Joshua- Sorry

Seventeen Boysbe beyond imaginations

The alcohol made her eyes blurry as she moves her body to the music blasting through the speakers.

She told herself " one more drink " so that she can forget about what happened that afternoon.

And even though her friends told her to stop, she kept going. Thinking that the whiskey can turn into a painkiller that could numb her hurting heart.

"You need to fetch her." 
Her friend whispered in a tone she could not hear. She was so drunk that she didnt even noticed her friend calling him in the middle of the night.

He got into a fight with her earlier this afternoon. And his dumb mouth just keep spitting out words she never deserved to hear. 
He was wrong. And his guilt grew even more as he heard her drunk voice over the other line, shouting at the top of her lungs how much of an is he.

Her friend pleaded him to take her home and even though they are not in good terms, his pride got washed over by his guilt and he quickly got up from his desperate state on the couch and wore his coat.

"Where is she?" 
And he listened with a worried heart on where will he find his girl in the busy streets of seoul.

 


 

She was already a sober. 
Her cheeks stained red, eyes already wet from all the crying and hazy with the alcohol.

" Could you please stop drinking?!" Her friend guided her to sit on the corner, letting out a big sigh as she watched her take a gulp from the whiskey bottle.

" I--- I am...not... Jrunk... ish shrtorng woomern. dun need Joshua..." She managed to say in between loud hiccups and she cackled after taking another shot of the liquor.

"Its just a misuderstanding. Im sure he doesnt mean it. People can say things they didnt mean when they are mad." Her friend explained and she looked at her as if she was the drunk one.

" I wash the one hurt... Erkey?... He wash sho... Meaaann." Dropping the empty bottle on the carpeted floor, her head fell on her friends shoulder, ready to puke any minute.

"Geez... _____-ah. You had too much." Her friend muttered as she watched her sleep in her shoulders, snoring rather loudly for a girl.

"Is she okay?" He was sweating hard after all that running and pushing through the crowd. He found her sleeping and tired. She reeked of alcohol and she was a mess.

But to him, she was still beautiful. Even though her hair is tousled in a crazy way, her eyeliner already smudged, her skin shimmered against the lights, she was beautiful.

"She passed out. Thanks for taking her home, even though she wants to kill you if she wakes up from her hangover." She handed him his girlfriends hand and as he was about to carry her on his back, she suddenly woke up and saw his face.

"You!" She called out in a loud voice, finger pointing at joshua. " why'd you know im here?.... You shtalker... You followed me didn't yah?!" A small group of people turned their heads as they heard her statement but went back to chatting when they saw how drunk the girl was.

"Let me take you home, _____." Joshua tried to make her stand up on her feet but she pulled her hands away from his grip, causing her to stumble back on the seat.  
"Lemme go!... You damn cwonfushing... How can you shay bad things then act sho... innoshent right... now huh?" Her words slurred as she fight the urge not to fall asleep while shouting at him.
"Lets go home. Youre just tired and---"

"Shut up! Why are you here anyway? Its none of your business!"

"Im here because Im worried! A stupid fight wont change the way I care about you."

He looked at her with gentle eyes. It was all his fault. If only he didnt loose his cool and shouted at her earlier, she wouldnt be in this state, lost and hurt.

A beautiful mess.

Her shouts were more of sadness rather than anger.
She was in the state of confusing herself between a hallucination and a reality.

She was unsure if its really her boyfriend who was standing in front of her, staring with those warm eyes or it was the alcohol playing with her mind. 
But she still wants to shout the truth in front of his face, the words she wanted to say earlier. 
But after that, the whiskey took over and all she can feel was a numb body and a black vision.



His feet was sore but his back carried a weight he did not mind. Her face was nuzzled on his neck as he carried her on his back, sleeping like a log.

"Josh...ua... Joshua..." She mumbled in her sleep for the nth time that made joshua curious of what kind of drean she was dreaming of.

"Joshua is a jerk, right?" He whispered back, earning a groaning sound which seems like a yes.
"Joshua... I still... Love Joshua..." She answers while sleeping.

He felt a pang of guilt stricking his heart again as he heard those words coming out of his girlfriends mouth.

"Joshua says he was sorry for being a jerk." With his head hung low, he heard her giggle.
"Its okay..." Then a snore comes after.

He likes the way she sleeps. The way she talks in her dreams like a child and how loud her snores can wake up the neighborhood.

Their shared apartment wasnt that far for them to take a cab. It was a 20  minute walk from where they came from so he decided to carry her on his back all the way home.

The night was cold, but her arms around him kept him warm in the long walk.
It was this night when he promised he would change.
Into someone who wouldnt let his girl be a sober again because of him.



She was a mess when she woke up. But questions kept running in her mind.

How did she got home?
Who brought her home? 
Who paid for the drinks?

She looked around her room. And saw the empty space on her bed, which was meant for joshua. 
Seems like everything is still the same as yesterday.

But her mind can recall the familiar scent of his cologne last night. She can remember resting on someones broad shoulder. She can remember someone asking if his boyfriend is a jerk.

She can remember his voice saying sorry.

She saw clothes neatly folded beside her and a medicine for her headache. She smiled as she picked up a note on top of it.

Goodmorning!
Here are some clean clothes and a cure for your headache.
-joshie

She giggled at the drawing that comes along the note, a boy with a peace sign at the corner.

Sunshine was beautifully peeking through the curtains.
Maybe this day isnt the same as yesterday.
She thought.



She went out after freshening herself up and saw the apartment empty. No sign of Joshua anywhere. 

The house was clean compared to what it was yesterday. It was filled of broken things after throwing stuffs at Joshua during their fight.

The kitchen was the only area dirty. But she peeked at the casserole to see soup simmering in it. 
The door opened and she quickly turned her head to be greeted by his face.

"Oh, you're awake? How are you feeling? Theres kimchi soup if youre hungry ---"

She misses his touch and the way her arms wrapped around his body. She misses his scent that lingered on his body and she misses the way he would look at her warmly.

A stupid fight wont change the way I care about you.

She can remember him saying that yesterday. And she was also sorry about what happened yesterday. The entire fight wasnt all his fault. They had their own mistakes that they have made.

"Im sorry... For yesterday..."
For madly shouting at you.
For sneaking out to drink.
For making you worry.

He smiled and hugged back at the girl whos face is buried on his shoulder.
"Its okay..."
They pulled away and joshua looked at her.

"So, what does my princess need?"

a/n
OMG--- the busiest month of mah life. evah. No sembreaks and the thesis just kept on going.... Projects are piling up and im sorry if I cant update weekly :(( But I will try my best to keep updating and shizzz..... 

P.s. Monsta x is destroying me tbh. Wonho isnt staying on his lane recently U-U