different summer

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong, Stephanie, Taeyeon and Seunghyun went back to their suite after one full hour spent by the beach. The girls and the boys took turns to take a shower, because they’re planning to go to Bal Harbour Shops, a mall located nearby the hotel.

Both Taeyeon and Jiyong were the first ones to finish showering–Seunghyun and Stephanie taking their turn now in their respective rooms. Taeyeon who was still drying her damp hair with a clean towel walked to the balcony where Jiyong is in.

“Smoking again, really?” Taeyeon rolls her eyes as she spots a cigarette in between Jiyong’s index and middle finger as he was sitting down on one of the two chairs in the balcony provided by the hotel.

Thrilled by his best friend’s presence, he immediately place his newly-lit cigarette in the ashtray placed on the table beside him. “I caught you already, what’s the point in putting it off?” the girl asks casually, still drying her hair.

“Just not in the mood to,” Jiyong lies–he’s ashamed by the fact that he might have broken his promise to his best friend to quit smoking.

Taeyeon pokes Jiyong’s waist, “No need to bull me, I know more about you than you do,” she teases.

“Fine… fine, I was just curious. I saw the package in the airport, bought it. Looks interesting, so I want to try it. Okay?”

A smack was what Jiyong received after he said that. “I know you smoke gold Marlboro even back in Korea, . Don’t try to fool me,” Taeyeon jokes.

“God, this girl,” the dragon hisses, rubbing the back of his head where Taeyeon smacked him. “Okay, fine, sheesh, sometimes I regret letting you know everything about me,” he says.

Taeyeon laughs and pull out her tongue and made a face to Jiyong. She then made a V-sign using her thumb and index finger, “I’m the bestest friend anyone could have, right?” she teases.

Jiyong made a face as a response. “Nope, Seunghyun and Youngbae’s better,” he smirks.

“Hey!”

The leader of the nation’s boy group burst out laughing when Taeyeon crossed her arms and pouted at what Jiyong just said. “Just kidding babygirl,” he sing-sang, and hooked his hand around Taeyeon’s neck, pulling her close.

Taeyeon smiled at the fact that Jiyong just addressed her with her favorite nickname, and Jiyong is aware of it.

“You ,” she sighs, resting her head on Jiyong’s shoulder. “By the way, should we ditch Steph and Seunghyun?” she asks after thinking about her evil plan.

Jiyong smirks. “Are we honestly matchmaking them? Even so, they won’t look as good as us though.” he says.

“Tsk.” Taeyeon replies. “You’re so annoying,” she rolls her eyes at her best friend who was grinning ear-to-ear. “Well then. Should we ditch them? Yknow, so they’d walk to the mall and stuff.” Jiyong asks.

Now it’s Taeyeon’s turn to grin ear-to-ear. She nods, excited.

The two went back inside their suite and Jiyong slid the sliding door shut before they two went their separate ways to their bedrooms.

“Hey!” Both Jiyong and Taeyeon called, banging on their own bathroom doors where their best friends were taking a rinse after the chill-out at the beach.

“We’re leaving first, okay? The hotel’s receptionist said that the mall gets extra-crowded at this hour. Meet us there!” they said, in sync. And before both Stephanie and Seunghyun got the chance to beg them to not leave, they already dashed out of their bedrooms.

Jiyong grins and opened his arm wide, signaling Taeyeon to come close to him. “Let’s go,” he says, as he hooks his arm around Taeyeon’s neck and made way to the suite’s main door.

 

...

 

Seunghyun waited patiently in the living room, already dressed up, tapping his fingers on his thigh, constantly changing position due to the boredom. Gosh... is she still even in there? Did she leave already?

On the other hand, inside Stephanie and Taeyeon’s shared bedroom, the pink monster was trying her third outfit already after putting on her daily make-up.

“Ah. Whatever.” she sighs and finally decided on a pair of denim cutoffs, and an oversized plaid shirt half-tucked in into them. She snatched her handbag before going out of her room.

Seunghyun was startled by Stephanie’s sudden appearance and immediately stood up. Stephanie, on the other hand, felt the same thing too. She thought she was alone all this time.

“You waited for me?” she asks.

She received a nod as an answer.

“You know you could’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter