Coffee Shop Guy

Reality

It’s a dark night without any stars, I reached my phone inside my pocket.


I dialed mandy’s number…
No answer.
I dialed it again..
Still, no answer.

I took a glance to the side of the road where Jonghyun park his car, he’s still there, waiting. I dialed mandy’s number again. And no answer, again.


I looked across the street, I remember she went to a coffee shop right across the street. ‘There she is’ as I mumbled when I’m about to cross the street.
As my footstep walks towards where Mandy is, I realized, inside the coffee shop Mandy is talking with someone.


I’m getting closer to the coffee shop and I can see clearly, inside that place where it looks so warm, Mandy talking to this guy. A pale white handsome guy. 'Who is he?’ I think.

Suddenly, Mandy glance to the window, she caught me staring at her and the guy she’s talking to. I can see she’s saying her goodbye to the guy and she rushed out.

“Are you done? Where is your oppa?”
“There…” I pointed at Jonghyun’s car. “Let’s go home, he’s waiting.”

••• 


I can feel the awkward atmosphere inside the car, there’s still a lot of things for me to say and he knew it. While we were driving through the very late night street, he glances at me once in a while, while I only stared down at my phone, checking on my twitter feeds. I don’t want to have any additional conversation, so I guess he let it be.

After we arrived at home, Mandy surprised me, “I forgot! I need to buy something.” She looks at jonghyun, and decided to add some more information on what she just said “Girl things, don’t ask.” Then Mandy left me and Jonghyun (again), and went to a convenience store.

So our place (mine and Mandy’s) is a small basement apartment with 2 rooms, 1 bathroom and a living room plus a kitchen that attached within the living room. We got a good deal for the rent, because the owner actually has a guest house where i used to stay every time I went to Seoul for vacation. So when I ask him to help find a place to stay, he let me rent one of his apartment. This apartment actually is listed on air bnb, but he decided to rent it to me. Plus, it is located at Choengdam-dong area, 5 minutes walk to Cube and JYP Head Office. It could be quite crowded when there are fans around this area.

Jonghyun has to sit on the floor, because we just moved in and had unpacked everything but the living room things. I asked him to wait, while I go inside my room to change my clothes.

Inside my thought, 'Did Mandy left on purpose? If yes, I’m so going to nag at her non-stop for 3 days in a row.’

After changed my clothes, I went outside and found Jonghyun fall asleep on the floor. He looks so peaceful. Beautiful. 'Should I wake him or not? He must be so tired.’ I decided to wrap him with the only blanket we have at the apartment and give him a kiss on the cheek. I know I love him no matter what, I kind of forget that I said I wanted to break up with him just a couple hours ago.