"i hate being so serious" –stephanie

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stephanie stomped around the beach, giving pressure to each one and every step as she goes, dark clouds right above her head, following her everywhere that she goes.

She really isn’t in the best mood to joke around despite the fact that she spent the whole day laughing and chatting with Seunghyun. His words rang repetitively in her mind. It was just so unexpected coming from him, especially the fact that he made fun of her.

She sat down and bent both her knees, staring blankly into the ocean, sitting close enough to the water that it touches her toes whenever the ocean produces a wave, and closed her eyes.

God damn it, why am I so angry for what he said? Why should I take it anyway near offensive? If I’m acting the way I am right now, won’t that make everyone think that I do take things way too seriously? Stephanie complained to herself.

What Seunghyun said was in fact, true. When it comes to messing around, Stephanie isn’t the person to go to. She’s in fact really concerned about her future, her current carrier. It doesn’t mean that she’s that serious to not be able to joke around and have fun with–she just doesn’t have the time and patience for people who likes to mess with her, or her friends, or her family.

And guys really do avoid Stephanie. When guys try to hit up on her for quick one-night stands, or gross hook-ups in the club, she would always say no, and it is a known fact that she does.

But there was one guy who didn’t avoid her.

 

“Why are you still trying, anyways?” Nichkhun asks her on the other line, his tone changing as soon as he figured who was calling him.

Stephanie, a crying one, took a breath in between sobs before answering. 

“Because… you were the one who didn’t give up in me when everyone did. Because you were the only one who’d tell me ‘Oh, my baby is so cute’ whenever I’m being serious when no one else would. Because you were the one…”

She didn’t even dare to even continue, because she knows when she does, the tears wouldn’t stop streaming down her face.

 Reminiscing all the things happened throughout her one-year relationship with Nichkhun didn’t do her any better, it only made things worse. The fact that he loved her although she always brushed him off in the beginning, the fact that he never gave up when every guy did, the fact that he did everything he could to make Stephanie love him back… these were the reasons why Stephanie loved—loves, him back.

 And she can’t even think about the bitter truth now… the fact that he doesn’t love her anymore.

 

Her sudden flashback stopped when her phone vibrated.

She checks up on the name on the screen and sighs as she sees ‘Taeyeon Kim SNSD’.

“Where the hell are you, Stephanie Young Hwaaaaang?!”

Stephanie laughed at her best friend’s reaction, but it still didn’t do her any good, she was still somehow angry for what happened earlier.

“I’m at the beach. Just go to the dinner with Jiyong and Seung…” she doesn’t even have the patience to say his name.

“This Stephanie Hwang, I swear, man. I ditched Jiyong to go back to the suite to find that you’re not there. I even went to the bar, and you're still not there,” Taeyeon explained.

The pink monster laughed. “It’s fine, dude. I promise, I’ll be back in no time. I just really need a time alone with myself, enjoy your date, plus, him. Okay, bye.”

“Oh, by the way, back then, Seunghyu- beep beep beep”

Stephanie hung up on her best friend, not wanting to listen to the name of the guy who pissed her off.

Or she hung up, because that guy is standing just a few feet away from her.

“What are you doing here?!” Stephanie asks, not even trying to hide her current grumpiness right now.

“What are you doing here?” Seunghyun asks back, with the same level of grumpiness.

“I’m the one who’s supposed to ask you that.”

Seunghyun took a breath. “Are you mad?”

“No.”

“You’re mad.”

“I said I’m not.”

“Yeah you are, you left after what I said.”

“Ugh, get off my face, I’m not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter