Chapter 11

Let's face the darkness together

A week went by. None of the girls heard anything from the twelve men of EXO. Amanda didn't care, she was happy to be home with her best friend and horses. It made her calm. But it was different for Emmy. She did not show anything infront of her younger friend but she was worried. Worried for the boys. Worried for Baekhyun. He got hurt but they just left. They left the men who helped them. And that was eating her up from the inside.

"Amanda?" The said girl looked up from her book with a smile that dissapeared when she saw the frown on the others face.

"What's wrong Emmy?" The younger stood up and walked up to the older girl.

"I wan't to find EXO." The words made Amanda stop dead in her track. It was not what she had expected. And it made her angry.

"Emmy, we can't just 'find EXO'. They have probably left the town by now. And they are dangerus! Who knows what they actually can do with the power they have! We should have..."

"If you say that we should have killed them, then I will leave! They did nothing more than helping us! We shouldn't have left them here with the Sora! We wouldn't have survived without them and you know it!" Emmy glared at the other who glared back. Amanda knew that EXO only helped them but so what? They was still dangerus. It was people like them they hunt down. People like them that hurt others. Okay, they had helped the two girls out, but come on!

"Emmy, listen-"

"No! You listen! I know our job is to protect others from people like them, but only if they have done something bad. We haven't heard anything about them doing something that would make us want to go after them. Nothing! It has happen before and I won't let it happen again..." she trailed off and looked down with Amanda staring at her.

"Is this was everything is about? Because of what happened with him? Are you insane!?" Emmy winced at the harsh words but the younger had nothing of that. "Trusting him was the mistake we made, not trying to find him again! We made a big mistake. But how could we know, with that sister of his! Emmy, he's in the past and he will stay there. Now, forget him and forget EXO!" Amanda turned around to walk away but stopped dead in her track when she heard what Emmy whispered.

"I saw him. He was in the woods, with them." Amanda turned back around, her face drained from colors and with chills running down her spine. This was bad. Really bad.

~.~

It took half an hour for Amanda to get Emmy to understand the situation. It took them two hours to pack their things and sit up on the horsers with all the neccecery stuff before leaving their home, maybe to never come back. It was necessary for them to leave and Emmy knew it, but it didin't mean that she liked it. But Amanda was right. It was dangerus to stay. They haven't met him for years, and now he's showing up again. But... why here? Why now? And the girls weren't even sure if he recogniced them.

~.~

"Let's stay here for the night" Emmy announced and made Silver stop. Amanda got down from Ace and Emmy took care of the horses while Amanda set up a camp. Emmy came back and sat beside of Amanda by the bonefire.

"What should we do now?" she asked. Amanda looked down in the fire for a minute before answering.

"We are going to sleep, then we are going to get far from here before we tries to find a new misson." Emmy let out a small laugh. A laugh without happiness.

"We're screwed. We always are when you need to take over" she said and rested her head on her friends shoulder.

"I know, and it's your fault. I won't trust you when your feelings are threatning to take over like they are."

"That's not true! I have-" Amanda silented her with a glare. Both of them knew how much he meant for Emmy when they were younger and how much power he has over her. Emmy looked at the fire, knowing they need to eat something before sleeping. But right now she just wanted to skip the first part.

~.~

Amanda was quick to get something together that they ate under silence before wrapping themself in blankets and laying together to stay warm. They said their goodnights before drifting of to sleep.

 

Roots. Too many roots. It slowed them down. They needed to get far, far away before they get caught. They have already been running for an hour and they were still hunted.

"Down here!" They dragged and pulled the other to get away by taking ways there the others couldn't follow. It didn't work. Nothing worked. She was tired. She needed to stop. Soon.

"Don't slow down! Keep running!" The other screamed and then ducked when a knife flew past and hit a tree there it stayed.

"I... I can't!" Then it happened. A root. She tripped and fell to the ground, twisting her foot. The other one pulled her to her feet but the pain in her ankle made her realize that she would never be able to get away.

"Just leave! Find them and tell them what's going on! You need to stop this!"  The other one hesitated only for a moment before running into the forest. The men hunting them got to her and she closed her eyes when the man she knew so well raised the knife...

 

"No!" Emmy sat up, staring out in the dark. It took a moment for her to realize that she was still in the woods with Amanda beside of her. Sliver and Ace was standing not far away from the bonefire, eating what looked like a apple.

"Emmy? Are you alright?" Amanda sat up and looked at Emmy. She saw the fear in her friends eyes and pulled her into a hug.

"Did you have a nightmare?" she asked and Emmy nodded. The younger asked if she wanted to talk about it but Emmy shook her head. So instead they sat there for a while. Amanda told her how everything was going to be okay and nothing was going to happen to them. It took some time but soon both girls was asleep again. Dreaming about a world better than this one.


 

FINALLY DONE!!!! I've been writing on this for a while but never had any insperation. It's short but it's something.

 

Soo.... More secrets the girls hold onto. Who is this he? You will se ;) // Brazul