making the move

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was around 2 in the morning where Stephanie fell asleep in Seunghyun’s arms and he decided to carry her into her and Taeyeon’s bedroom, fortunately because he was sober, unlike last time.

Before he head to bed, he made sure he set an alarm at 5:55AM at the loudest volume without even concerning about his best friend. He knows that even the loudest phone alarm won’t wake Jiyong up.

 

...

 

Three, almost four hours later.

A loud, annoying noise can be heard right beside Seunghyun’s left ear which woke him up immediately. A pissed Seunghyun arise from his bed, knowing why he has an alarm on, and immediately unlocked his phone and opened the ‘Messages’ app.

Seunghyun’s glad that he and Stephanie exchanged their phone numbers when they went for their late-night-almost-morning trip to McDonalds.

06:02 Seunghyun: good morning Stephanie [SENT]

He clicked send, and smiled at himself, slightly chuckling, seeing that his message isn’t even being delivered, before throwing his phone away from him and throwing his body back onto his bed, dozing off again.

 

...

 

It was around 10AM when the four finally woke up from their sleep. Stephanie got out of bed before Taeyeon did and made her way to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

She walked in front of the mirror and screeches. Puffy eyes, red nose, bloated face. This is why she avoids going out the week she broke up with Nichkhun. She always found herself looking unattractive.

After taking a shower and did her morning skincare routine and brushed her teeth, she went back to her room and threw herself onto her bed and looked for her phone.

Her lock screen was filled with ongoing Instagram notifications. Crap, I must’ve turned it on last night. she cusses herself under her breath. Turning on her Instagram notifications even for the people she doesn’t follow means letting her phone explode slowly.

After setting her phone, she noticed the red notification symbol on her ‘Messages’ app, signaling a new message.

Her eyes widened open when she saw the sender of the message. As expected, it was Seunghyun. But she didn’t expect it to be him.

She can’t help but smile at the text he sent at her, and smiled even wider when she saw that he sent the message at 6 in the morning today. He’s keeping his promise, huh?

 

10:13 Stephanie Hwang: good morning c: [DELIVERED]

10:13 Stephanie Hwang: where are you? [DELIVERED]

 

Outside, on the balcony, Seunghyun and Jiyong were enjoying their morning cigarettes, casually chatting and passing on jokes.

The rapper’s phone chimed, and Seunghyun took a glimpse at his phone screen. Typically, he would just ignore most of the texts he receive and reply after three or four hours, but in this case, he immediately snatched his phone from the balcony’s table.

“Who’s that?” Jiyong wondered. This kind of behavior isn’t Seunghyun-like. He then leaned in and peeked at his mate’s phone screen before being wacked away by his mate. But Seunghyun’s too late, because Jiyong already saw who he was texting.

10:14 Seunghyun: balcony, come here. [READ]

“Stephaniee-"  Jiyong shouted, peeking through the balcony’s door before having his mouth shut up by Seunghyun. “Keep it down!” the rapper warned, surprised by his best friend’s sudden action.

Jiyong was about to reply Seunghyun when he sees Stephanie walking towards the balcony. “Yo, come here,” Jiyong calls, making a hand gesture signaling here to step out of the living room to the balcony.

Seunghyun could only stare when Stephanie stepped in and when Jiyong slid the balcony’s sliding door shut. “Morning!” she greeted cheerfully, her mood blooming by Seunghyun’s good morning text.

The dragon could only laugh at his best friend’s behavior. Now this is Seunghyun—look at him being nervous and all.

Seunghyun then put off his cigarette on the ashtray despite of it being a freshly-lit one. “Morning,” he greets back, trying to disguise his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter