I wasn't supposed to fall in love

Stay With Me - (BaekYeol/ChanBaek fanfic - Exo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun

Kyungsoo kept on playfully bullying Baekhyun about Chanyeol. As Kyungsoo was Baekhyun’s best friend, he of course told him everything. He even told him that he was maybe starting to like the guy; he wasn’t sure though.

“You should call him”, Kyungsoo suggested as they were eating lunch.

Baekhyun shook his head in protest. ”No, he’s working now”.

“How old is he anyways?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Around 25 or 26 I think”, Baekhyun said with furrowed eyebrows.

Kyungsoo almost choked on his food. “He’s what?!” he yelled surprised, earning a few glances from other students on their own table.

Baekhyun hushed him. “Not so loud you idiot!” he loudly whispered and gestured him to sit down as he had stood up in surprise.  “You already knew that he was older. You’ve teased me to death, remember?”

“Yeah, but he’s 6 years older than you! Isn’t that a bit too much?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “I’ve also thought much about it. He’s way to old of me, isn’t he?” Baekhyun asked. He couldn’t even bring himself to smile. “That’s why I don’t want to like him”.

“I didn’t mean it like that Baek”, Kyungsoo added. He smiled at Baekhyun. “If you like him, then that shouldn’t really matter”.

Baekhyun snorted. “You’d think he’d think that? He only looks at me as a child”.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and he softly nudged his friend on his shoulder. “You’d think he’d continuingly ask out a child on dates? Even pay for him on a five stars restaurant? Think Baekhyun. The guy seems to like you, and you like him back; just admit it”, Kyungsoo smirked. Baekhyun didn’t reply. He remained silence, and it made Kyungsoo worry. “Baek?”

He forced a smile, even though a single tear escaped his one eye. “But I wasn’t supposed to fall in love”.

 

Chanyeol

Chanyeol was finally in a good mood at his job today. He kept on smiling sometimes when he thought of Baekhyun. Some of the co-workers would stare at him sometimes, but Chanyeol only ignored them, understanding it must be weird for them to witness.

“What happened?” Jongin, the guy who had his desk beside Chanyeol, asked with a happy smile.

Chanyeol frowned back. “What do you mean?” he asked.

“I know something has happened since you’re smiling and looking all happy lately”, he said and Chanyeol looked away. “You didn’t get dumped after all, did you?” Jongin grinned. “Or you guys made up”.

Chanyeol chose to ignore Jongin. He’d stop bothering him if he just continued to ignore him Chanyeol thought. “So, how is he?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen and his jaw dropped as he stared at Jongin. “Wha-what do you mean with he?” he stammered nervously.

“Well, I know you’re not into women, so it must be a male”, he snickered, but Chanyeol didn’t stop staring.

“H-How long have you known?”

Jongin grinned. “After about 3 months or so when you stared working here”.

“You’ve known for that long?” Chanyeol gasped. Jongin nodded. Chanyeol was silent for a moment. “How did you find out?”

Jongin chuckled. “It’s obvious when every female worker here comes to this floor and starts to flirt with you, and all you do is to ignore them and scoff them off like they’re not even human beings”.

Chanyeol frowned. “It could also mean that I’m not interested in romance”, he muttered.

Jongin shook his head. “Everyone’s interested in romance. Some more than others, some less. Some even like other genders”, he chatted with a soft smile.

They were silent for a moment. Chanyeol was surprised at how calmly Jongin was taking it.

“I also know that your father doesn’t know”, Jongin added, which Chanyeol only shrugged to. “I heard when he wanted to talk to you for about 2 weeks ago in his office. You seemed extremely down that day”.

Chanyeol nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter