The date

Stay With Me - (BaekYeol/ChanBaek fanfic - Exo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun

Baekhyun knew he had to get a job to earn some money. He’d been looking for a part-time job for about a year when he had to quit his job in a bookstore because they had to shut it down, and Baekhyun was jobless, but he couldn’t stop thinking about it now. He was supposed to go out to eat dinner with Chanyeol tonight, and he was broke. Maybe Chanyeol already concluded that, and that’s why he said it’d be his treat? Baekhyun wouldn’t know unless he asked.

 

In Baekhyun’s last class for that Wednesday, he heard some of his classmates giggle when they were supposed to do some task whilst their professor was out to get some papers. Baekhyun just tried to ignore them and did the tasks, but then he felt some curled up paper balls hitting him. It didn’t necessary hurt him physically, but it did bother him. He was about to look over at them, and they only grimaced to him, and continued to giggle at him to each other. They stopped right away when their professor was back again, and Baekhyun could finally breathe out in relief. He felt terrible about himself that he had to rely on his professor to his rescue every time.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to get ready for your date?” Kyungsoo asked, as they were relaxing in Baekhyun’s dorm. Baekhyun glanced at the clock, but he only shrugged.

“I don’t know, I’m not going to wear anything special. We’re probably just going to eat on a cheap restaurant, so why look fancy? And I’ve already showered and fixed my hair”, Baekhyun replied. As he glanced over at Kyungsoo who was lying on his roommate’s bed, he remembered what he called it. “And it’s not a date”.

“Sure, if you don’t want to look at it in that way”, Kyungsoo muttered whilst rolling his eyes. He closed his eyes to relax more, but Baekhyun couldn’t. Now he couldn’t stop thinking if his clothes were good enough. He was planning on just wearing a white polo shirt and jeans; no need to look good in front of Chanyeol. Why would he? It wasn’t like it was a date either.

He got up from his bed and started to get dressed. After he had double checked his clothes and hair, even though he was only brushing his fingers through his hair one billion times, he went out of the bathroom and stood between the two beds and faced Kyungsoo. “What do you think?” he asked, a bit nervous.

“You’re going to wear that?” he asked judgingly. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Why would he bother to even ask his friend for his opinion?

“Ops, time to go”, Baekhyun said as he saw how much time he actually used to get ready. He had already texted Chanyeol the name of his school, and he should be there any minute now. “See you later Kyungie”, Baekhyun said with a playfully wink and walked up to the door, trusting Kyungsoo to be gone from their room before his roommates appear and would scold at Baekhyun later for letting in a ‘stranger’ alone in their room.

“Have fun on your date”, Kyungsoo smirked and winked back. Baekhyun didn’t even bother to correct him and just closed the door behind him and marched over to the main doors of the University.

He didn’t had to stand there long until Chanyeol appeared in his bright red car that had no roof top, and Chanyeol sat in the driver’s seat with sunglasses and formal clothes, looking absolutely stunning. Baekhyun hadn’t noticed that he was drooling whilst staring at the guy. Other students nearby were eying Chanyeol, his car, and Baekhyun as he got in. Chanyeol, however, was firstly staring at Baekhyun before he decided to drive away.

Baekhyun felt anxious. Why were Chanyeol’s clothes formal? Why was he dressed so good? Why was he looking good in such clothes? Why was he even wearing them? Why hadn’t he said anything to Baekhyun? “You look good”, Baekhyun commented to break the silence. Chanyeol only glanced at Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter