Drive

Infamous

 

It was almost intermission and yet he couldn't recall a single dancer, a single movement from the show. His eyes were pointed towards the stage but his mind was somewhere totally different. It was at the coffee shop, letting that nobody, who didn't even deserve to be mentioned by name, haunt him. He needed a distraction, a palate cleanser and he knew just the man for the job.

"So, what's your name?" he whispered seductively into the guy's ear.

"Oh, he he, right, where are my manners, I forgot to introduce mys..", his awkward apology was cut off by the massive force of thousands of people clapping their hearts out. Intermission. It must have been quite the performance since the ruckus stubbornly refused to die down and let Woohyun continue with his conquest. To be honest, he wanted to get out of here right now, go to a hotel with this fortunate chap and not come out until everything was erased from his brain. He knew if he asked, this guy would say yes, yes, amen and follow him to the edge of the world, but he also knew that he was enjoying the show, and unlike him, it wasn't the kind of thing he got to experience often, if ever, so he decided to be considerate for once. He was in the mood to be proud of himself.

"Hoya!" the poor guy yelled embarrassingly loud as the applause died down. His face turned slightly red. "Hoya, my name is Hoya." he repeated in a softer tone, offering his hand. His hand that was still shaking. It was really cute how nervous he made him, Woohyun thought as he silently cursed at Sungkyu for never getting that nervous. He made sure to make the handshake a memorable one. Using it to pull him in, he breathed softly into his ear before making his move.

“Hoya, huh? What a cute name.” he murmured in a y voice. He could feel Hoya trembling beneath his hand that he had strategically placed on his shoulder and was in the process of sliding down his muscular upper arm. He was easy prey, almost too easy. He was bored before he even started. And then it hit him. If he simply gave up without a fight, Sungkyu would win, not the other way around. He wasn't a quitter, he didn't give up at the first sign of trouble, he went after what he wanted and got it, whatever it took. If he faced a strong head wind, he just ran faster or got a push from other people, either way he hadn't gotten this far in life by going home every time it was a little windy. An idea had planted its seed in the stem of his brain and was starting to grow. It might just work. So far, wooing Sungkyu was like trying to catch water with a net, only there was a fish left wriggling around in his net. A fish who knew how to navigate the waters.

“Tell me something... so.. you are Sungkyu's boss right?” he asked in a low voice as his finger drew a circle on top of Hoya's impressive bicep. Hoya nodded shyly.

“That means he does what you tell him to do, right?” his voice turned more urgent, more powerful, as he tried to subtly make him a part of his devious plan, weaving his thread around him so he wouldn't have a choice but to help him. He just had to figure out what Hoya wanted the most and dangle it in front of his face, that move never failed.

“Uhm, I guess so.. though he can be a bit..” Hoya frowned, indicating that Sungkyu wasn't the type to jump just because somebody told him to. “But more than anyone, he listens to me, yes.” he added, straightening his back out of pride.

“Interesting..” Woohyun couldn't stop a sneaky smile from bending his lips into a smooth curve.

 

“Wow, that was amazing!” Hoya's face beamed, his eyes far away, lost in his own world, reliving the show in all its glory. Woohyun was glad he hadn't rushed him out of there in the middle of the first act, acting on impulse and frustration, robbing him of the experience of seeing the show and probably ruining his own chances with Sungkyu in the process. He was proud of himself, just like he knew he would be. It was a good thing he did, a really good thing.

 

“Come on, I'll give you a ride.” Woohyun nodded in the direction of a black car that had just pulled up in front of the house, stopping in a no parking zone, a perk that came with fame. Dongwoo waved cheerfully as he popped out of the driver's seat to open the backseat door. As he held it open, Woohyun indicated with his hand that Hoya should get in.

“Uhm.. I uh..” Hoya's surprised eyes went from him, to Dongwoo, and then back to him again. “Heh... I brought my own car...” he said apologetically. He could see the regret in his eyes, wishing that he had taken the subway or a taxi.

“No worries, I'll have it taken care of. Hop in!” Woohyun insisted. It sure was Hoya's lucky day today, he thought as Hoya hesitantly got into the car, exchanging looks with Dongwoo who sent him a friendly wink in an effort to make him at ease. Dongwoo was such a sweetheart, always ready with his big, wide smile to brighten up anyone's day when they needed it. Before he closed the door, Dongwoo sent him a 'who's this?' question mark with his pulled up eyebrow, intrigued but not surprised, mistaking Hoya for his latest fling. He was used to his colorful dating life by now. At first he had tried to control it, stifle it, but in the end he settled with making him promise to be ever so discreet, and he was. He almost always was.

 

“So.. I have a proposition for you.” Woohyun declared as the car sped along the freeway. Hoya, who had kept glancing at the rear view mirror ever since they had taken off, as if to silently ask Dongwoo to save him, looked at him with fearful eyes, clearly not sure what to expect.

 

“We have a deal?” Woohyun asked hopeful as the car came to a stop in front of the coffee house.

“So, ah.. let me get this straight, I just have to get him to show up, and then you'll get me a dance audition at your company?” Hoya repeated, not entirely convinced but getting there. It turned out becoming a dancer had always been a dream of his, and once that was discovered, Woohyun knew he had him in his pocket, the rest was just a formality.

“Yup! Although, like I said, I can't guarantee you a spot, they only take in talent, so you've got to bring it.” he reminded him. It was the easiest deal he had ever made.

“Okay, I'll see what I can do.” Hoya said resolutely as he prepared to get out of the car. He grabbed the door handle, but just as he was about to open the door, he hesitated, his eyes once again darting towards Dongwoo's reflection in the rear view mirror. What was with that? Had Dongwoo's reflection become his personal security blanket, using it to calm him down in a stressful situation? It couldn't be that he was intimidated by him? No, not Dongwoo, he wouldn't hurt a fly. Maybe he was waiting for a chance when Dongwoo wasn't looking to plant one on him, wanting to do it in private, but losing his nerve when it came to actually doing it?

“One more thing...” Hoya started, a peculiar smirk visiting his lips briefly. Ah. There it was. Mr. Greed had paid him a visit. It had been too easy. Of course he wanted something more. Once you got the taste, you were hooked. He nodded slowly, making him go on.

“Heh... it's kind of embarrassing...” Hoya whispered, again checking if Dongwoo was listening in. Oh no. Even though he had explicitly expressed his interest in Sungkyu, Hoya still wanted a piece of the pie? Sure, it was the most delicious pie out there, but that was a bit cold, screwing your employee over like that. Cold, but fully understandable. It wasn't everyday you were faced with Korea's favorite actor. And he had that in writing, having won multiple popularity polls.

“...could you... maybe... uhm... I'd like to... heh...” Hoya struggled to get the words out, his face turning bright red. He cleared his throat before making another attempt, this time speaking more resolutely. “I'd like to go on a date with your driver, could you make that happen?” he grinned awkwardly, wishing the car seat would swallow him on the spot.

“My driver?” Woohyun repeated in surprised shock. He did not see this one coming. What was with today? Was he invisible or something? Had he lost his powers? He didn't know what to say.

“Dongwoo? Well.. he isn't exactly my driver, you see. It is true that he drives me around, but that's just because he doesn't trust anyone else to keep track of me. He's my manager.” Woohyun flashed his teeth, a little embarrassed to admit that he had a full time babysitter. “So I don't really control what he does, but I can ask him..” he offered optimistically. Hoya's nervous face turned into a smile, biting his lower lip as he shyly nodded in agreement.

As Hoya turned to open the door, he was startled to find it already open and Dongwoo offering his hand to help him out of the car. He giggled awkwardly.

 

“Hey, Dongie.” Woohyun said in a cutsie voice when Dongwoo had returned to the car, leaning on the driver's seat, poking him playfully. “I got an idea..” he began, trying to figure out how best to do this. Dongwoo snorted.

“I already gave him my number.” he laughed, his signature wave of 'hahaha's pouring out.

“What?”.

“Dude, when have I ever not listened in on your conversations?... and did you see the biceps on that guy?!” Dongwoo's eyes opened wide before falling over in the seat in a fit of giggles.