Curious

Reality

After we finished eating, Mandy throw the box outside.

“Are you guys re-decorating this place?” Leo suddenly asked me, then pointing at some boxes and the leftover wallpaper at the corner of the room.

“Oh that, yeah we moved in like a week ago. I just came from Jakarta.” I answered. “Don’t you feel my Korean is still stiff?”

“Jakarta? Indonesia? I thought you were Japanese. And yes your Korean sounds… Different..” He finished his sentences with a teasing smirk, you have no idea how humiliating that look of his is.

In the middle of our conversation, Mandy came back. “What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing, just about us moving in.” I answered. “Yeah, and i think i can help you two. I have nothing to do today.” Leo offered us. “That’s very kind of you, but your company gonna sue us if by tomorrow you can’t go on stage because of helping us.” Not that i don’t want any help, but I really can imagine jellyfish suing as offer this stupid matter.

“I have another next two days to rest, don’t worry. You sounds funny!” Leo answered me back with that intimidating tone.

“Well, that would be fine then. Right Nana?” Mandy asked me. I know she wanted Leo to stay here a little bit longer. So, I agree.

•••

2 hours later

I was already sitting on our sofa bed while looking around our living room, checking everything arranged as what we want. Not only me and Mandy, Leo seems satisfied with our hard work too. Suddenly Mandy's phone rang, she picked it up. I only can hear her say ‘Oh ’ then she went to her room. Me and Leo exchanging look.

I don’t know why, but this guy makes me feel very curious. Then I asked him, “Why are you helping us? I mean like, you just met Mandy yesterday or to be precise, earlier this dawn.”

“Because I just feel like to.” He answered it casually. It makes me frustrated, so I only reply him with a nod.

After 5 minutes Mandy goes out from her room, bringing her backpack and sling her camera bag across her body.

“I have to go to my campus. Today we have this charity event and I’m supposed to be the documentation person. I thought it was next week.” She looks so panicked. Mandy is always like that. If something comes up or doesn’t goes well, she goes panic easily.

She rushed to the front door, wearing her shoes and off she goes. And I was like, didn’t she remember that there is Leo here? Why she’s leaving me with his new friend. Well technically, Leo was invited offer by Mandy, right?

“Sorry about that, every time she’s panicking she will forget about many others. So I guess she forgot that you are here.” I explained to Leo, afraid he will feel disappointed or something. “That apply to an Idol like you to,” I made fun of him. He was smiling like holding on his laughter.

 

I got a Kakao Talk chat just now,

‘Damn.. I forgot.. Leo’

Oh it’s from Mandy, she just realized she forgot about Leo.

 

N : 'It’s okay, I’ll accompany him. Do great, be careful!

M : ‘Say my sorry to him and tell him I’ll call him later’

Wait… Call? When did they exchange number? Maybe at the coffee shop? Maybe.. Stop being too curious!

 

So I tell Leo what Mandy asked me, he looks fine with that. Then he said, “Is it okay if I stay a little bit more? I’m still a little bit tired.”

“Yes of course.” I answered. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“Umm no.. Thank you,” he was thinking about something. “Actually i’m curious, i want to know more… about….” He hesitated.

“About what? Mandy? She doesn’t have and boyfriend at the moment, if that what are you curious about.” I’m being blunt, too blunt. But it’s obvious, he likes Mandy.

He didn’t give any expression. He bit his lower lip.

“No. I’m curious.. about you.”