Cover Up

Reality

For 2 days in a row I stayed at home, Jonghyun always came after practicing for his comeback. And I didn't dare to touch my phone and laptop or turn the tv on.

Mandy keeps me alive by spooning me food. I'm really on a state of mental breakdown, for real. I was like only sitting on the opened sofa bed.

Today, Jonghyun came again. But not like the other 2 days, he came with a bright smile on his face, not a guilty sad look.

"Nana-ya~" he ran straight to me and hugged me. He almost makes me fell down from the sofa bed.

"Tomorrow, come with me to SM. We have a good solution for us." He said enthusiastically. "I told them you are good at singing, and they want to hear you sing." He continued.

"Then what's that supposed to relate with our dating scandal?" I asked him, puzzled.

"If they think you are good enough, which I believe you are more than good enough. They will make a digital single for us, as a duet. It will become a cover up and become an alibi why we often went out together." He explained.

"Are you sure?" I questioned him. "You know I always wanted to sing on stage, like you. But with this situation? I don't know."

"You can, I believe in you." He encouraged me.

"I know, but.... " I said back as I kissed his cheek. "I'm scared." I whispered to his ear.

•••

The next day, as we planned, we went to SM building at dawn. It's not even 4 o'clock. It was a precaution, it will be better if no one spot me there.

I was very nervous, both because of the singing thing as well as the dating scandal thing.

Jonghyun held my hand when we walk through the corridor, he took me to one of the meeting room. We waited there until 7AM, because actually the appointment was around that time. I fell asleep several times when we were waiting, so did Jonghyun.

Two men and three women enter the room, alongside with two SHINee's member, Taemin and Onew. It's been half year since I met them the last time when they visited Singapore and I flew over from my country to attend their concert.

"누나~ 보고싶지?" said Taemin. He walked to my seat and I stood up, we hugged each other. Onew shook my hand with Taemin still clinging half hugging me.

"Kibum and Minho have schedules, they are not coming." Jonghyun said to me after reading my face, he know Kibum will be one of that I would love to see. Me and Kibum share the same interest in fashion and accessories, especially rings.

When we about to start the meeting, Onew suddenly called me almost like whispering then he said, "You can do it!" I nodded at him. I guess everyone in this room know exactly about every single plan that Jonghyun told me last night.

"NaNa, at last we get to meet you. Jonghyun has been very protective about you." One of the women started. Then they introduced themselves.

They were explaining to me that this digital single duet was the idea of all 5 members of SHINee. They know what I'm capable of, so they thought it will be a win-win solution for everybody. SHINee is on the top of spotlight nowadays, good news about new collaboration will always more acceptable than any other reason. They decided to push back their comeback date 2 weeks for this duet thingy. The duet will be only digital single release with special one week appearance promotion on music show and that's all, no less no more. For me, it's both dream come true and a good solution for our scandal, or not.

They asked me to sing after finished explaining all the details to me. They believe in Jonghyun and the other members opinion about my voice, they just want to make sure about it.

I chose Coldplay's Fix You, they all listened carefully and very focus. I sang my heart out. I couldn't remember how was the staffs expression, I was too nervous. All I rememeber was when I'm done, the two men nodded at each other. I hope that's a good sign.

The meeting was wrapped with a very fast deal about the duet single, Jonghyun will take care about all of the contracts and details. I trust it all to him.

Before exiting the room Taemin grabbed my shoulder, "I knew they wouldn't say no to you." I smiled, "Thank you."