Tension

Infamous

 

After what had been a surprisingly enjoyable date, an inebriated Woohyun followed Sungkyu back out the alley. He was in such good spirits, he was bouncing up and down, frequently clashing with the walls on either side of him, but he didn't care. He had finally gotten his date with Sungkyu and it had been a really good one, perhaps one of the best. He wanted to lunge forward and give him a great big back hug, but for some reason he held back. He got this uncomfortable feeling in his stomach, making him almost throw up. Maybe the meat had gone bad, or he had drunken too much. He wasn't sure what it was, but something wasn't quite right. He didn't feel in control of his own body. It was kind of scary.

 

“Hey, my biggest fan! Wait up!” he teasingly yelled at Sungkyu, running to catch up, but Sungkyu had already stopped. Instead of entering the car, he was just standing there awkwardly, staring at it.

“What...” he started, but then he noticed the fogged up windows. No way. He opened the car door to the backseat indignantly, and sure enough, he could hardly tell where Dongwoo ended and Hoya started.

“Ehhhh... boss...” Dongwoo grinned. He could see he was pretending to be embarrassed and sorry, when he was clearly over the moon after a successful make out session with Hoya. So successful, in fact, that they both seemed to have lost their shirts somewhere along the way. It made him wonder what would have happened if the grandpa hadn't fallen asleep on the table after one too many shots, causing them to cut their night short, abruptly wrapping up their date. A bit too soon, he thought. He got the feeling Sungkyu thought so too, and it made him stupidly happy. It was almost annoying.

Hoya was in pretty good shape, even better than he had expected. Huh. He looked back at Sungkyu who didn't appear to have any interest in taking good care of his body, and on top of that, dressing in clothes that were always a few sizes too big. What was wrong with his taste lately? Since when was Dongwoo pulling fitter guys than him? Were they stuck in opposite world?

Dongwoo and Hoya giggled at each other as they fumbled around for their shirts, finding each other's hand more often than anything else, which resulted in even more giggling. Then when they finally found their T-shirts, they were so distracted that they didn't notice that they had switched shirts. Or perhaps they did it on purpose. Whatever. They were a little too gooey-eyed for his taste. Almost to the point where it was extremely irritating. Maybe he was just jealous. He and Sungkyu hadn't even held hands, let alone swapped shirts. His dates always, always ended in him having a taste of the flavor of the week. Yet now he got the feeling the evening would not even get a simple PG-rating. Sungkyu was definitely holding back. Could it be he wasn't attracted to him? Nonsense! But what was it then? Was he a ? Was he uncomfortable dating a guy?

 

“Wait, hang on!” Woohyun jumped out of the car the moment it stopped in front of Sungkyu's place, running around the back of the car to be the perfect gentleman and hold the door for him. But Sungkyu hadn't waited and was already out of the car and halfway to his door.

“I'll take you to the door.” he said half out of breath as he caught up with him.

“Dude, it's like two steps.” Sungkyu pointed out, trying to deter him, but he refused to take no for an answer. It was his last hope to have something happen tonight, and he wasn't giving up on that chance, not for anything.

“Still.” he grinned stubbornly, putting his arm through his, leading him towards the door.

“One. Two. See, we're here.” Sungkyu snorted, shaking his head as he shyly reclaimed his arm. A jolt of electricity shot down Woohyun's spine the moment he reluctantly released his arm. He felt so far away, even though he was standing right next to him. It was as if they were speaking different languages, his feelings getting lost in translation. Maybe understandably so, since he couldn't really get a good grasp on them himself. He wasn't sure what he wanted or what he was doing here, he only knew that he didn't want the night to be over.

“So ehm.. heh... thanks for.. tonight.” Sungkyu whispered to the doorstep, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. He finished by flashing him a forced smile. It was cuter than he had expected, tickling his gut. He was developing a thing for Sungkyu's teeth. They were so boyish and unique. Each time they peeked out of their cave of isolation, they just seemed so happy to be free, if only for a little while.

Sungkyu opened the door, taking his time with his keys. Then, catching Woohyun totally unawares, he looked straight into his eyes. It felt like he was staring right into his soul, making him feel completely . Sungkyu's lower lip quivered slightly. Woohyun swallowed his breath. He looked like he wanted to kiss him. Was he going to kiss him? Was this the moment he had been waiting for? The air felt all tingly on his skin, the anticipation electrifying the atmosphere.

“Okay, bye.” Sungkyu said abruptly, breaking their eye-contact and disappearing inside the door, shutting it right in his face.

 

Woohyun exhaled out of disappointment, returning to the car. Ignoring the ongoing giggle session in the front, he tried to focus his thoughts. It was as if his head had been stuffed full of cotton, he couldn't see anything clearly anymore. It was such a weird feeling. Parts of the evening kept flashing before his eyes. Sungkyu's cute expressions, his tiny eyes that still managed to shine so bright, his infectious laugh. He had thought it had been going so well. At one point it had almost scared him how well it was going. There was something there.

He usually wasn't one to fall in love, he wasn't even sure he believed in love. At least not the movie kind. It was all just chemistry, designed to get them to procreate, nothing more, nothing less. And he was fine with that. Attempting to procreate could be a whole lot of fun and then some. He had been perfectly content with his life. It was fun, it was easy-going, it was all that he had ever wanted. This was the first date he had ever had that didn't end in a hot bedroom scene, or a hot kitchen scene, living room scene, bathroom scene, car scene, even a park scene once. He felt weird. Ending a date by sleeping together released the built up tension that had accumulated over the course of the evening, wrapping it up like a nice little present with a bow on top. It was immensely satisfying, like a cold shower on a warm summer day. It refreshed and renewed him, and then he was free to move on to other things. Now, however, he felt stuck. The tension was still there, running through his veins, irritating every single cell in his body. All he could think about was seeing him again.