Vernon- My winter

Seventeen Boysbe beyond imaginations

 

"Is this space taken?" 
He spoke in a baritone voice. It was spring at that time, the first day of my sophomore years. 
"N-no..." 
His cold gaze made me step back and tried to busy myself with my bike's handlebars. 
His bike was nice. Compared to mine, which was only a hand me down by my older brother. Its worn out but still working so I still use it to ride my way to and fro the school.
"What?" 
He turned to look at me..Instead of being intimidated, I actually fell into his deep eyes and cold stare.

And thats how I found my winter in the middle of the warm spring.



"____-ah!" 
You finally snapped out of the trance you are in and looked at your best friend, seungkwan who's sitting beside you with a worried face.

" You're at it again." He said as he took a sip from his iced coffee.
"I am in what again?" You asked, acting clueless of what you have done.
"In your own little fairytale world with Verno---" you covered his mouth with your hands the minute he spoke of his name.

"Shhh! Shut it! What if he hears you?!" I took a quick glance at him from across the room and thank goodness he didn't heard it.
"___-ah. Were in a dang cafeteria filled with loud mouthed students. Do you honestly think he heard that from miles here?"
You shook your head.

"Absoloutely not." You sadly answered back as you took a bite from the bread that your eating.

He was absolutely beautiful and cold at the same time. Thats why you call him your winter. He never got many friends because of his quiet attitude. (Well, he got one. The jolly Dino of the lower class)
Since the first day we met, his bike was always beside yours. Even though the bike parking was so spacious, it would always be beside yours. Up until this day.

You never mind it. It was your only chance to see him during class time.

"Stop staring. You look like a stalker and its embarassing to be around you."
You punched his shoulders. 
"Shut up. You chose me to be your lifetime friend. Deal with it."
He laughed and took a sip again on his caffeine. 
"Im such an unlucky guy." He whined and you chewed on my food silently, smiling on his comment.



Damn. You at this. 
Your stomach became uneasy as you looked at the hurdles formed in a perfect orbit around the school grounds.

Palms sweaty, you wiped it in your PE shorts.
" Better think of an excuse. You used the "I have monthly period" for three weeks now." 
Seungkwan whispered beside you as you sat on the bench, waiting for your turn to run 10 laps around the school grounds, jumping hurdles.

You're not an athlete. Hell, sports despise you so bad that you embarass yourself with just a warm up of jumping jacks.
I mean, who trips in the middle of jumping?
Only you.

"Cant think of a better one. Help me!" You whispered back as your teacher scanned his class records and you know your name is up next.

"____-ah. You're up. Show me what youve got."
Seungkwan looked at me with a sorry face and you sighed. 
Here we go again.
The unathletic queen.



"Well, thats a really bad wound. A really deep cut."
The nurse sighed as she placed the gauze bad securely on your right knee.

You tried to recall what happened after you fell in the hurdles, scratching a deep cut in your knee. The only thing you saw is vernon watching from one of the benches with Dino, just looking at you as you bleed to death.

"Ugh. Nice one, you idiot." You whispered as the nurse turned around to get some pain killers.

Now, maybe Vernon wouldn't park his bike beside you anymore. Maybe he wont even look at you when you pass by him in the hallway.



She fell down.
I was there to watch her in her class, and luckily, Dino knew their schedule because he was close friends with seungkwan.

I never had the chance to talk to her. Since she's always with that seungkwan guy, I cant approach her. (That sassy son of a gun.)

But I was damn worried when I saw her fall during their class. And yet, I was too scared to approach and help her. (Because Seungkwan suddenly came rushing in the scene.)

"You need to loosen up. Learn how to smile hyung!" Dino said as I ask him how to talk to her.
"Hyung. You're always so stiff. And cold. You're like a walking blizzard."
I looked at him with a straight face.
"I am?"
Dino sighed and drank a gulp on his water bottle. 
"See? You're doing it again."
What is that thing im doing?
"You need to be gentle. Start with a smile or make your voice softer."

I liked her since the first day of spring. She's as radiant as the sun with her warm smile.
Thats why I purposely park my bike beside her to take a glimpse of her every morning and afternoon after class.

Until I saw her with Seungkwan again this afteroon, I know I gotta do something to get her attention.


"Are you sure you dont want a ride? Lets just take a subway!" 
Seungkwan stated as your arms slung around his shoulders, as he aid you to your bike far across your building.

"Nah. Im okay. Besides, you have a vocal practice today, right?" He let me sit in one of the bench near my bike and he scratched his head.

"Ah--! Dang I forgot! But I cant leave you alone here! The nurse said you can't use your bike because you cant fold your knees or else it will bleed again."

You smiled.."Im alright you idiot. I can walk myself with my bike."
He was not convinced. 
"Are you sure?"
You pushed him towards the school gates. 
"Dont mind me! I can handle things by myself, okay? Geez. You're like my dad." 
He patted your head.
"Alright. You take care. Text me when you get home."

 



Okay, stand up carefully.
you slowly sat up from the bench and towards your bike. Every step, pain just shoots up from your legs.

"Ah ." This is harder than you thought. So you went limping your way through the bikes in the area and found yours.

And just as you thought, Vernon's bike was gone. 
 



It was unexpected. It was hella weird.

"Hop on." He said as he looked at the empty space behind him in his bike.
"Im alright." you stammered, keeping your stand still, gaze falling on the asphalt  floor.
"You're not." 
It was the first time  his voice was gentle. It was like spring melted winter.
"I really am alright." you lied.
He took your wrist and pulled you closer.
"Please." The only word that came out as a reply, but it made the butterflies in your stomach crazy.

you sat behind him in his bike, hands gripping his blazer. 
"You're going to fall if you dont hold me properly." 
you cant even look him in the eyes.
"Im okay." you mumbled back and he chuckled.
"You always say that."
He jerked the pedal and the bike jolted forward causing you to wrap your arms around his waist. 
"See?"
He smirked.
"But you did that on purpose!" you whined and buried your face behind his shoulders because of embarassment. 
"I know. Thats why you need to hold on tight."

And you did.
 



"Wheres your bike? Taking the subway today?" We walked out of the school grounds and seungkwan wondered why you didnt have your bike today.

"Nah. I have someone who will fetch me."
Vernon suddenly came with a warm smile. 
"Hop on ___-ah." 
Seungkwan had his mouth wide open.
"Im leaving seungkwannie! See you tomorrow!" 
I patted is shoulder and rode on vernons bike, hugging his waist.

A/n: This is for LovelyBeatBaby! Thank you for requesting. I appreciate it :) I hope you enjoy This Vernon imagine that I made for you :D 
(and now back to school works. And be posting oneshots again next week!) 
/cries a river

P.S. I swear.. Vernons eyebrows are always on point. Like... how u do that son?