Public Stunt

Reality

We get off at Konkuk Station. Right near the station exit there’s a flower stall, I want to buy a bucket of pink roses they have before going home.

We stroll around Hongdae, stoping every time we see some interesting performers on the street. Then we sit somewhere in the middle of Hongdae, near a convenience store and some chicken restaurants.

 

My phone rangs. It’s from Jonghyun.

“Nana-ya~ Where are you?” Said him cutely.
“What’s with the cutie tone. I’m at Hongdae.” I answered.
“Let’s have dinner!” He said. “I want Sundubu Jigae.”
“That sounds good, where do you want to eat?” I asked.
“You are with Mandy, right? Can you walk to Hapjeong road? There’s a new good restaurant called 우리 슈퍼 near the Hapjeong station, across a bbq chicken restaurant.” He told me.
“Okay, I’ll see you there!” I hung up the phone.

We manage to find the restaurant that Jonghyun said directly. We enter the restaurant, and I can spot Jonghyun, he’s there already, picking the furthest sit at the corner, facing the wall. I know it’s him once I saw the cap that he wore yesterday. He paired his white cap with a white t-shirt under a red baseball jacket.

I walk straight to his sit, Mandy follow me behind. I tap on his shoulder. He was surprised, like he doesn’t want to get caught he was there.

I give him a smile. “Jagiyaaa~” he chuckled when I called him that way. He likes it too much.

He scood over, so I can sit next to him and Mandy sit in front of me. We ordered sundubu jigae like he wanted to. It’s our first dinner together outside, since I move to Seoul. Not only the two of us, there’s Mandy too, but it’s more than enough for me.

We were just starting to eat about 5 minutes, until I can hear a lot of people, or almost every single person inside the restaurant were whispering to each other. I thought they realized, SHINee Jonghyun is here. Jonghyun stay calm, he keeps eating. I exchanged look with Mandy, she looks nervous, very nervous.

She spooned her rice, when I turned around to look what’s going on.

Surprise, surprise.

There is this tall, pale white guy, with a messy long hair about ear length wearing a black jeans, loose white t-shirt, and a white sneakers. He walks very coolly towards where we sit, while everyone staring at him. He bowed at me when he sees me turned around. Nice Job, Leo. Now everyone is turning their head to me. Yes, that’s Leo. The reason why people are whispering, not because of my boyfriend.

I look back to Mandy, “Did you invite him?” I whispered. “No, he asked me where I am because I haven’t call him yet since I left him at our place this noon.” She explained. “I have no idea he was going to come!”

Jonghyun didn’t stop eating at all, but he listened to our conversation.

Leo has stand beside our table and greet us. Leo didn’t look surprised seeing Jonghyun, I guess Mandy did tell him. Jonghyun looking quite surprise, but then he stand up, greet him back and asked him to sit. Mandy stand up and let Leo to take sit in front of Jonghyun.

I no time, the whole restaurant realized, the man who sits next to me is SHINee Jonghyun. I feel so uncomfortable with everyone looking at our table. Mandy look okay, I guess. Both Jonghyun and Leo too, well they are used to this kind of situation.

Jonghyun ate a lot, so does Leo and Mandy. I ate too, but I can’t eat comfortably, so I didn’t eat much.

The four of us walk out from the restaurant together. Jonghyun drove his car here, while Leo took taxi. So Jonghyun told us that he will drive us home, including Leo. I gestured to Leo to sit in the front, there is still eyes looking.

•••

During our drive, I check my twitter timeline. I could see the timeline is flooded with the story of Jonghyun and Leo seen hanging out together with some of their friends.

 

'Are they friends? How come?'

'Since when Jonghyun play with Leo? I never knew it before?'

'That's so cute seeing Jonghyun and Leo spending time with their friends.'



Thank God there’s none picture of me and Mandy.

“I’m sorry.” Said Leo, starting conversation. “I didn’t know you were there,” he said to Jonghyun.

“No worries about that.” Jonghyun said. “On the good side, we get to have dinner together.”

“Nana-ssi, sorry.” Leo said to me too. “I’m afraid I’ll cause trouble to your relationship.” He sounds worried, a lot.

I was worried too, but I don’t want to make Leo feel guilty. “It’s okay Leo, you two are Idols. It always happen, right?” As I reached both of Jonghyun’s shoulder, hugged his upper body from the back, and put my head on the back of his seat. One of his hand pinched my arm. I slapped his chest. “Ouch, that hurts.” He said jokingly.

Mandy is used with us being like this, so she’s like whatever. This is the first time Leo see both of us together, I can see his lips curving and look amused.