CHAPTER 10: Yours, Only Yours

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung would be lying if he says he doesn't enjoy his date-but-not-so-date with Jaebum. Despite feeling a little bad at how the older never fails to mention Youngjae about everything he wants to do, Jinyoung still enjoys the other's company.  Jaebum is driving him back home to Nichkhun’s house, it’s already eight in the evening and Jinyoung’s feels a little cold. “Hey, are you okay?” Jaebum asks him as he glances at the younger through the side mirror.

 

Jinyoung nods his head, but he realizes that Jaebum would probably miss it so he says a loud “Yes.” He expects Jaebum to just brush it off and continue driving, but the older pulls off beside the road. He takes his jacket off and gingerly placed it on Jinyoung's shoulder. "You're cold, I can feel you shaking." Jaebum says.

 

Jinyoung feels himself blushing under the helmet, "You can hug me tighter; it'll be warmer if you do it." Jaebum then takes Jinyoung's hands inside his and breathes onto them as he rubs it gently. "Do you feel better now?" he asks.

 

No is the answer, Jinyoung doesn't feel any better, but he nods anyway. Jaebum then brings the motorcycle back to the road, at least not before Jinyoung hugs him back again. The latter can't help but wonder about how things would have been if Jaebum did not leave the orphanage. Would Jaebum fall for him instead?

 

It's past nine when they arrive; Jinyoung can hear Bambam and Jackson's voice from the living room. "Goodnight, Jiyoung!" Jaebum says whilst taking the helmet off from the younger. "I hope you had fun with me." he snickers as Jinyoung nods. "I did, goodnight Jaebum hyung. Thank you." Jaebum then pulls him and envelopes him in his arms briefly.

 

"Rest well, okay?" he says as he rubs Jinyoung's back, "now go inside and keep yourself warm." he says before pushing Jinyoung off him, motioning him to run towards the house.

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung greets everyone as soon as he got inside; Bambam immediately replies back and Nichkhun nods at him. Jackson, like how he was earlier, ignores him again. Nichkhun and Bambam notice the awkward atmosphere between the best friends, but before any of them could raise a question, Jinyoung leaves for their room.

 

 

 

 

 

When morning came, Bambam is still sleeping, but Jackson is no longer on his bed. Jinyoung goes to the kitchen and sees Jackson drinking his coffee; back in Busan, Jackson makes Jinyoung a coffee if he wakes up earlier than the other. But there, on the table, is only a single cup, soon enough Jackson noticed his presence.

 

"Jackson, when are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" Jinyoung asks as he walks closer to Jackson, standing on the opposite side of the table. Jackson turns at him and Jinyoung can see at the corner of his eyes that his friend is gripping the cup way too tightly. "What's the point? You’re not going to understand it anyway." he replies spitefully.

 

"Then make me." Jinyoung says calmly, "Please?" he speaks again, and then they both hear Bambam's sleepy voice approaching them. Jinyoung turns back and sees Bambam rubbing his eyes and when he turns back to Jackson, the latter is already on his way out to the garden. Jinyoung sighs loudly and goes to the other side of the house, "Why is everyone leaving me?" Bambam says, glancing towards Jackson and Jinyoung's direction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung is at the garden, checking on the shrubs they are going to transfer to Mr. and Mrs. Kim's garden. He's humming to himself as he trims down the leaves, Jackson is still ignoring him and Nichkhun had already talked to them about it. He asked them to fix whatever happened to them because it affects their work, but also because the oldest misses how the two plays around the house. It has gotten so much quieter ever since that thing between them happened.

 

"Jinyoung?" the guy turns his head quickly and saw Mark walking towards him, "Where’s Jackson?" Jinyoung's curious about why Mark is there, it's only Wednesday and what more, it's three in the afternoon. "Isn't he inside the house?" he replies as he stands up from the fallen leaves, wiping his sweat off by his sleeves.

 

Mark sharply takes a breath and creases his forehead, "Is there something wrong?" Jinyoung asks, "Jackson." came in Mark's reply and with the way he said it, Jinyoung knows something is really not right with his friend. "He has been ignoring my texts ever since Monday, I tried calling him, but he doesn't pick up." he takes another deep breath and looks at Jinyoung. "I don't understand him, we were fine, and now he's like this."

 

Jinyoung takes his gloves off and reaches his hand to pat Mark's shoulder, he doesn't know what to say, but he understands how the older feels. It surprises Jinyoung when Mark covers his face with his hands and starts crying. Jinyoung then turns to his right and sees Jackson watching them with a spiteful look on his face.

 

"Mark hyung, he's there." Jinyoung says quietly and before Mark can turn to where Jackson is, the latter has already turned his back and walked off. "Jackson!" Mark shouts, running after Jackson. Jinyoung hopes and prays everything will be okay when they come back.

 

 

 

 

 

"Jackson! What's wrong with you!?" Mark grabs Jackson's arm and pulls him to stop. "What's wrong with me?" Jackson says, mocking Mark's voice, "You are what's wrong with me." Mark's face rumples with a dejected expression. "What?" he replies softly, disbelieving what he had just heard.

 

"I was fine before you came into my life!" Jackson shouts, his face getting red from anger. "But when you came," he says, inching closer to Mark, who is trying his best to prevent his unshed tears from falling. "You messed it all up." And before Mark could ask why or retaliate, Jackson runs off away from him again.

 

"I don't understand you, Jackson." Mark whispers to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, how are you and Jackson?" Jaebum says over the phone, Jinyoung had just finished washing up. He glances onto the clock above their bedroom door, it's already nine and Jackson isn't home yet. "He's still ignoring me and Mark came here earlier. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's being ignored." he replies and he could hear honks from the other line.

 

Jaebum hums in reply, "Jackson isn't home yet, when he saw us talking earlier, he ran away and Mark followed him." Jinyoung says, tucking himself under his bed covers. Bambam's downstairs with Nickhun, getting his English tutorial. "How about you, how are you?" Jaebum says, Jinyoung can feel the tiredness coming from his voice.

 

"I'm fine Jaebum hyung, how about you? You sound so tired." Jaebum sighs on the other line, "I am," he snickers and yawned. "Aren't you driving?" Jinyoung asks worriedly, "Yes, I am. Why?" Jaebum replies nonchalantly. "Be careful driving, hyung. Don't fall asleep." he hears Jaebum laughs, "then keep me up and don't hang up."

 

No one can see Jinyoung right now and he likes that because he's blushing really hard. "I won't." Jinyoung replies and the older proceeds on telling Jinyoung about how London and Europe look like. The night before, Jinyoung tells Jaebum that he's curious about living in a foreign country. "It's sad at first and then I eventually got used to it." Jaebum says and Jinyoung is tempted to say that it’s sad, getting used being sad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's past ten when Jackson comes home, reeking of alcohol. "Are you drunk?" Jinyoung says as he helps Jackson walk up to their room. "None of your business." Jackson replies ster

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter