CHAPTER 4: Without A Word

If Only They Have Given Him The Photo Earlier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun are already on site when, Nichkhun, Bambam, Jackson, and Jinyoung arrive. Nichkhun had promised them, to celebrate Jinyoung and Jackson’s arrival; they will eat out after his meeting with the couple.

 

“Hello, Jiyong. Hello, Seunghyun.” Nichkhun greets the couple as soon as they approach them.

 

“Hello there, Nichkhun.” Jiyong greets him back; Seunghyun greets him by bowing and giving a smile.

 

“Hello, Jiyong-nim!” it is not a secret to the couple that Bambam is Jiyong’s admirer, not in the romantic way, though.

 

“Bambam!” Jiyong smiles and hugs the younger boy. You can’t help him, though, he’s got a penchant for kids. He even joked Seunghyun once, that if he would allow him, he’d adopt every kid he can because he’s such a mother hen.

 

“Um, by the way, this is Jinyoung and this is Jackson.” Nichkhun says, pointing towards the kids who bow and pay respect to the couple.

 

“They are from the orphanage in Busan, they just arrived yesterday.” To this, Jackson and Jinyoung nod, but something catches Jiyong’s attention. His expression shifts a little to something unrecognizable.

 

“In Busan?” Jiyong says, looking to Seunghyun’s eyes. “Kids from Busan are really good looking and nice.” He continues and gives Jinyoung and Jackson a smile.

 

Jinyoung feels like, he had seen Jiyong before, he just can’t remember when and how. Especially with the way the older man smiled, the smile feels very familiar and sad. He doesn’t know why his brain incorporates the older man’s smile to something sad because smiles should give him happy thoughts.

 

Jackson notices it so when the couple along with Nichkhun and Bambam moves away from them, he drapes his arm over Jinyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Why?” the shorter boy asks worriedly.

 

“Have we seen Jiyong-sshi somewhere before?” without any preamble, Jinyoung asks back.

 

“Jiyong-sshi? Maybe on the TV? Or posters? I don’t know, he seemed to be a popular person, but I don’t think we have seen him somewhere in person before.”  Jackson says, squeezing the taller boy’s shoulder.

 

Jinyoung is convinced that he had seen Jiyong somewhere before, but he just dismissed it with Jackson, he can’t remember it anyway. It doesn’t stop him from looking at the older man, though. He is even caught looking twice or thrice, but the older man only gives a sweet smile. Just like what Jackson said, he seemed to be a popular person; he must be already used with people looking at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Nichkhun’s meeting with the couple which lasted for almost three hours, they finally head to the mall nearby. It is still early for dinner; Bambam suggests to go around and window shop. Jackson is more than happy with the decision, but Jinyoung still looks a little off from what happened earlier.

 

He gets pulled off from his trance when he hears a piano playing from afar. They had one in the orphanage and he was the only one who played it. He follows where the sound is coming from until he finds himself inside a huge instrument store. There are hundreds of guitars, ukuleles, flutes, and other instruments he had only seen on TV, but there in the middle is the gigantic grand piano.

 

He hasn’t realized earlier that there is a voice accompanying the notes of the piano. There is a man, probably slightly younger than him, but still older than Bambam, eyes closed, is playing the piano. He is a playing a sad song and his voice is mixing with the notes perfectly.

 

Jinyoung stays there, few feet away from the man, watching him in awe. Then another man, wearing a black suit and tie comes and hugs the man playing the piano. He is probably just around Jinyoung’s height or slightly taller, but he’s got wider shoulder and a better posture. He has a black hair and he seems scary at first, but when he smiles, Jinyoung feels something ticked inside him.

 

The man who is playing the piano abruptly stops and smiles, but he doesn’t look very happy seeing the person. Upon realizing that they have some audience, the man wearing the suit and tie looks towards Jinyoung, still smiling.

 

With his world curtly coming into a halt, Jinyoung’s eyes widens. He doesn’t know whether he is just homesick, but the man makes him feel like they know each other. Like for real, they met each other before. The smile is very familiar, and just like how he felt with Jiyong’s smile, it kinda makes him sad as well. But there is something in the man’s eye that makes him believe they had already met each other before.

 

His heart somehow confirms what he is thinking by beating erratically against his chest. It feels like finally seeing your favorite toy when you thought you lost it ten years ago. Like seeing it in other people’s hands, he wants to take it back, to finally hold it again.

 

Leaving every piece of sanity in him, he walks towards the direction of the man, only to be stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Where have you been? Nichkhun hyung’s been looking for you. We should go and eat, I’m hungry.” Bambam says whilst pulling him. When Jinyoung looks back at the man, he is no longer staring at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter