Stop reminiscence

In your eyes

 

She looked up and there he was...

Seungyeon-ah its been awhile how have you been?
 
Suddenly that line sent shivers to her spine weren't they joking before that they would never do that? Pretend to be strangers when at one point they were actually in a limbo between real and reel staying within that fine line of love and friendship. Seungyeon never got over that, everyone didnt call her a "Bear" for nothing, with her everything seems a blur; social cues, relationships, and accepting admiration was not exactly her strong point. She always found herself a bit odd and off around the edges. 
 
Seungyeonshiii are you there? He asked.
 
Suddenly She snapped out of her thought bubble and realized that this wasn't the same person that She thought about. 
 
Oppa! Ive been well, thank you for the surprise its nice to know that you still remember after all this time.
 
Seungyeon-ah how can you say that?! I can never forget your birthday! Remember the tarmac incident of 2012? It was one of the best moments of my life all thanks to you of course.
 
At this remark seungyeon felt her cheeks burning and her ears turn warm. She started to brush off her hair again and it fell beautifully, framing every single part of her face, she was stunning even from afar. 
 
I surely did miss that blush and those mysterious eyes of yours I always thought that it was absolutely intriguing on how it could tell everything that you were thinking about and hide so much at the same time. Your eyes always showed so much honesty, rawness, and mystery. 
 
At his remark the flight attendant suddenly approached him. First officer Park, Captain's asking for you.
 
Ah Seungyeonah I really have to go I hope youre having a good birthday even though youre 50000 feet above the ground. Can we meet up after work? I mean once we land. Wait for me by the arrival area? Ill bring you to your place, Im based here anyway lets have dinner and catch up? Yeah?
 
Ottoke..... this was supposed to be My trip, a break--to think things through... But  maybe this is part of it?! Stop with the What ifs seungyeon-ah and for once go for it, go all the way on this trip you have nothing to lose. Be adventurous, be foolish, be brave. You really have been through worse plus its nice to have a friend in this foreign place. 
 
Dont worry ill arrange everything basically you just have to show up and we'll go from there. arasso? Im sorry but I really have to go
 
Aaaaaah.....
 
Arasso! See you later and by the way please dont think that Im out of line but I really have to say this before I would see you again later, Seungyeon-ah even after all these years You are even more beautiful now than you were then if thats possible even.
 
What just happened?!
 
Both jonghyun and seungyeon thought of this at the same time. The only problem was they weren't in the same situation. Seungyeon was in it but Jonghyun wasn't he was eavesdropping again. 
 
What really did just happen?
 
So this is what it feels like... Why does it feel like my heart's about to burst and throb at the same time, the scary part is somehow it dawns on me that it currently is breaking and all I can do was look...from afar.  I could've had her but then I don't.  
 
Calm down Seungyeon, he said that you'd just catch up he didnt mean it as a date so you're fine. Its a good thing that you brought that dress though. This trip is turning out to be quite the journey already. Seungyeon ended up talking to herself  the 4th time again today. Aaah this is crazy she finally thought.
 
Jonghyun looked like a walking turkey bopping around at the baggage claim area arching his neck trying to look for seungyeon. Hyung! why dont you just text her or wait for her she'll be here for sure we are after all from the same flight and im pretty sure she'll need her bags jungshin said. Jonghyun stared him down with his eyes he was already bothered enough from the conversation that he eavesdropped in between seungyeon and that air force guy. 
 
Come on boys lets go to the car and head over to the hotel.
Buuuut hyung i havent seen her yet.
Well technically you did. You just didnt talk to her, Why?! I dont know. We really have to go we have a jampacked day, maybe you can call or text her later? Its her birthday after all so you have a reason to.
 
Jonghyun followed his group around sulking for another missed opportunity.
 
Just when the last of their bags were loaded in their car and they were backing out of the lot. There she was-- with him inside his black SUV, sitting up front like she used to do with...him. He couldve had that but again he doesn't. His decisions back then were now haunting him. You know how Shakespeare once said that the opposite of love isnt hate, its indifference? Suddenly his actions before or the lack of them finally take a toll on him. What did he do with the love that at the end he finally felt that he had from Seungyeon-- He ignored it, no he was thankful for it but he ended up being busy, complacent and distracted. That he constantly pushed things back one thing turned into another thing and then into another, and amongst the sea of missed opportunities and postponed ones he ended up drowning her out the most.
 
Why does he feel like someone's constantly stomping around his heart? and that he deserves it?! He looked up again even if he didnt want to he just had to see her face.  They were smiling awkwardly just like they used to, past tense and just like that they swiftly drove away past them, reminding him of the harsh wind of reality that he sailed himself into.
 
Minhyuk was looking at his Hyung while the scene ahead of him was playing out and he literally saw his face fell.
Is it really too late?