Chapter 3: Beauty and Therapy

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung’s love for plants and flowers started even before he was sent to the orphanage, or rather, slightly before. It was when he was still in the hospital after the accident; his nurse would bring him to the hospital garden from time to time.

 

It became some sort of a therapy for him, he doesn’t know whether it was just because the nurse told him that he would heal quickly because she said so or the plants can really heal people. Up until now, he still takes the latter as an answer.

 

The next day, he wakes up early to check Nichkhun’s garden. He must admit that he is very surprised to see such arrangements. Back in the orphanage, they have a huge garden with a lot of plants and flowers, but Nichkun’s tops it. He has two huge glasshouses apart from the main garden. There are a lot of different flowers and plants, varying from different sizes and colors.

 

He takes his time to go around the garden, pulling out dried leaves here and there. He has lost track of time and succumb to his own world.

 

“Good morning, red rosie! My name is Jinyoung and I’ll be taking care of you guys starting today! Please be nice to me and let’s get along well!” he says in a hushed and calm voice with a little water spray in his hand.

 

“I believe, the flowers are more than happy to be with you. Good morning Jinyoung!” he is surprised to see Nichkhun suddenly beside him, he almost dropped the spray.

 

“Good morning Nichkhun-sshi!” the young boy greets whilst giving the older man a smile and a full ninety-degree bow.

 

“Oh, Jinyoung-ah! No need for extreme formalities! Nichkhun hyung would be fine.” Nichkhun says, ruffling the young boy’s hair.

 

“You know what, I’m just so glad to find someone who loves these babies as much as I do.” The older man says taking the spray from Jinyoung’s hand and does the mild watering himself.

 

“Hyung, thank you very much.” Somehow, even without saying what for, Jinyoung knows the older man already understands what he is trying to say. Nichkhun nods at him and Jinyoung makes a mental note to thank Aunt Yejin for the millionth time.

 

 

 

 

 

“Tomorrow’s the start of your work, for today, you guys can just go around the area and familiarize yourself.” Nichkhun says, sipping his coffee. Jinyoung’s sitting in front him, munching the French toast Bambam prepared earlier. Jackson is doing the same, sitting beside him and Bambam’s across them.

 

“Yejin told me that you two are the best in your batch, so I trust you guys on this.” The oldest man in the dining table says with a sly smile on his face.

 

“She told you that!? Oh my gosh!” with a hand overly clutching his chest, Jackson jokes. It earned him a very surprised look from Nichkhun.

 

“So, you can talk, huh.” He quips to Jackson to which the latter couldn’t help but laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After their breakfast, the two new kids in the house goes to the garden and do what Nichkhun had told them earlier. Compared to Jinyoung’s love for plants, Jackson’s story is a bit different.

 

Jackson came into the orphanage a year after Jinyoung’s dream knight left. He was small and always looked frightened. He was brought there by the caretaker from an orphanage from Jeju.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter