embrace

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I’m going to sleep, I ate so much,” Taeyeon yawns, partially stretching her arms as she makes way to her bedroom.

Stephanie and Seunghyun grinned at the behavior of their friend. “Sleep well!” they cheer in sync.

The two continued sitting beside one another, eyes into the screen where an action movie was playing.

“This movie is so predictable,” Seunghyun mutters under his breath as he leans against the couch. Stephanie hummed, silently agreeing to what he said. But still, they were into the movie no matter how bad it was.

Stephanie shivered as chills hit her spine. “Geez, it’s cold,” she hisses quietly. She then made way to the other couch where a throw-blanket that’s neatly folded was sitting on, and sat back beside Seunghyun.

Silence fell across the room.

Despite the fact that the two actually wanted to get along with another, they both are still awkward around one another. They know they shouldn’t be, but they are.

The air conditioner that Seunghyun set was doing its job too properly that the living room was practically freezing. He shivered.

“Cold?” Stephanie asks. She then lifted up the throw blanket that was covering her body and made a gesture, offering Seunghyun the blanket.

Typically, at awkward encounters like this, Seunghyun would just politely (and nervously, awkwardly, dumbfoundedly) decline the offer, but this time he really was cold that he lifted the blanket covering Stephanie’s body and pulled his body closer to hers.

Awkward silence again.

Seunghyun didn’t know what to do, let alone Stephanie–who was pretending to focus into the movie.

“We’re alone again,” he finally says, breaking the silence and the awkwardness. , Choi Seunghyun you’re an idiot what the fuc-

He stopped cussing at himself when he sees Stephanie grinned. He always liked her smile since the beginning of their meeting, especially her eyes and how it curves when she does. “Want to crash McDonalds again?” she asks.

Both of them let out a small chuckle. “I’m not that hungry now…” Seunghyun response. “And I’m already comfortable,” he continues, looking at Stephanie.

Clearly, sure, he was comfortable. Sitting in front of a television in a mini version of Antarctica in the middle of summer with a member of SNSD being under one blanket with him. Yep, totally comfortable and not awkward.

Stephanie smiled at him. “I’m comfortable too…”

The movie ended within five minutes, and Stephanie browsed through various television channels before stopping on a Korean channel which is broadcasting a popular old K-Drama.

“Ah… this one…” she sighs, noticing the familiarity that the drama gives to her.

 

Nichkhun rolled his eyes at her playfully as Stephanie stopped on a local channel broadcasting their–well, her’s– favorite drama at the moment. “Really, babe?” he asks. 

She jumps in excitement as the intro of the drama rolls in, excited to see what will happen in this episode. “Sit here!” she cheers, patting on the spot beside her.

Nichkhun couldn’t resist and sat beside her and pulled her close to his body, wrapping his arms around her waist, resting his chin on the nape of her shoulder. He planted a quick kiss on Stephanie’s nape as she was too focused on her drama.

 

Stephanie then found herself on the verge of tears again after encountering the sudden flashback, and Seunghyun noticed.

“Steph…?” he calls. “Are you okay?” he adds softly, worry starting to build up in him.

 

“See! I told you she’ll end up with him. What did you promise me again?” Nichkhun teases after Stephanie groaned as she sees Nichkhun’s drama ship reconciling all over the screen and not hers. He taps his cheeks twice and smiled cutel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter