Chapter 8

Let's face the darkness together

A/N: I thought I had already updated. Guess not. I realised that you guys don't know much about the girls. So here is something to make you understand. Or atleast I hope so :) It's a little short, sorry for that. And I'm sorry for any mistakes // Brazul


The demon laughed.

“Where are the others!?” Chanyeol screamed once again. Minseok took three step forward and stood infront of the youngers to protect them.

You would really want to know that, don't you?

“I command you to tell us!” Amanda said with a voice cold as ice.

I do not take orders from you was the answer she got. Suddenly everything started to spinn. Amanda lost her balanse and fell backwards. But she didin't hit the ground as she thought she would do. Instead she just kept falling for what felt like forever. But in the end, she did hit the ground. She just laid there for a while, listening. To her surprise, she could hear voices. Laughs, more exactly. She opened her eyes but was quick with closing them when the bright light from the sun blinded her. While Amanda laid there and tried to get used to the light, she notices several things. She was laying of what felt like grass. She could no longer hear only the voices but also birds who was singing. She could hear bees and a dog who was barking.

 

Where am I? Little did Amanda know that it was the wrong question. But she was soon to find out. She stood up and looked around. She was in a field. A field that seemed oddly familiar.

“Watch out!” She turned to the four girls just in time to see one of the girls trip and fall to the ground.

“Sora! Are you okay?” Sora? What is this? Amanda walked closer to them. She waited for the kids to see her but it never happened.

“Hello?” She didin't get any answer. Nor did they look at her. They can't see me she realized.

“I'm fine” Sora stood up with a smile. She, and two other girls was blone while the last one had black hair.

“Emmy~ I'm tired!” The blackhaired girl whined. She seemed youngest of them all. It's... No, it can't be! It's a memory! It was. A forgotten memory from the time before everything happened. They couldn't be more than ten, five years before the slaughter. The memories of the times before everything happened became too much and tears filled Amandas eyes. She watched how her younger self hooked her arm with Sora and dragged her over the field and to a village that they could see not too far away. The older Amanda hestaited before she followed after them.

 

The ten years old Emmy was dressed in a purple dress. Her blonde hair was flying free in the wind. Everything about her screamed 'money' and 'rich'. But that was an oblivius thing for the daughter of the guvener of the village. As the oldest of the four girls, she was the leader of the girls. But she was also the kindest. She still are kind but she changed a lot after...

 

Sora was, and still is, the next oldest of the girls. She was also wearing a dress, but not one as nice as Emmys. It was white, or was supposed to be until she came out to play with her friends. Her father was the guveners right hand and almost as high up as Emmys parents. But as her father, Sora was the one of the girls who was hardest. She knew how to make the others to listen to her. She had a lot of pride and she knew her place. That was how it was Emmy and not Sora who was the leader of the group. The two girls had grew up together while they didin't met the other two until they was four years old.

 

Amanda was the only one who wasn't dressed in a dress. Her parents didn't think that she needed to ruin every dress she had and let her run around in pants. Her pants was grey and her shirt white. But she had her hair in a ponytail that was held together with a red cloth. Her parents wasn't rich as her unnies, but they wasn't poor either. The small village needed to protect itself and her father had the job to learn every young men to fight. This was only two months a year and the rest of the year, he worked as the towns slaughter. And her mother was the one working in the slaughterhouse when he was away. Amanda has been in there since she was a newborn and was already helping her parents out. It's only a year since she killed her first animal. She had hated it and had swore to never do it again. But after some weeks, she had done it again and was now used to it. She didn't do it often but atleast once a month. She knew it was because she needed to learn and she had accept it. Her father had also teached her how to fight and sometimes, she would teach her friends. Something no one else except them knew about.

 

And the last girl? The blackhaired one? It hurt Amanda to look at her. The young girl who was so nice to everyone. She was a year younger than the other three and the most innocent of them all. Her blue dress was a little to big for her. It was something she had got it from her sister who was some years older than them. She was the only one with a sibling. Her parents was the towns tailor. So her parents had the money and everything to get her a new dress. But she liked to have her sisters clothes.

 

The girl ran before her friends with a laugh.

“Ji Mi, wait!” Sora ran after her and soon the other two followed. Amanda watched herself and her friends run away. She didin't follow them to the town because that would hurt her more than she could take. So instead she sat down on the field and listened to the sounds she remembered so well.

 

“I know you're there.” She looked up. There stood Ji Mi and looked at her. No, not directly at her. More like she could feel her.

“I know you're there. I know who you are. And I guess that makes everything real. Everything the man said was real. Why didn't you help me when you had the change!” Amanda watched in shock how her friend broke down and started to cry.
“Why can't you help me!” she screamed. That was when she saw it. The mark at the back of Ji Mi's neck. It was a circle with a upsidedown cross inside. Amanda walked closer to the crying girl. How could she not had seen it before. It was there. You could see it as clear that you see the words you're reading. Then everything started spinning again.

“No! Wait!” Amanda screamed. She couldn't leave yet! But the spinning just kept going and in the end, she fainted.