CHAPTER 2: That Fourteen Year Old Photo

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The first person Jaebum sees when he enters the door is his best friend slash baby brother slash butler, Yugyeom. The boy grew a lot; it is a shock for the older boy to see that he had already outgrown him. He still has the same facial expression and the same sheepish smile, though.

 

“Yugyeomieee!” Jaebum says as he hugs the boy tightly, making up for the four years he never got the chance to do it. The younger gladly returns the hug. It might have been because he was tired, but Jaebum thinks he hears Yugyeom whisper a soft ‘sorry’.

 

“Sorry? What?” breaking off from the hug slightly, Jaebum looks at the younger’s eyes.

 

“Hmm? Nothing.” Yugyeom gives him a small smile before hugging the older one again. In the end, Jaebum thinks that he is just probably tired that’s why he was hearing things. He let it pass and gave in to the hug.

 

“Awww! Look at you two, all grown up and tall, but still as cute as ever!” Jiyong squeals while Seunghyun’s arm is draped perfectly fine on his shoulder, sharing the same sentiment.

 

The two younger boys race to the couple and hug them. He had to make up for the lost and missed hugs from these people, Jaebum thinks as he hugs them more.

 

 

Yugyeom is the only son of Jiyong’s butler. When the kid was born, Jaebum immediately doted on him. Jaebum treated him like his own baby brother; he gave him his old and unused toys and clothes. And because of the boy’s irresistible cuteness, it was not a shock for the couple to love the kid as well. Yugeyom's parents passed away through a tragic incident when he was five; they took him in and treated him like their own son. Up until now, the boy is still paying for the kindness and love he has been receiving from the lovely family.

 

 

 

By dinner time, Jiyong and Seunghyun are already sitting on the dining area, waiting for Jaebum since Yugyeom is just in the kitchen, helping out the cook. Few minutes after he arrived, Jaebum went to his room to rest and promised to tell his tales at dinner. Now clad in his old PJs knitted by his mum, who seem to enjoy the little fan service his son is doing, he goes to sit in front of him and calls Yugyeom to sit beside him. Just like always.

 

“Before anything else, I would like to say that I’m very happy you, my son, are finally back!” Jiyong says, beaming with joy and excitement, something has never changed. Seunghyun’s hand automatically holds Jiyong’s, giving it an understanding squeeze.

 

“Me too! I think, Yugyeom too! Now tell us how you’ve been, young man!” Urging his son to speak, Seunghyun nudges Jaebum slightly and in a teasing manner.

 

“Yes, hyung! The ones you told me by the phone aren’t enough!” Yugyeom quips, placing dishes on Jaebum’s plate.

 

And so he tells them his silly stories, he tells them about how he went into the wrong dorm room during one of his hell weeks to sleep, but no one even realized. He tells them about how much he appreciated architecture more now that he is finally a degree holder of it. At first, Jiyong and Seunghyun were worried that Jaebum’s only taking architecture because of their company; they were worried that Jaebum is sacrificing his own happiness for them. But in the end, they are glad that Jaebum truly loves architecture.

 

“Waaah, hyung! You’re really cool!” Jaebum has known long ago that Yugyeom thinks of him as a role model. He told him once, that he truly admires his hyung and their parents come in next as his role models.

 

“Aigoo! I’m not that cool!” Jaebum said, earning a snicker from everyone.

 

“What about you? What are you planning to study in college?” he continues as he places a reassuring arm over the younger’s shoulder.

 

“Speaking of which, I’m sorry Yugyeomiee, but I saw your drawings at your room. You are magnificent, I must say, would you consider taking up Interior Designing?” Jiyong asks.

 

“Uhh, Jiyongie-samchon…” the young boy shyly looks down on his food and places his hands on his lap. He's trying to make himself look small, which is impossible because the kid’s like six feet.

 

“Did you really see my drawings… It was just a hobby. I can always choose a lesser expensive program…” to this, Jiyong exaggeratedly inhales, placing his hand on his chest.

 

“Yugyeom-ah! Do we make you feel like you are not our own baby?” Jaebum thinks that his mum is just teasing Yugyeom, but by the looks of it, he seems to be really hurt about how the younger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter