CHAPTER 11: Tell Him That You Love Him

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: This is Aunt Yejin

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung arrives at Busan past ten in the evening and it sends him great waves euphoria and nostalgia, finally being back again. He got lucky he was able to catch the last trip to Busan; he doesn't have anything with him except his wallet and phone. He still has to walk a good mile to reach the orphanage, he has time to dry his tears so he wouldn’t look like he has been crying from Seoul to Busan.

 

"Jinyoung?" says the woman wearing a gray pullover and denim jumpsuit, her bangs tied on top of her head. Jinyoung could tell she has just finished washing up, "Aunt Yejin." he says, walking towards the petite woman. Albeit shock with the sudden appearance of the young man, she still opens her arms and welcomes Jinyoung in her warmth. "Why are you here?" she asks, rubbing his back in circles.

 

"Aunt Yejin." Jinyoung says with his voice shaking, "What happened, Jinyoungie? Why are you crying?" she asks as she pulls her head away to see the young man's face. "I don't know what I did, but I messed up. Jackson’s mad at me and–" he replies, "Jackson keeps on ignoring me and he won't tell me what was wrong." she listens to him as she rubs her thumb on his cheeks.

 

"And he also came back home one time, drunk and wasted; he told me that I don't know how much he hates me right that moment." he says hiccupping in the process, "How am I supposed to know when he doesn't even want to tell me what I did." he whines at her, his tears streaming down on his cheeks, her thumbs can't catch everything.

 

"And then before I went here, I told him the f-word." he says carefully, he knows Aunt Yejin will get mad at him, but he has to be honest with her, "I'm sorry." Yejin only laughs at him. "You guys are all grown up now." She says, looking straight to his eyes, as if she’s looking at the seven-year-old Jinyoung. "Back then, you two used to fight a lot too, but you make up easily." Jinyoung nods, that's right, hugging out each other fixes everything back then.

 

"I will talk to him, so stop crying now." she says again, but she knows Jinyoung too well, there's something else occupying the young man's head. "Auntie," He says, pulling her to sit on the couch on the living room. "Auntie," he says again, taking her hand in his, "Do you remember Im Jaebum?" he asks and she gives her an unreadable expression.

 

"I didn't know you knew his name," she says with a faint smile, "Do you remember how much you used to cry when he left?" she asks whilst laughing. "Auntie~" he whines at her remembering how looked so pathetic back then, he remembers her wiping his snot as she picks him up from the ground. "I'm sorry," she says, touching Jinyoung's cheek with her gentle hand, "what's up with him?"

 

Jinyoung breathes in hard; This is not the first time he's going to talk about Jaebum ever since he saw him again. "I met him again at Seoul, few days after we arrived there." he says. "We got closer and we became friends," she notices the loving smile on Jinyoung's face and she can't help but adore it. She knew Jinyoung had always been fond at Jaebum; she never failed to notice how the younger would always try his best to get his hyung's attention. "We even go out every once in a while," he says then the smile's gone and there's pain in his eyes, "but he doesn't remember me." Yejin squeezes Jinyoung's hand, urging the boy to explain further.

 

"He knows me as the Jinyoung who works for Nichkhun hyung with landscaping." he says, the corner of his lips falling down. "Not the Jinyoung he met back here in Busan. Not the Jinyoung he was with here in this orphanage." She disentangles her hand from his and cups Jinyoung's face with it. "Is there a particular reason why you're not telling him?" she asks gently, searching the answers in Jinyoung's eyes.

 

"I tried, but I don't think it'll matter anymore. I don't even think he remembers me, I mean that kid he used to put back to sleep who wakes up in the middle of the night because of his nightmares." he says bitterly, she then pulls him back in her arms. “He has already forgotten me, Auntie. Isn’t it unfair, I no longer exist even in his memory while he,” he hugs her tighter, “I carry his memory around with me.” "Jinyoungie?" she says, brushing his hair, Jinyoung hums in reply, "It may not be okay right now, but it will be." he nods, closing his eyes, "Everything will fall into place, don't worry."

 

 

 

 

 

For a second Jinyoung thought he's lost, after blinking he realizes that he's not and he's just inside the room he used to sleep in as a kid. Aunt Yejin made him a dinner last night while listening to his stories about the good times before he and Jackson fought. He told her about Nichkhun's garden and glasshouses, about Bambam, and about Jiyong and Seunghyun.

 

"I'm so glad, they were able to take care of Jaebum well." she said after hearing that Jaebum was able to finish college abroad with flying colors. Jinyoung couldn't help but take note of how Aunt Yejin seemed to be so proud of what Jaebum has become. His Aunt Yejin is wonderful like that, she spends her life with people she’s not related with and takes care of them like they are her own kids.

 

His eyes wander around the room, he slept there for almost all his life and he feels nostalgic at it. It's also the room he used to share with Jaebum back when they were still kids; he smiles at the bittersweet memory. He wonders again, how would things have been if Jaebum did not go? Then he hears his alarm from his phone, just as he presses stop on the screen, he saw that he has seven missed calls and ten unread messages from Jackson. All asking where he is and that Nickhun and Bambam were worried. He sends him a reply, 'I'm okay, don't worry about me.'

 

 

 

What surprises him more was the number of missed calls and messages from Jaebum. The older tried calling him for more than twenty times over the night and the last call was around three in the morning. The messages were also filled with apologies and begging him to pick up the phone. Before he could send him the same message he sent Jackson, his phone rang.

 

"Jinyoung? I'm so sorry!" Jaebum says first thing the moment Jinyoung picks the call. Jinyoung keeps quiet, not knowing how to reply or what to say. "Jinyoung, I'm so sorry for snapping at you last night. That was so wrong of me; I should not have done that. Of course, what if it was an emergency, I know you were just-"

 

"It's okay," Jinyoung cuts him, "I mean, it's not, but don't worry about it anymore." he says in a calming voice. "Are you still mad at me? Please, Jinyoung, please forgive me-" Jaebum says anxiously. "No, I'm not mad at you, not anymore. Don't worry." One of the things Aunt Yejin had taught him over the years is that he should be more understanding and more forgiving to others. "Promise?" Jaebum asks.

 

Jinyoung giggles through the phone; of course, he can never stay mad at Jaebum for too long. He isn't even mad at him in the first place; he was just surprised and a little sad. "I promise." he replies, shifting to face the side of the room where Jaebum's bed used to be. "I'm really really really sorry, Jinyoung." He says again, but unlike earlier, his voice is much lighter and his tone is happier.

 

"How about I take you out later?" Jaebum says, "I mean, as an apology for what I did." then he releases a nervous laugh. Jaebum doesn't know how Jinyoung would react if he really asks him out on a date. "I would love to," Jinyoung replies, imagining little Jaebum sitting on the floor in front of him. "But I'm in-" Jinyoung battles himself for a while, thinking if he should say he's in Busan or not. "But I'm somewhere far away right now." he says cautiously.

 

"Far away? You're unfair; you should have brought me with you." Jaebum says in a fake sulking voice and he laughs at his imitation, finding it silly. "When are you coming back?" he asks. Jinyoung honestly doesn't know when, but he will, not just sooner. "I don't know, I'll tell you when I'm back there." he says, particularly avoiding saying Seoul.

 

"Okay." Jaebum replies disappointedly, "Just don't be gone for too long. Don't make me miss you too much." he says with a yearning voice, "And I still want to take you out on a date." then he coughs, "I mean as an apology.” "Okay." Jinyoung giggles, albeit unwilling, Jaebum ends the call saying that he still needs to take a bath and he's already late for work. He ends the call with a promise to call Jinyoung again when he gets home later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are you going, Mark?" Mark's father asks as soon as he sees his son walking towards his car still dressed in Pajamas. "Hey!" he speaks again; Mark isn't paying him any attention so he walked closer to his son and grabbing his arm. "Mark, what's wrong?" Mark never thought he'd break down in front of his father, in front of the man he hates the most, but he did.

 

"Hey," his father says, pulling Mark to his side, "Dad, I'm not okay." Mark says, his father thought he doesn't have to say that for him to know that he isn't okay. He could tell just by looking at his face, the dark circles around his eyes are darker than the usual. "Dad, I am not okay." Mark says again, crashing down in front of his father.

 

"I know," his father replies, "That's why I'm asking you what's wrong." Mark doesn't want to believe the gentleness he hears in his father's tone. "Dad, I know you hate me-" "I don't hate you, you're my son." his father cuts him off which makes him look at his eyes. There's sincerity too, he starts to wonder, was he just too blinded by his anger that he never noticed those?

 

"Jackson hates me, dad." he tells him, gripping his father's arms, "Jackson hates me, but he makes me happy." he cries as he speaks, "When I'm with him, I don't even think of how much you hate me. I'm happy when I'm with him and I don't need anything if I have him, but he hates me." his father pulls him to stand properly and he stares at his eyes, "I don't hate you, Mark."

 

"I never heard about that Jackson guy, but if he really makes you this happy, go and tell him." his father says, "What am I going to tell him?" Mark asks, puzzled about what his dad is saying. "Tell him," he says then he gingerly dabs his index finger on Mark's chest, above his heart, "that you love him." Mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter