Seokmin- My fear, My weakness

Seventeen Boysbe beyond imaginations

He was the kid next door. The childhood friend you always hang out with, making sandcastles after class, throwing snowballs during winter, partners in every class project, your prom date, player no. 2 during Tekken battles, and many other things that most friends do.

You watched him grew, into a man he is now. Every secret, he knows.

Then after you two graduated, he asked you out.
Why not date each other?
Sure he grew up into a very attractive person, but you didnt knew that he saw you as the girl of his dreams.

But as you two grew up to be beside each other with an intimate relationship like that, maybe it was time to be beside each other for as long as time can tell.



He knows a secret of your very well. 
That you are scared of dogs.
Sure they're fun, and fluffy, and adorable, but did you mention they have sharp teeth and rabies?

When you were kid, you used to love dogs. Until one suddenly chased after you in the neighborhood, with bloodshot eyes and snarling teeth.

Good thing Seokmin showed up. And saved you from a dog bite. 
And that was the reason why you have built up a trauma against them and swore to never touch one again.



It was a calm saturday morning. You were quietly brushing your teeth in your room of your shared apartment with him. 
You were dating for 6 months, but you guys thought it would be better to have your own little private space for yourself.

You two were neighbors before anyway.

" Jagi! Have you seen my socks?" He shouted from the living room. 
" The blue or the black with small white dots?" You answered back after rinsing your mouth with water.
"The blue one."
You were about to answer back until you heard a "yelp" outside. 
"What?" And you thought its Seokmin doing weird noises again.
"What "what?" " He answered back voice almost trembling.

"I thought I heard somethi--- AHHHHH!"
you went outside, curious of the noise. Until you saw something fluffy walking on the wooden floor.

You swear to the heavens that your shouts can wake the whole building up. 
"Babe, listen." Even though he speaks of a calm voice, arms cradling your shoulder, your heart was pulpitating, blood rushing up your head.

"ITS A DOG. WHY IS THERE--- SEOKMIN--- A DOG?!" 
You were squirming in his hug as your mind went blank and panic came rushing in.

"Babe listen. Listen to me."
Stumbling back, you both landed on the floor, 
His long legs caging yours as it was kicking furiously away from the animal.

You closed your eyes, trying to calm your heavy breathing.

Sure, you understand that Seokmin likes every single breathing animal on this planet and you knew this would happen sooner or later, but still your mind is not mentally ready to face your fears.

His arms tightened around your shoulder as his hands was intertwined in yours, calming you by drawing small circles in your palm.

"Babe. Inhale. Exhale. Calm down." With chin resting on your shoulder, he whispered gently on your ear.

With his comforting warmth around you, finally you stopped kicking and your breathing stabilized.

His grip loosened and you can feel his heart racing at your back. Maybe he was worried as you were. 
That he was guilty of bringing something that he knew you were scared off. That you will be angry after what had happened.

"_____-ah. You need to do this. You can't stay like this forever just because of a single mistake. You need to face it."
I shook my head.

My throat feels dry after all that shouting that I have done.

"Babe. Trust me. Just open your eyes. Im here."
He whispered in a soft voice. If dogs were your greatest fear, Seokmin was your greatest weakness.

With words said so gently in your ear, it was always you giving in to whatever he says.
So slowly, you opened your eyes and saw the small white thing waggling its tail.

You flinched as the images of the past dog that ruined your perception towards them crossed your mind.

"Babe, all of them aren't the same. Just like in this world, some of them are bad, and some are good."

He whistled and made a sign calling the puppy. 
With heart racing again, Seokmin's presence made you feel reassured.

Seokmin picked the puppy up.
you watched as its tail was waggling and tounge stuck out and he placed it on your lap. You can feel its soft paws as it lied down on your lap.

It was soft, it was fragile. 
"It likes you." You watched it breathe slowly. He took your hand and guided it on the dog's head.

You hesitated. With trembling hands, your palm landed on the puppy's fur and you stayed frozen for a minute.

"I saw the poor guy in front of the building today. It was raining. And he was so cold, so I took him in."

I never knew I could get this close to a dog again. After what happened to me in the past, It was unbelievable that Seokmin actually removed my fear.

"He's.... he's adorable." I whispered and brushed my hand on its soft fur. I saw his radiant smile as I turned my head around.

"Really? Its been years since you said that to a dog!" 
I laughed. "It looks like you changed my fears into something that I like."

He kissed my cheeks and stood up on the floor.
"So what weakness do you still have? I'll try to change it into something you like."
I smiled and looked down on the puppy.
Well, you can't try to change yourself because I like you anyways.