CHAPTER 14: Come With Me?

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung stays again at the spot for hours after Jaebum left. Realizing how much their relationship is so similar with the beach. Jaebum leaves, but comes back soon after, but this time, it’ll probably be the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But when he comes back to the playground, he sees Jaebum's car with Aunt Yejin inside. He walks closer to it and sees Jaebum pushing the car. "Beauty suddenly died and won't start up." Jaebum says and Jinyoung turns to Aunt Yejin and there's a tiny smile on her face.

 

"I asked him to stay the night since it's already five in the afternoon, I don't want him to spend the night outside." She says without Jinyoung asking for an explanation. Jinyoung nods and goes back to the kids in the playground, asking them to go inside and get change before dinner.

 

"Is he really staying for the night?" Jaehyung whispers at Jinyoung as the latter picks him from the swing. "I guess so." Jinyoung replies and didn't miss the pout on the kid's face.  He goes back into the house without sparing Jaebum a glance. There's no need for them to act all friendly, Jaebum will leave tomorrow anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A little moment later, Jaebum comes into the house as well, helping Yejin to call the other kids. Jinyoung keeps watching him at the side of his eyes as he hides his smile. The kids' expression after seeing Jaebum's face is priceless. There's even one of the youngest one, Wonpil, who runs towards him with a tormented face after Jaebum called him. Jinyoung picks the kid up who immediately clutches at him.

 

"What's wrong Pirimiri-yah?" Jinyoung asks, rubbing the kid's back as he watches Jaebum's surprised face. "Who is that scary ahjusshi, hyungie?" Wonpil asks pulling away slightly, looking at Jinyoug's eyes. Jinyoung laughs at how Wonpil called Jaebum ahjusshi when he's just a few months older than him but he gets to be called hyung.

 

"He's not an ahjusshi, he's Jaebum hyung." Jinyoung says and hears Aunt Yejin laughs at the corner. "Okay now, wash up, kids and be ready by dinner." The kids along with the reluctant Jaehyung went towards the bathroom. Jinyoung proceeds to the kitchen and hears Aunt Yejin speak to him. "Jinyoung, Jaebum will stay in your room, is that okay?"

 

It's not as if Jinyoung's got a choice so he turns to her and nods, ignoring the smiling Jaebum. After their dinner, the kids were asked to brush their teeth, but Jaehyun stayed back with Jinyoung's side. "Where is he gonna sleep?" he whispers at Jinyoung's ear, careful not to call Aunt Yejin's attention.

 

"In my room?" Jinyoung replies, taking the plates from the dining table. "In yours? Where are you gonna sleep?" Jaehyung says, following him. "In my room?" hearing Jinyoung's reply, Jaehyung suddenly clutches at the older's pants. "No! You can sleep in my room! He's gonna make you cry again!"

 

Jinyoung turns to Jaebum who, of course, heard what the kid said. "Jaehyung, go and brush your teeth." Jinyoung says as he leans down to his level, Jaehyung tries resisting but gives up seeing the older's look. "Okay." Jaehyung reluctantly says as he walks towards the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This used to be our room, right?" Jaebum says as he gets in Jinyoung's room. "Yeah." Jinyoung answers because what else can he say? ‘Yes, it used to be our room and now you're here again and then you'll leave again tomorrow. You're gonna leave me again.’ "But where am I gonna sleep?"

 

Jinyoung then realizes that, yeah, there's only one bed and he turns to Jaebum, who is becoming redder and redder. "Uh. I guess we're going to share the bed." Jinyoung says, turning back to the bed. "Are you okay with that?" Jaebum asks filled with uncertainty in his voice. "I guess, it's not like you're going to stay anyway."

 

Jinyoung didn't mean to come off hurt, but he did and Jaebum felt that too. Taken aback with what he heard, Jaebum wants to stay quiet, but he has to borrow some clothes he could sleep in. “Um, can you lend me a shirt?” Jinyoung goes to the cabinet, “I left almost all of my clothes in Seoul, the ones here are a little small.” He says as he hands Jaebum the largest one he found. Jaebum takes the bright pink shirt with a huge flower drawn on the middle.

 

He looks at Jinyoung who is already looking at him, but he knows he doesn’t have any choice. He strips off his shirt and sees Jinyoung turn beet red, turning away from him. Jaebum coughs after a good minute of awkward silence, after successfully wearing the a-little-too-tight bright pink shirt. "So which side are you taking?" he asks as Jinyoung dusts off the bed covers. "I want to lie beside the wall." Jaebum waits until Jinyoung lies down first and he got hurt when he lied so close to the wall.

 

"You don't have to lie so far away from me, I'm not gonna do anything to you." Jaebum says, placing his phone at the nightstand on the bedside. Jinyoung didn't reply to him, instead, he lies on his side, facing the wall. Jaebum lies down too, and watches Jinyoung, he watches his unmoving back, and he watches him until he hears his even breathing.

 

Jaebum wants to reach Jinyoung and pull him close, hug him, and sleep to the tune of his heartbeat. Jaebum wants to lie close to him and whisper sweet nothings to his ears as they fall asleep. Jaebum wants to hold his hand in an attempt to dream together. ing hell, Jaebum just wants Jinyoung to look at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum falls asleep lying on his side too, facing Jinyoung's back. His hand on the middle of the bed, resting there trying to reach Jinyoung, but too afraid to do so.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There's a warm hand holding his own, as they walk on the beach. Jaebum wonders why he doesn't have any memories of waking up and Jinyoung's smile makes him forget it too. He walks closer to him; he reaches his other hand to cup his face. There's something that Jaebum has been trying to tell Jinyoung, but he couldn't open his lips, he couldn’t move it.

 

And then Jinyoung's face starts contorting and his smile is suddenly gone; replaced by a frown. He holds Jaebum's hand tighter and his tears making their way to his chin. Jaebum wants to wipe it away and hug him, but he couldn't move on his own will. Instead, he pulls his hand away and feels Jinyoung's hold tighten.

 

Jinyoung keeps on crying and Jaebum is so puzzled with what's happening. "Don't leave me. Don't go." Jinyoung whispers to him and he wants to say that he's not leaving. "Don't leave me, please?" Jinyoung's shouting by now and his hold on Jaebum's hand is tighter than before.

 

"Don't go!" Jaebum hears him shout so loud it pulls him back to reality. He opens his eyes and sees darkness, he was just dreaming, but Jinyoung's hand is still holding his. Jaebum stares at it and feels something weird, Jinyoung is shaking and he keeps on saying 'don't go.' Jaebum pulls his hand and reaches to pull Jinyoung closer to him.

 

Jinyoung's having a nightmare and his face is so wet from sweats and tears. Jaebum reaches to his face, wiping his tears, "Jinyoung, wake up. I'm here." He does it few more times until Jinyoung opens his eyes, clouded in fear. "Hey, you're having a nightmare." He says, brushing Jinyoung's wet fringes as he stares at his eyes.

 

"Don't go." Jinyoung says, his hands find its way to Jaebum's shirt, clutching at it so hard. "Don't go." he says again as he sheds more tears. Jaebum wipes it again and pulls him for a hug, "I'm not leaving." he tells him as he rubs his back. "I’m here, now stop crying." Jaebum feels Jinyoung nod under his chin, he also feels him pulling him closer, draping his arm around his torso.

 

Jinyoung immediately falls back asleep, but Jaebum didn't. He's wide awake, brushing Jinyoung's hair, thinking. He's thinking about how Jinyoung managed to sleep all those nights after he went away. He couldn't imagine Jinyoung waking up in the middle of the night, crying himself back to sleep.

 

It was too painful for him to imagine, so he pulls Jinyoung closer to him as he tries to fall back into slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jinyoung wakes up, he's alone at the bed. But there is a blanket draped over him, which he doesn't remember sleeping with. The side of the bed where Jaebum slept is no longer warm, so Jinyoung stays longer and stares at the ceiling. After so long, he had a nightmare again, it has been a while actually.

 

Last night, Jaebum hugs him to sleep like he used to do when they were younger. Though having nightmares are never okay, having Jaebum by his side whenever it happens makes everything so much better. He pulls the blanket up to his nose and smiles at the memory of Jaebum hugging him so close last night.

 

Just like the waves to the shore, before he goes away, he leaves something to Jinyoung. The waves leave the shore wet and Jaebum leaves him crying too. Jinyoung sits on the bed and hugs the pillow Jaebum used.  He also keeps on leaving little pieces of him to Jinyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung goes out of the room almost an hour later, feeling a little heavy. He goes to the kitchen and helps the caretakers to prepare their breakfast. An hour later all the kids are already on the table, fresh from the bath, ready for breakfast. Some of them are going to school and the younger ones are just staying in.

 

They were already eating when Jaehyung suddenly speaks, "You're still here?" Jiyoung turns to where Jaehyung is looking and sees Jaebum. "Jaehyung!" Aunt Yejin says as she appears behind him. "He'll be staying here for a while until the repairman at the centre gets his car fixed."

 

Jaehyung visibly saddens at Aunt Yejin's decision as he continues eating his breakfast. Jinyoung tries his best to hide the lingering smile on his face; he didn’t leave after all, at least not yet. Jaebum leaves the dining area and heads to Jinyoung's room, hiding his little smile too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It surprised Jinyoung when he sees Sungjin and Younghyun started hanging out with Jaebum. It only took Jaebum a day to win the kid's hearts. They were scared when they first saw him, but now they seem to be comfortable with him. Both of the kid's heads are resting on Jaebum's chest, as the latter shows the kids something on his phone. A little later, he also sees Wonpil making his way on Jaebum's lap.

 

"Look at him, stealing Sungjinnie, Yonghyunnie, and Wonpilie from me!" Jaehyung says from the swing beside Jinyoung. The latter laughs a little because he knows the kid's also a little curious to why his friends seem to like Jaebum. But he's too stubborn to approach him.

 

Jinyoung leaves him after Aunt Yejin called him for help. Today's their laundry day, then Jaehyung sees Jaebum leaves his friends. He left his phone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter