arrival

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 2014
Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour
Miami, U.S

 

“Yong yong,” Kim Taeyeon sang, adjusting her laptop screen, waving to the webcam of her laptop, seeing the on-screen live footage of herself in the small box on the center of her laptop screen.

“Oi. Can you hear me?” a guy’s voice was heard. “Hm. Turn on your video.” Taeyeon commands, noticing that her guy friend hasn’t enabled his video feature yet. “Wait…”

A few seconds later, the guy’s face was seen on the screen. The live-footage of his bareface, along with the little bit of stubble on his chin, casually dressed in sweats and a black muscle tank made Taeyeon giggle.

“What’s so funny?” he asks grumpily, and Taeyeon continued laughing. “Dude, it’s about time you straighten your hair again!” she cheers.

The guy on her screen—Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong, or more commonly known as G-Dragon of Big Bang, rolled his eyes at Taeyeon’s remarks. “What was that supposed to mean?!” he exclaims.

“Your hair looked like ramyeon last week, Ji.” Taeyeon explained, couldn’t help her laughter, recalling on her guy bestfriend’s hairstyle during Paris Fashion Week when he attended Chanel’s S/S15 show with a hairstyle that practically shocked the whole world.

She takes a breath and continues laughing. “I’m so sorry, it’s just so funny. How were you even able to see through your noodles?” she jokes once more, and she continued laughing at her own joke, whereas Jiyong just looked at her—well, his laptop screen—with no expression.

“I’m hanging up,” Jiyong sighs, which made Taeyeon laugh even harder. “Hey, Ji!” she exclaims this time.

“I’m staying up and cancelled my dinner with Seungri to get mocked by you,” he remarked. “And thanks, now Seunghyun won’t stop laughing.” he added, moving his laptop screen, revealing the sight of Choi Seunghyun, dressed in his signature checkered pajama set, sitting on a chair and seemingly, laughing his off.

“See? My jokes are funny, okay?” Taeyeon mocks, still laughing. “Just kidding, Ji. I love you,” she continues, this time conversing in her cute high-pitched voice, and Jiyong immediately put up a straight on poker face and rolled his eyes.

He made a disgusted face, “Gross. I’m cancelling my flight for tomorrow.” he teases, slightly laughing.

“I’m sure you won’t get 100% refund,” she sighs lightly, as if mocking her guy friend on her screen. “So what’s the point in cancelling anyways? I know for sure you miss me too much to even do so,” she sing-sang overconfidently, teasing Jiyong for the nth time in their Skype video call tonight.

“Damn, you’re lucky I need you in my life.”

“Of course you need me,” Taeyeon comments once more, chuckling and making funny faces as Jiyong kept on putting up a poker-face whenever Taeyeon teases him.

 

Despite the infamous flaming rivalry between these two people’s entertainment company, SM and  YG, their friendship still grow stronger everyday. Both of them agreed that work will be work, and they won’t let it interfere, or worse, ruin, their valuable bond of friendship.

‘He knows too much of my secrets already’ is what Taeyeon would say whenever someone asks why she’s close friends with Jiyong, whereas 'I don’t know, she keeps on clinging on me’ is what Jiyong responds to the same question regarding the opposite person.

Rumors about the two being in a serious relationship—whatever serious means– is no longer something that would ever cross netizens’ minds, because everyone already knows that they just enjoy making fun of the media by giving out hints of them dating, when truthfully, Jiyong is the person Taeyeon goes to–after Stephanie, whenever she has guy problem, and vice versa.

 

“What time’s your flight again?” Taeyeon asks as she was scrolling through her messages with Stephanie on her phone, seemingly looking for a particular something.

“Hold on. Let me check the tickets first.” he replies, getting up from his bed and disappeared off Taeyeon’s screen.

“It’s at… 9:20 AM to Atlanta, I’ll reach Atlanta on the 13th at 10 and the flight to Miami’s at 12 and I’ll land by around 3,” Jiyong reads his tickets, still out of the camera’s view.

“Really? So you have to go to the airport at the very least 7 then,” Taeyeon remarks. “Steph will arrive at 5 though, so we gotta wait for her.”

“Seriously?!” Seunghyun, who was keeping quiet throughout the Skype call all along finally spoke.

Taeyeon raises her brow. Why is he surprised that Steph’s coming along? She thought.

“I knew the flight was in the morning, but at 7?” Seunghyun adds, ignoring the news that Stephanie’s coming along.

“International flight, remember?” Jiyong casually responds.

“Damn, I’ve got to pick my outfit for tomorrow.”

“Dude, just wear this, shower in the airport.”

“Hey, Kwon Jiyong, that one time I wore my pajamas to the airport when we were headed back here from Jakarta, even my fansites were too embarrassed to upload their pictures of me.”

Taeyeon bursts into laughter, and so did Jiyong, despite the fact that Taeyeon could only hear the conversation because the two guys were out of the camera view.

“Dude, that outfit was legendary though.”

“I know, right? And my sleep was blissful on the airplane.” Seunghyun excitedly reply, joking around.

The screen suddenly shook and the sight of Seunghyun was seen on the screen the next moment. “Yo, Taeyeon,”

“Hi Hyun,” she greets him back, and Seunghyun walked towards Jiyong’s study carefully and placed Jiyong’s laptop on the table, and now the camera’s view is Jiyong’s room closet.

“Help me choose an outfit.”

And for the next 45 minutes, the Skype call between Jiyong, Taeyeon and Seunghyun was all about the three of them arguing on which outfit the boys should wear for tomorrow.

 

North Terminal D
Miami International Airport

16:19 taeyeon: out from the customs yet? im rotting here [READ]
16:20 Kwon Jiyong: baggage claim.. [READ]
16:20 Kwon Jiyong: see ya muahaha [READ]
16:20 taeyeon: claim your baggages faster! [READ]
16:21 Kwon Jiyong: where’s starbucks again? [READ]

Taeyeon took another sip of her Americano impatiently, keeping an eye out on the exit door of the baggage claim area. She’s been waiting in the airport for about an hour already.

“Seunghyun was probably spending all his money on Duty-Free liquors.” She thought to hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter