Chapter 2: Yes to necessary

Getting you (1st book)

Chapter 2 : Yes to Necessary

“Are you really not going to reply him at all?! [Y/N]! Do you have any idea how many girls in this whole wide world would love to be in your position right now?!” Jess nagged at me, non-stop. It’s been half an hour since she have tried to talk me out of it. 

“Jess! Getting into some personal talks with idols is akin to finding trouble” I rebutted. “And i am not about to let my whole life destroyed by his whole fandom probably, just because i replied a hi or something like that” -I finished off my sentence.

“Seriously?” she stared at me, “don’t give me that crap because right now, it’s fine if you do not reply his comment. But, I’m talking about the direct message he sent you through insta” she scowled at me. “no one in this world will know you are talking to him if you reply him over there”- she paused, “well except for me” she said as a matter of fact.

“I’m done talking to you about this. You can’t force me to do things i do not want to do. You, of all people should know that. And seriously, are we really arguing about a guy right now? So much for hoes over broes. Real smooth Jess” I complained.

Taking out my cigarette, i sat down at the curb. 

This was our secret place since Jess and I were in high school. There’s always a rooftop in every building, even in the shopping mall that we are here right now. But knowing the existence and getting to that place is two different things. For us though, we had found our way through the back gate of the shopping mall; located from a very secluded place that leads up to here.

Jess had gone quiet from the moment we were up here. She always does. She liked the big empty spaces here, and the tall buildings we can oversee from here. Not to mention, the fresh air too.

Well, not really. Since i invaded the air with the smell of tobacco.

Suddenly, the door opened and chatters could be heard from ear distance. Both of us were in for a surprise. Because we had never seen a single soul up here before… but today was different. Was it because we had spent lesser time in this mall so perhaps other people found it too?

“Oh!” someone exclaimed.

tumblr_inline_nuirc8EFLV1qi3eea_500.gif

Jess and I looked at each other before turning to the source of the sound.

There, stood the five men, along with a few guards around them that stayed at a distance. All eyes were already on us as G-dragon leads his pack to our way.

“The tissue girl” He said, and turned around to s and announced to them like as if they had asked him who am i- which they didn’t.

“Guys… this is the girl who gave Seung hyung tissue. Seung thought it was for him to signed when she slipped it to his way, which she very much laughed at him for that and told him it was for his sweat” GD laughed while saying that.

“Ah… that’s why Hyung posted three photos of it on his insta? I thought he was out of his mind” Taeyang said, turning to TOP and they all laughed.

tumblr_nq73iozfis1qfvtamo1_500.gif

Originally posted by cheonjaes

TOP turned to me after that and waved, which led me to get up from my seating position and stood up awkwardly. I mean, to me it was rude if someone was saying hello and i just sat there as if i’m the boss. Not that i wasn’t the boss of my own life though. 

tumblr_inline_nuirn1paE11qi3eea_500.gif

“I see your phone is in your hands” He commented after looking down at my hands. One with a cig and another my phone. “Seen my message?” 

I looked over to Jess who was standing behind me nervously and looking at me with her im-not-helping-you-on-this-one-face. Okay… so i see this is my own battle.

“Yeah i’ve seen it” i smiled. “But i didn’t see a need to reply so-” I trailed off. 

tumblr_inline_nuis26FN0Y1qi3eea_500.gif

His face fell. Or was that just me? Was he disappointed?

Wait, i shouldn’t even care.

“So tissue girl, i haven’t gotten to know your name yet.” GD strolled towards us, disrupting the conversation i had with TOP.

“My name is [Y/N], and she’s Jessica” I pointed out to my best friend cause she is not transparent, you know. We exchanged greetings and such formalities it was becoming so awkward since they are friendly; excluding TOP since he was shuffling his feet while the rest were exchanging greetings with us and took out his pack of cig.

Back to that, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing being friendly but when strangers suddenly came over and become friendly with you, it gets overwhelming for me. I’m not really open to people whom i’m not close with. So sometimes i get comment where i am being very cold and distanced. Which is okay, since it’s my life. I will do what’s best for me. 

“So what are you guys doing up here?” I asked them. Hey, at least i tried to talk and not shy away .All eyes now back on me. 

tumblr_inline_nuitokogK41qi3eea_500.gif

“Hyung wanted to go for a smoke so we all naturally followed him here” Daesung talked and smiled. “Yeah! We the maknaes in his eyes so we follow him everywhere he go!” Seungri spoke and hugged TOP; which was ignored and he gave a fake pout.

“…..” Jess suddenly muttered. “[Y/N]! I need to go home now and pack. Mum’s order” she said, rolling her eyes. 

Pack… that word sounds so unfamiliar and saddening to me. Jess had to pack. Because their whole family will be migrating to Australia; while i have to be here all alone on my own. And she’s leaving tomorrow…..

“[Y/N]?” Jess called and looked at me curiously- which brings me back to earth.

“okay, go ahead” I hugged her. “I’ll text you okay?” She hugged me back and ran away. Probably had to rush or something since her mother is very strict.

“So how do you know about this place?” GD asked me again when she’s gone.

“It was our secret hideout” I said, 

“nice one” Taeyang cut in and said.

“Yeah-” i laughed lightly. “If you look over there from that side,” i pointed to the other end of the building, “you could see the blue seas clearly, and the smell of the seas could reach you from there. It’s a nice view, very relaxing” I let them know.

“Really?!” They said at the same time, and walked there. The four of them - GD, Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung.

Only then did i realise i was left with TOP.

I looked over at him who was already looking at me; and decided i should just ignore the weird feelings racing through my heart now and sat back down on the curb and continue with my cig.

“So why was it not worth replying?” He asked in his deep voice.

“The message?”I asked, huffing out. “ I just feel like i shouldn’t.”- i shrugged.  “Besides, it was just a “thank you for the tissue” so i don’t see the need to” 

tumblr_inline_nuitgfVsKx1qi3eea_500.gif

“So what message should i send in order for you to reply?” - he asked again, sitting beside me on the curb. The guys still over on the other side overlooking the view and laughing like they are having a good time.

“Is that necessary?” I spoke, almost in my mocking tone.

“Yes” -he exhaled out his smoke, with a serious face on his face- which i very much couldn’t comprehend yet if it’s serious or shy, or both at the same time. 

But what i knew is that, I sat there frozen, for the first time, my smart mouth decided to fail on me.

Damn…. 

To be continued….