midnight jam

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of wave colliding with one another was like music to both Stephanie and Seunghyun’s ears. Everything is better at night.

Seunghyun walked carefully with Stephanie’s hand in his, watching each and every step that she takes, making sure she’s careful enough to not slip. Right now, the rapper can’t thank his best friend enough to choose the suite that has a shortcut access to the beach. After all, the hotel’s suites are all located in front of the beach with oceanfront view and are the nearest to the beach.

It’s almost 12. The beach must be empty now.

“Where are we going?” Stephanie asks, breaking the silence.

“To the beach.” he replied shortly.

“I’m aware, and we’re already there.”

Seunghyun stopped walking, realizing that he’s standing on the white sand and the water is just a mere distance away from him. “Right.” he said. He first hesitated, but he ended up letting go of Stephanie’s hand and plopped on the sand, getting comfortable sitting on it, whereas Stephanie could only follow him by sitting down, feeling forced.

He strummed Jiyong’s guitar strings once more. “Well. You dragged me here, so you better play something,” Stephanie hisses cynically, which results in Seunghyun laughing.

“I didn’t drag you here, I just grabbed your hand and you followed without putting up any argument,”

Stephanie’s jaw drops open. Unbelievable. “I’m leaving.” she mutters, but before she managed to get up, Seunghyun’s hand was on hers again.

“Okay, fine, maam, any request?” he sighs, grinning.

The girl looked around to think of a song that she wants him to sing. “Hm… Kodaline – Latch!” she immediately exclaimed her favorite song. Seunghyun’s eyes widen at her song choice. “Woah, you listen to Kodaline as well?!” he exclaims excitedly, not starting singing. He never knew someone would listen to Kodaline—at least, no one in YG Family does.

Stephanie nods, and Seunghyun grins. “Nice music taste.” he smiles as he starts plucking and strumming the guitar.

“You… lift my heart up when the rest of me is down,” he began to sing, leaving Stephanie in awe at his voice. She seriously never thought he could sing, let alone play a guitar so beautifully. His deep voice made the song sounds different by 180°, but Seunghyun’s knowledge in suiting chords into his voice is too vast that he tuned down the guitar chords of the song enough to match his deep voice.

Seunghyun smiles as he continues singing, and he stole a glance of the girl sitting in front of him before he reaches the chorus. “Now I’ve got you in my space… I won’t let go of you,” he sings.

Stephanie found herself joining the singing rapper, “You’ve got me shackled in my embrace, I’m latching onto you,” they both sang.

He didn’t stop after the chorus ends, he wanted to sing the whole song to her. After a long time of not listening to the song, he got reminded of how much it suits his current feelings…

Towards the girl sitting in front of him.

“And how did you do it? You got me losing all my breath.

How did you give me, to have my heartbeat out my chest?”

The rapper wraps up his song so beautifully that Stephanie’s jaw drops open. And once the song ends, Stephanie gave him a round of applause–after all, he does deserve it.

“You never told me, nor anyone, that you could sing?!” she exclaims. Still getting chills from his previous ‘performance’.

“I’m never so confident about it until now.” he answers calmly. “But thanks, I appreciate it,” he continues, smiling at Stephanie’s reaction of his version of ‘Latch’.

“Any more request?”

Stephanie thought of a song once more, but gives up. “I don’t know, play whatever you have, I know for sure I’ll like it.” she grins, obliviously complimenting Seunghyun.

His hear immediately flutter at what she said. He always loved it whenever someone tells him that they love his work, or his voice, or his rap, or whatever it is that he creates. “Hm, this is a song of Winner, the new group in YG.” he said, explaining the background story of the song he’s about to sing.

“This song hasn’t been released yet, so it’s special for someone from SM like you to know,” he teases, reminded of their difference entertainment companies. “But they played it to me and I absolutely love it.” he continues, looking back at the time the five guys came up to him and Daesung and asked about their opinion of the song.

“The title?” Stephanie asks, curious. She’s heard of Winner, but never listened to them performing. “Don’t Love.” he answers before he began strumming the strings once more.

Seunghyun started singing the song, again, leaving Stephanie in awe of his overall musical talent.

“Don’t love if it’s not me.

It doesn’t suit you, though it’s selfish of me.

Don’t go far away, I’m not there,

Your love is me, though it’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter