CHAPTER 15: It's You, It's True

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The wind gets colder as Jaebum drives towards the city. He can hear the soft sound of his car's engine in sync with the song on the radio. He glances at the passenger seat and sees Jinyoung smiling through the open window. His hair dancing along with the wind and his eyes glinting with the sunlight.

 

'You're so beautiful.' Jaebum thinks and Jinyoung turns to him, “You think so?" That's when Jaebum realizes that he said it out loud. He nods at him and takes Jinyoung's hand with his. "Very beautiful." He says and Jinyoung looks back at the window; Jaebum can see his smile through the side mirror.

 

"Thank you for coming with me." Jaebum says focusing back on the road, focusing on Jinyoung's hand. "I would have followed you even if you didn't stop the car." Jinyoung replies, turning back to him. "Thought I would not let what happened back then to happen again." Jaebum thought of that too, the moment he saw Jinyoung through his side mirror. He knew he wasn’t gonna allow it again.

 

"And I thought, if you were to finally leave me, to finally leave my life, I thought I had to let you know." He turns his whole body to face Jaebum. "I had to let you know that I love you." he stares at their tangled hands and smiles to it. Jaebum looks at him, smiling fondly at Jinyoung's confession. "Even if I may be fifteen years late."

 

"Who says it's late?" Jaebum asks, glancing back and forth from Jinyoung to the road. "You're not. I think it's just right." Jinyoung laughs; Jaebum tells himself that hearing that, for the rest of his life, would be the best thing in the world. "I love you too." He says tightening his hold on Jinyoung's hand.

 

“Did you know, I cried when we left the orphanage back then?” Jinyoung looks at Jaebum’s eyes, smiling a little. “I was crying at the backseat, looking back at you running after the car. You had snot running down onto your lips, you even fell few times. I was watching you as I cry to myself too. I wanted to tell Paps to stop the car so I could say goodbye to you, but every word I try to say doesn’t come out. I was crying so hard Mum had to pull me to sit on his lap and hug me.” Jaebum says, smiling at the bitter memory, but also because this time, Jinyoung caught up with him. He still didn’t get to say goodbye, but it’s not like it’s needed anymore. Jinyoung’s here beside him, holding his hand, smiling sweetly, why should he say goodbye?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aunt Yejin sees everything, from Jaebum hastily walking from the shore to his car. She also sees Jinyoung following him, face contorted and tears flowing out of his eyes. And then everything she witnessed takes her back more than a decade ago. She sees the familiar scene where Jinyoung runs after the same car and it hurts her to see the same scene twice.

 

She walks towards the driveway, she's ready to run after Jinyoung and pick him up the same way she did back then. And as she's about to step forward, Jaebum's car stopped and the man runs back to Jinyoung. 'Finally' she says, watching everything to finally fall back into place.

 

Then the two boys turn back to her, "Auntie!" Jaebum says, his arm securely holding Jinyoung's waist. "I'm gonna take him back with me." She smiles her tears away as she nods at them. "We will visit soon, please tell the kids." Jinyoung says waving at her. She thought when Jaebum lets Jinyoung go, they will enter the car, but the two come running back to her.

 

"Thank you." Jaebum and Jinyoung say in unison, making Yejin smile. "I'm gonna miss you two. Take care of each other. Okay?" She says, touching the boys' face. They nod at her, "Now go, so you can get there before dinner." the she pushes the two away from her, urging them to go back to the car.

 

Then she stays at her spot and watches the same car leave the orphanage. "They grew up so well." She tells herself and then goes back inside the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jackson opens his eyes and sees Mark lying close to him. They fell asleep after playing around, tickling and cuddling. He doesn't want to leave the bed, but he kinda feels the need to go to the bathroom to pee. He carefully disentangles himself from his sleeping boyfriend and goes to the bathroom quietly.

 

When he comes back, he sees a familiar plant beside the window in Mark's room. He walks towards it and sees a bright red ball like hanging from it. The cherry tomato he gave Mark when they first met finally bears its fruit. "Hey..." Comes Mark hoarse voice from his back.

 

He turns to look at him and Mark goes to stand behind him, hugging him from the back. "You took care of it." Jackson says, lifting the pot up. "Of course I did, I do." Mark says, scratching his eyes. "Did you think I won't?" he asks, walking away from him to take the small spray bottle from his table.

 

The he steals the pot from Jackson's hand and sprays it with water. "How are you today?" Mark says quietly, Jackson almost missed it. "The weather today is really nice. Do you like it?" He speaks again, spraying water to the plant. "Are you talking to it?" Jackson says with a hint of teasing in his voice.

 

"He's not 'it', he's Jaekeun." Mark replies placing the plant back down. "Wow. You even named it." Jackson says smiling as he plops back on the bed, Mark turns to him and jumps onto his stomach. "I told he's Jaekeun." Jackson scrambles and moves until he's on the middle of the bed with Mark still sitting on him.

 

"Jaekun? Where did you get that?" he asks, holding Mark's hips with both hands. "I misspelled your name when I was trying to write it in Korean." Jackson laughs and pulls Mark’s hands so he could kiss him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By five in the afternoon, they already reached Seoul. Jinyoung doesn't know if Jaebum will take him towards Nichkhun's house or his, though. "Where are we going?" Jinyoung asks softly, but Jaebum doesn't have to answer him anymore as Namsan Tower comes into view. Jaebum smiles at him as he stops the car's engine.

 

He quickly exits the car and goes to open the door for Jinyoung. He holds out his hand and Jinyoung takes it, remembering how different things now than before. When Jaebum first took him here, he's telling him how much he loves Youngjae, but now it's different. "Stay close to me." Jaebum says when a running kid passes by at them, almost knocking Jinyoung off.

 

Up until they reached the top of the tower, Jaebum is still holding him close and he likes it. His hands never left Jinyoung's neck; it rests there softly though Jinyoung can still feel its weight. But it's the kind of comfortable weight, like something to keep him grounded because he has been feeling like he's gonna float away.

 

"Jinyoung-ah," Jaebum says, "Can I ask you something?" The sky is getting darker, the house lights start lighting up, and it looks so beautiful up in the tower. "Yes?" Jinyoung replies, turning his full attention to Jaebum. To Jaebum whose eyes are glinting with happiness. "Will you be my boyfriend?" Jaebum asks, holding both of his hands between them.

 

'Boyfriend?' Jinyoung thought, it sounded so surreal. He disentangles his hand from Jaebum's hold to reach to his face instead. "Boyfriend? Yes?" he says, caressing Jaebum's cheeks. "Yes." he repeats but with more conviction now. "I'll be everything you want me to be." He says, pulling Jaebum as he leans in.

 

Jaebum smiles and snakes his hands to Jinyoung's hips. When Jinyoung closed his eyes, Jaebum leans in and kisses him again. "Then I want you to be with me until whenever." He says between kisses.

 

 

 

 

 

"Can I ask you one more thing?" Jinyoung is never a fan of heights, but when Jaebum suggested that they should ride the cable car, he didn't say no. "Yes?" Jinyoung replies, holding onto Jaebum's hand tightly, avoiding looking down. "Are you scared of heights? That’s not my second question, but are you?" Jaebum asks when he felt Jinyoung's hand turning cold.

 

"Yeah, kinda." He says then feels Jaebum shifting closer to him, hugging him from the side. "What's your question again?" Jinyoung asks a little later when he starts feeling warmer in Jaebum's embrace. He can also feel his warm breath on his cheek since his head is resting on his shoulder.

 

"I am still wondering." Jaebum says and he leans his head on Jinyoung's. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asks with his voice so gentle Jinyoung knows he's trying so hard not to hurt him again. "I am still curious. I am not mad anymore, but I'm still wondering why."

 

Jinyoung leans his head back on Jaebum's as he closes his eyes. "I thought it won't matter anymore. I thought that you, not recognizing me, meant you have tried to forget me already." He says and he pulls Jaebum's hands, quietly asking him to hug him tighter. "And also, you already have Youngjae back then. You were so in love with him."

 

Jaebum pulls away and urges Jinyoung to look at him. "I wasn't really in love with Youngjae, I already told you about that, right?" he asks, staring at Jinyoung's eyes. The latter nods, "so in the end, it was really my fault." Jaebum says regretfully. "I'm so sorry Jinyoung. I'm so sorry." Jinyoung cups his face and nods with what he's saying.

 

"I'm sorry you that you have to love a stubborn and stupid person like me." He continues, "But I love you, okay? You. I love you. It's you." Jinyoung nods and says, "I know, I love you too."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum sends Jinyoung back at Nichkhun's home the night they came back to Seoul. The two got a whole sermon from Nickhun, but more than everything else, he's glad Jinyoung decided to go back in Seoul. "You are helping me a lot here and I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter