Showcase

Reality

30 minutes before the show started. Jonghyun is already here with me, in the make up room. Key is there as well, he will become our showcase host. The other SHINee member just left the backstage to go sit in front of the stage. Mandy is there as well, making sure I get all I need.

Oh, she brought a beautiful pink rose bouquet with a congratulatory card from Leo. He wanted to come, but he has schedule. This two still making me curious, what is going on between them.

Both me and Jonghyun are ready, very ready. He looks very good looking, with orange eyeshadow that matched his clothes. His makeup is perfectly applied on his beautiful structured face. Not only good looking, but so dreamy and I can't help not to keep looking at him.

"Liking what you see?" He teased me. "Me? What?" I was embarrassed. He didn't need to say that out loud until everyone inside the room could hear.

He walked to my seat. And bowed down to talk to me. "Sorry, but you look so funny only sitting there and smiling while looking at me." He chuckled. "I can see you from the mirror reflection." He pointed to the mirror.

"Okay puppy baby, I admit it. You look very handsome." I pinched his cheek. "Well, this handsome puppy baby is yours." He cooed me and smirked. I punched his chest. That's so cheesy. "And this pretty doll is mine, right?" He continued his cheesiness. He traced along my jawline. Studying my face, and stopped his focus at my lips and puckered his own lips. "Are you using your usual strawberry chapstick?" I nodded. "I can smell it. I want to kiss you and do bad things to you right now." He whispered. It gave me goosebumps down to my spine. He took a glance to the coordi across the room. "But they will punch me if I ruined your makeup."

Key snorted and left the room. I think he heard what Jonghyun said.

Unconsciously I pulled his neck and hug him close. You know those long, deep hugs. Where your body just sink deep in the hug, and your mind just surrender to the calm rhythm of the other person's heartbeat. You went in with heart full of worries and doubts, and you left with contentment. You know those powerful hug? Jonghyun just gave me one.

"Everything will be just fine, I promise!" He let go his hug and pulled me to stand up. "Shall we go to the stage now?" I smiled.

We walked down the aisle hand by hand. On his hand, his linked finger, he always makes sure that I'm relax enough.

We wait beside the stage. Both of us warming up our voice. I asked the floor director how many minutes we have before it started. "5 minutes, do you need anything?" I shook my head. "Great, now can you two stand there." Pointing to the top stair right beside the stage. Both of us walked there. I closed my eyes, I'm about to do my one last pray. Jonghyun but then grabbed both of my hand. "Let's pray together," Then we were wishing the best for our showcase and our single release.

•••

The show started. Everything goes pretty well. Despite that I trembled during the first 5 minutes on stage, but then I managed to overcome it.

We opened it with our title song and continue it with an introduction talk about this duet, followed by covering Jonghyun & Taemin - Named, Ariana Grande - The Way, and Jonghyun own song Love Belt. It was all re-arranged. I was satisfied, Jonghyun too.

On our closing talk before our last song, Jonghyun apologized about the rumor that came out about our relationship. My eyes started to become watery, so does Jonghyun's.  When Jonghyun gave me an opportunity to talk, my tears start to rolled down on my cheek. Words failed me.

Suddenly the whole room starting to chant '괜찮아' and I heard some people said '사랑해' and '화이팅'. All of those simple supportive words get in right through my heart. Most of the people who come is SHINee fans. I don't know either they accept about our relationship or they buy our cover up, there's a part of me that feel relieved how I still get support after what I did might have broke Jonghyun's fans into pieces.

In the end I managed to say thank you and sorry in a very short sentences. I breath in and cueing the band to start the music. Jonghyun was brave enough to wiped my tears and hold my hand. We performed our very last song, a bonus track for our duet; Reality. The song was telling story about how a couple overcoming the problem and have to face the reality and the hardship on their relationship. We sang our heart out. It was a miracle, I happened to finish the song nicely. Then broke into tears again afterwards. Jonghyun rubbing my back and started to cry too.

We did our final bow after sending our gratitude to everyone who support us. With his fingers interlacing to mine, we waved to everyone as a goodbye sign.

Could this duet single fix all the mess caused by our rumors? That's what's keep rolling on my mind as I walked out the stage with Jonghyun following me from behind.