compare and contrast

This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****er
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful and jolly morning for the two Big Bang rappers and the two SNSD vocalists. With Stephanie and Seunghyun casually sitting on the balcony enjoying the stunning view of the oceanfront, and Taeyeon and Jiyong laying down on one of the beds in Taeyeon’s room, everything seemed perfect.

They were enjoying one another’s company, throwing jokes, sharing stories, and overall getting to know each other more–bonding.

Inside Taeyeon’s bedroom, the leader of Big Bang was leaning his head against the headboard, and partially watching the television, with the leader of SNSD in his arms.

Jiyong was in the state that he has never been in before. It felt like this weight on his chest; this lump in his throat, has disappeared into thin air. He’s never felt this relieved before.

Whereas Taeyeon was happy for everything that has ever happened so far–her decision of going here, Jiyong’s agreement of coming along, the fact that Jiyong rented a car despite of the uselessness, Jiyong booking the suite so they’re sharing a space of living for two weeks, Seunghyun being forced by Jiyong to tag along, Jiyong’s idea of telling Stephanie to join after her trip of visiting her family in L.A.

Because without all of these events happening in such order, such place and such timing, she knows that she won’t be as happy as now. She knows that without Seunghyun and Stephanie being out on the balcony, she wouldn’t tell Jiyong that she hated guys who wouldn’t make a move, which means that Jiyong wouldn’t make his move.

She knows that without all of these things happening, Jiyong and her would just remain as best friends, nothing more—not to them, at least.

I like Jiyong, she randomly thought as her eyes were on the T.V.

Taeyeon smiled at herself, remembering the time she thought she liked her own best friend around a year ago. She knew for sure that she had something special going on with Jiyong, but she has always thought that it was just their special bond of friendship.

I know for sure I like Jiyong, she thought once more. She couldn’t help but giggle at her thought.

“What?” Jiyong asks, seeing that Taeyeon was giggling out of the blue. “Nothing, I just thought about liking you,” she answers truthfully, nothing to hide–her four-years worth of friendship with Jiyong means that none of them would have anything to hide anymore.

Jiyong’s lips curl into a smirk. “Well, you do.” he teases.

The girl doesn’t even care about talking back to him, too busy smiling.

“It really is easy here,” Jiyong adds, pulling Taeyeon closer to him, leaning in and kissing the top of her head.

His mind wander around, thinking about the conversation he had with his older bandmate thirty minutes ago on the balcony, before the girls woke up.

 

“… I don’t know though,” Jiyong sighs. “I really… really, really want her.” he adds, taking a puff from his cigarette.

Seunghyun looked at her with a raised brow. “Then pursue her, no? It’s been four years already. I'm sorry that this is a 'easier said than done' kind of thing, but enough with fooling around. You know you meant everything you said and did to her,”  

Jiyong could only sat silently, staring into the oceanfront view.

“It’s the perfect opportunity, see–we’re away from home. Enjoy these two weeks starting something new, then once we go back, talk to everyone necessary."

He listened to Seunghyun’s advice carefully. Sure, Seunghyun may seem like he doesn’t know anything about relationship–and truthfully, he doesn’t, but he’s the perfect embodiment of everyone’s dream guy. He may not know how to keep up with a relationship, but he sure does know about what his younger bandmate wants and his current state with SNSD’s Kim Taeyeon. 

“We’ll see, hyung. You know I might do it today,” he sighs, contemplating about his love interest. “But whatever. Forget it, I know for sure I’ll do it soon. What about you, though?” Jiyong asks, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter