and goes to hug Jinyoung.

 

If the latter is going to be honest, of course, he’d say no and he just thought the one coming was Jaebum. But Jinyoung knows better so he just agreed with Mark, joking about missing him for not seeing him for days. Little did they know, Jackson is peeking through their living room window.

 

“Hi, Jackson! I missed you!” Mark says sitting beside the sulking Jackson, but the latter did not even glance at him and only pretends to watch TV.

 

“Hey, Jackson. Are you mad at me?” he still did not receive any reply from the shorter guy. “I’m talking to you, Jackson.”

 

For a split second, Jackson turns to glare at him, but he immediately turns back to the TV. Jinyoung is watching from the door, trying to put the fragments together, to see what’s making Jackson so pissed off lately.

 

“You know what, I woke up early so I could see you, but it seems like you don’t want me here. I think I should go.” Mark says, his voice stern from anger. Mark spent all his days again wanting to visit Jackson, but when he finally sees him again, the latter doesn't even spare him a nice hello. He then turns around to leave, brows knitted and hands fisted.

 

“Sorry,” Jackson says, “I’m sorry, Mark hyung.” Mark turns back at him with a poorly concealed smile under his glare.

 

“Really?” the hyung says, walking back towards Jackson, “You are not mad at me anymore?” Jackson shook his head so Mark jumps towards the Jackson and sits on the latter’s lap as he hug him in the process.

 

Jinyoung finally realizes what was happening, Jackson is jealous over Mark. So when his friend glances over him, he quickly gave him as a smile and thumbs up but it got ignored. He looks like a fool smiling to no one with his thumbs sticking upwards.  He nods to himself and went back to their room.

 

Few minutes after that, his phone rang, it's Jaebum.

 

“Hello?” the other line says, “Jinyoungie?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter