Seokmin-my sanctuary

Seventeen Boysbe beyond imaginations

It was late at night. 2:30 pm to be exact. Everyting was quiet, resting. But not Seokmin's cellphone. 
It was ringing again in this late hour and he was quite sure who was calling him.

He never got tired, no. Even when he was just snoozing for thirty minutes after a whole day of practice, when she calls, he wasnt even tired.

But he was tired of hearing her shaking voice, the sniffling sounds that sometimes turn to loud sobs on the other line.

"We fought again." She muttered under her shaking breath and there was a long pause.

He could hear the place where she was. It was always in that noisy area, a place that never sleeps. Where the night life is alive and the crowd never rested.

He could see her crouched down outside the bar again, mascara painted her cheeks and hair messed up.

It was the same all over again.

Seokmin escaping his dorm the minute he heard her crying on the other line, when she needed someone. 
He wasnt tired with all the late night sneaking out. 
He was tired because of something else.


 

She was in the verge of losing her mind. 
She was tired, after all those screaming and heartbreaks.

"Another chance" he would always say, and she was the generous one to give it mistake after mistake.

But now she was tired watching him with a different girl every night.
She was tired of breaking every night.

But she wasnt tired of seeing his face. He doesnt look as if  he pity the girl like the way strangers look at her.

He would always smile. Despite how depressed she looked. 
She knows he would never get tired of hearing the same stories about her tragic love story. 
But she never knew he was tired of something else.


 

Seokmin knew he was just a friend. He was always "that" friend. But its okay, as long as he can protect the girl that his heart was longing for.

Sure it hurts seeing her in the distance with the guy that you treated as a brother, but it hurts more seeing her heart break by him.

He never knew the reason why she stayed with him and everytime she cries, he felt worthless because he knows after this night, he will wipe of her tears, tomorrow everything will turn back to normal.

She sat at the corner, bare feet against the cold asphalt floor, head layed low while people looked at her as if to mock her pain.

And he swear it hurts him more than it hurt her. 
She hid her face away from them, pride already stepped on. But she doesnt care. Even with all these embarrassment and sarcasm, she never really cared.

But he did.

His footsteps were light when he approached her, her light sobs getting louder. 
He was tired of seeing her broken.

He called out her name while he picked the scattered things she threw on the street.
Her purse, her jacket, and her shoes.
She looked up and she tried to smile while she wiped her tears.

"Seokmin." She managed to say it in the calmest way possible without breaking down into tears. 
Her eyes were already tired from crying but it never stopped. The tears never stopped.

He looked at her with gentle eyes and helped her stand up from where she sat. He looked at her messed up hair, her swollen eyes, and her weak smile.

Her boyfriend never really appreciated how beautiful she was even when shes broken this way.

And as he cradled her in his arms, she began to cry again. She doesnt deserve this. She doesnt deserve to be treated this way.

People looked at them. Muttered words in each others ear about how desperate she was with a boy. About not being strong enough and just burst in tears. They looked at her like a weak girl.

But Seokmin knew better. 
About how she tried to remained strong holding their relationship together even when she knows its falling apart. 
About how she gave to many chances to someone she knows would take it for granted. 
About how she hid her bottled up feelings to avoid being sad all the time.

She was a strong lady.

And he wanted to show everyone that shes not what others think.

"Stop." He said softly. It was the first time he made her stop crying. Because it was always letting himself be a shoulder to cry on.
"Please just..... Stop."
She was confused. And as the tears blurred her vision, she knew he was tired. 
But about what? 
About her?

"Stop crying." Because for once he wanted to see her smile and be strong. 
She took in deep breathes.
Yes, maybe he was tired of her. Of all the calling and the comfort whenever she needs it. 
Maybe he felt used after all those years they have been friends.

" Im sorry... Sorry..." She apologized all over again. While she tried to hold back the tears Seokmin keeps on wiping.

"You dont deserve him." It was a bold statement. And she was taken aback. Seokmin would never say things like that. He would always say everythings going to alright.

But tonight it was different. 
He was tired of her crying over someone like him.

"He doesnt deserve your tears. All those crying for nothing. I am so tired. So tired of seeing you hurt and broken."

She was right. He was tired.
She was wrong. He was tired because of her hurting.
And her mind went blank.

Everything stopped. Her whole world stopped.

And thats when she realized.

Wasnt she tired as well? For loving the wrong guy? For giving her love to someone who doesnt deserve it?

It opened her eyes. Reality hit her. 
He doesnt deserve her.

And all those sadness faded into a confusion.

She deserves someone who would go running in the middle of the night just to comfort her.

She deserves someone who admires her even when she looks like .

She deserves someone who will wipe her tears, while cradling her in his warmth.

All those years she had been loving the wrong man.

Only to realize the right one was just waiting, standing in the corner with his heart silently breaking while she cries.

She stared at him for a long time and her eyes stopped pouring out tears.

Everything was clear now.

It was in that cold night that she realized everything. And strangers stopped looking at her the minute she calmed down.

She wiped her tears and tied her hair up. He wasnt quite sure what had happened but after he said all those words, she suddenly changed.

Maybe she got mad after saying words about that bastard. 
Or maybe she realized that her heart was tired.

"Thank you." She said after fixing herself and gave him a tight hug.

Well, he knows it wasnt the first one. 
 



It was a saturday morning and Seokmin's phone began to ring again.

It was odd, she usually calls late at night. But this is different.

"We broke up." She mumbled in a low tone but he cannot hear where she was or what she looked like.

Is she crying? Is she somewhere quiet?

So she told him she's at the cafe near the studio. And off he goes, walking to the place where she was.

She was seating on the corner, eyes on the window, watching the world in deep thoughts.

He approached her. She was calm today, her eyes never even showed sadness but rather it showed freedom. 
"Seokmin." She greeted him with a smile. 
"You guys broke up? Are you okay?" He searched her face for any trace of regret. 
But theres none.

She only nodded, looking at wooden table that stood between them.

"Did you... Cry?" He never heard about her in the past few weeks and he was worried where she had gone off to. 
She smiled bitterly.

"Someone told me he doesnt deserve my tears."
He realized, she changed.

She became stronger. It seems that scars can make someone change for the better.

"Thank you, Seokmin." 
Her hands brushed his arms as she reached out to touch them.

And there was an unexpected spark that made his bones shiver in a good way.

"Thank you for making me realize everything."

And it was that day that she opened up her heart to the boy that never gets tired of loving her fron the very start.

a/n
who's getting emo these days??? /raises hand/
I swear somethings wrong. I need pizza. lels. 
The weather here is going emo as well. when will it be sunny and all bright like Minghao's smile in here? 

/listens to monsta x- broken heart/