Minghao-the space in between

Seventeen Boysbe beyond imaginations


Shoot shoot shoot. 
Running in and out the room, grabbing a socks, biting a toast in your mouth, getting your bag, running back to get your phone in your desk.

You were late. Really, really late.

Because you finished watching the whole "we broke up" drama, you slept late. 
Well to be honest, you didnt sleep at all.
And you just took a nap for pete's sake.

 



The subway was still filled with people and you pushed your way to the crowd, munching on the toast like it was a normal thing waking up late and fighting with this crowd.

"Come on. Come on. Wheres that dang train?"
Looking at your watch, the subway train is late again because of a malfunction in its engines.

Yawning, you waited for it to arrive, until you saw a familiar figure stand beside you from the corner of your eye.

You did not dare turn your head from the side. You actually wanted to hide your face or something.

Beside me is the guy that rejected me a few days ago. Dont get me wrong, its not because hes cold hearted or anything, its just that he's to innocent for confessions...

Resulting him to become dense.
Like a mothaeffing concrete.

Since then you tried to distance yourself from him becasue it can get awkward sparking a conversation with him.

"Hm? ___-ah?"
. Looking at the left side, you pretended not to hear. 
He tapped your shoulder. And you turned around.

"Goodmorning!" He said with a sweet smile and a wave. How can you be that beautiful in this late stressful morning day?

"G--good...morning..." 
He looked at the left side which you turned your head to again.
"What are you looking at?" He asked, so close in your ear for me to hear in the noisy crowd.

you shifted a few inches away from him and he scooted closer. Really, this guy.
"The train...I was waiting for the train."

you stepped away again and pretend to wait for the dang train to arrive.
I hear him chuckle.

"____-ah. The train will be arriving from this side." I looked at him and he was poiting at the opposite direction.
"Oh..." you cleared your throat. shoot.
"I know that."
you mumbled and finally thank the lord heavens. The train arrived.

 



Dont close your eyes. Dont close your eyes.
you were chanting in your head as you sat stiffly on the subway chairs.
Minghao was standing beside you, his hands holding the provided rails for people who are standing.

It was really crowded today and you cant fall asleep because its too dangerous to sleep in the train filled with strangers.

But here goes sleep. Luring you into its traps.
 



"_____-ah." A voice whispered, and you slowly opened your eyes. The train was almost empty and it was the last stop. 
"hm?"you mumbled looking at who was calling your name.

Until you realized. you were resting on minghao's shoulder. And people are looking at you. 
"Aigoo. Kids this days." An old woman giggled and you sat up properly, wiping any drool on your face.

"Im sorry." you trembled on your words and the train stopped on the last station. 
"Its okay-- oh... ___-ah!"

You didnt know why you ran as the doors opened, leaving him dumbfounded inside the subway train.
 



"Whats that on your blazer?"
I looked over my shoulder and saw a dark stain.
I smiled.
"_____-ah."

She was really tired this morning and she slept in the subway, head swaying because she cant lean on someone. So, after the crowd slowly began to lessen, I sat beside her to let her sleep on my shoulder.

Junhui raised his eyebrows and scratched his head.

"Hows it going with her?" Junhui asked me while he sat on my desk.
"She's been tired lately." 
He stared at me blankly.
"Thats it? You never even noticed the way she acted around you after you rejected her?"

I never thought it was a confession. Not until Junhui shouted at me for being so dense that the girl I like actually liked me back.

But after that day... she had been..
"She had been ignoring me too." I slumped back on my seat and sighed.
"Just as I thought. You need to tell her what you feel as well, if you want her back."

I wasnt the experienced one. I have no idea how to get the girl. I dont even know the difference between a friendly talk and a confession.

"How?"
 



What happened earlier was so embarassing that you cant even turn your head around and say thank you and goodbye.

"WAE."
why must you embarrass yourself in front of him? Amongst all people?

This morning was awkward. And you prayed to the heavens not to pass by him this afternoon.
 



Everyone was rushing to get home. And you stayed in the school so that you will be late and reduce the chances of seeing minghao in this huge crowd.

The train arrived on time. But people kept pushing you,  the wave of crowd just keep on ignoring your existence and a guy just stepped on your foot.

But luckily, you got in and the pushing never stops. The seats were full so you need to stand up in the rest of the trip.
.

Finding a space to stand and a rail to hold on to, you were shoved by a huge guy with an incredibly huge bag that left you stumbling inside the train with nothing to hold onto.
 

"Geez! can you at least watch out---" 

You mumbled under my breath and you stopped as you felt a hand grab your arms, dragging you in an empty space near the train's entrance.

You were about to punch the person who pulled you, until you are faced with the unexpected.

"Minghao?"

You startled at your words and looked at your arms in which he has his hands on with a gentle grip.

"_____-ah." 
You pulled away from him and looked for an escape route.

You were about to get away from him for the second time today, but he got your wrist and he pulled you gently towards him again.

"I---I need to go--" 
With your heart beating fast, you looked at his warms eyes, confused about his actions.

"Dont... Just dont go, please." His hands wandered down from your wrist to your dainty hands, brushing his fingers with yours and you felt a small spark in where he touched.

"I dont want you to leave me again. Stay with me."
He whispered words that made your knees weak as the space between you two gets closer.

"I like you, ____-ah. I know I made a mistake before, a little misunderstanding, but I have always wanted to be with you."

It was too close. You were holding the rail near the door while the other was intertwined in his hands. 
It was too close that you can smell his cologne and feel his heavy breathing.

"Stay with me. Today, tomorrow, and for more days to come. Let me be the man to stay with you whenever you need someone. "

The train halted. And you know it was your stop. It was the time that you need to let go of his hands and walk away.

But you didnt. 
You held a smile and nodded your head.

"Okay."

And as the train door closes, so does the space between you two. 

a/n
Exams are done mothaeffing yesss! /flips table
It seems that my life is getting better again, after all the bad luck for the past few weeks. I hope it will continue for a long period of time. ^o^

hope you guys are having a good day! and enjoy this oneshot of seventeens cinnamon roll, the8!