Now And Then

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT DAY

The studio was as tense as Seungri left it. Yongbae had reentered it because he had to keep his professional attitude since this was a recording for the tour version of some of their hit songs. “Next in the studio.” Jiyong said, still slightly pissed from the argument from earlier. Seunghyun walked into the booth and stared above the shorter male. He was getting sick of seeing Kiko in the studio. It wasn’t something he minded at first when she just stayed on the couch and tried to make small talk with the members. It became a nonsense to him when she soon sat near the recording booth, distracting Jiyong from the work at hand. From her rubbing his leg and egging him on when he found ‘flaws’ in the others part and not his own. “Seunghyun. I am going to need to hear that again.” Jiyong said in a bored tone into the mic. The older male never wanted to let go of his temper as much as he did now. The person correcting him wasn’t even giving him the fullest of attention. He was too busy necking Kiko. Seunghyun rolled his eyes before going into his verse, He wasn’t even halfway done before Kiko pressed the buzzer this time. “You’re boring.” She said into the microphone before laughing as if this was a joke they commonly did. Before he let his temper get the better of him he walked out the booth. “We are not done yet.” Jiyong said with a bite in his voice, as if daring him to continue walking. “I will go back in their when we are actually going to work. Until then I am going to the cafeteria.” He said, stuffing his phone into his pocket.

“What’s up there? Is today Japanese themed food day?” Daesung asked, Seunghyun wasn’t one to go to the cafeteria. “Seungri just group texted us.” He said before walking out to join the maknae. The other three groupmates took out their phones, the response to the text was mixed emotions. For some it was joy to see an old friend but for others it was a painful reminder. The text was of Seungri smiling with Tiffany, Yoona and Yun. The one who captured their eyes didn’t even look like she noticed the picture was being taken but she claimed all the attention in the photo. “I am going to the cafeteria too.” Daesung said quickly getting up to follow the rapper. Taeyang watched as Jiyong simply turned off his phone screen and put the device away. “Are you coming?” He asked the leader. “We should go. I haven’t seen Yun in so long Ji.” Kiko said, not knowing what happened when she wasn’t around. “Yeah Ji. Are you coming?” Yongbae asked again. It felt like an eternity before he answered him. “Sure.” He said then rose from his seat. Kiko cheered and called him a series of pet names that made Yongbae feel awkward to hear.

‘I wonder how she is.’ Jiyong thought to himself as he remembered the last time he saw her.

- - - - - - - -- - - - - -

A LOOK BACK

It was early July when he last saw her. Kiko was hung over from a night of clubbing with friends so he didn’t have time to see her when he was on break from his tour. “Jiyong!” She cried as she ran into his arms ecstatic to see her busy friend again. “ I was worried you guys forgot about me.” Yun said smiling up at him. Seunghyun ruffled her hair a bit causing her to call him childish. “Aish, how can someone so chic be so much like a kid.” She said straightening her hair. Her hair was still the same length. Past her shoulder blade but not too long to reach her back. Her eyes seemed on the honey side today with hints of green in them making them look speckled like a stone. She was wearing just a simple navy sleeveless button-up and white shorts but she gave off the vibe that they were expensive. “You are one to talk, I saw your recent addition to your collection.” Seunghyun teased back. Yongbae had to calm them down as if he was their mother as they told each other’s minor secrets. It seemed that since the tour started she had become closer to the others while staying just at arm’s reach from Jiyong. ‘Not that I did anything from stopping it from becoming this way.’ He thought to himself. Looking at her interact with the others made him feel as if there was a glass wall up between them.

“So how long are you guys here?” Yun asked Jiyong, who was leading the group. When he didn’t answer she quickly walked fast and fell into step with him. “Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong.” She called out, he inwardly smiled. Realizing he missed hearing her say his name. He speed up a bit finding himself chuckling as she tried hard to speed up with him. “Jiyong you poop!” She cried and laughed when he his heels at her statement. He lowered his shades to look directly at her. “You were saying?” He asked, enjoying the sight of her squirming. It was something they learned about her from their time together, Yun got nervous easily when forced to make direct eye contact. “I asked how long were you here.” She repeated, turning away from him with a pinkish tint now on her cheeks. “Just a week.” Jiyong said. “Why you have something planned for us?” Yongbae asked smiling when Yun smiled at his question. “I thought you guys might want to finally meet Saturn. You are on tour and you might come across something. Jiyong felt his heart stop at that moment. He wanted to pick the small female up and kiss her for that kind of offer. It was a rare treat for few to actually meet Saturn face to face. “You can do that?” Seunghyun asked for Jiyong who was sporting a goofy grin.

Yun nodded not seeing a problem in it. “I trust you guys very well. You are my friends’ right?” She asked them. Hearing this made Jiyong grin falter a bit. ‘We are friends now. But in the beginning.’ He thought to himself remembering how the only reason he originally kept contact with the girl was for this reason and this alone. “Of course we are. Who else is going to look out for you?” Yongbae teased.

-  - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

PRESENT DAY

“There she is.” Kiko said as they entered the cafeteria bringing Jiyong back to the present. ‘There she is.’ He thought to himself. Even from this distance she could easily take one’s breath away he decided. If YG was ever looking for a model for someone’s music video she would a popular one. “Yunyun!” Kiko called out getting the attention from the now larger table. Daesung was in the middle of telling her a story when she looked up to see who was calling her. Yun’s face when it landed on him was one for the books. ‘She should be in acting.’ Jiyong thought to himself. Her transition from confusion to happy was so smooth that only those who really knew her would know that it was too smooth. “Kiko, Jiyong and Yongbae.” She said each name as if she was processing seeing them all in her head. The trio entered the group, Kiko hugging Tiffany and catching her up on club gossip that she was missing out on. Yongbae took the seat next to Yun and Jiyong sat on the other side of him. “What brings you to our neck of the woods?” Yongbae asked, making a playful fist at Yoona because of their company’s rivalry.

“Tiffany said the food here was good today and you know I can’t turn away food.” Yun said smiling at the dancer. “It is just strange to see you here.” Jiyong added, the other members looked at Yun to see if she would say anything to him. “I can still eat here. I work for the company in a way you know.” Yun said stabbing her spoon into the pudding cup she had. “Surprised to hear that. Did you get this job through the name Saturn too?” He asked her. At this she got up from the table and walked away. “It wasn’t even a full five minutes Ji.” Yongbae said disappointed in his leader, sad to see that it has come to this.

- - - - - -

A LOOK BACK

“Saturn is great you guys. He has the warmest of hearts and his mind is so beautiful.” Yun said as they rode the car to the location she put in the GPS. Seunghyun couldn’t make it so it was just Jiyong, Yongbae and her. “So how did you meet Saturn?” Yongbae asked, since they were meeting the man of mystery he felt that the secrets to her were fading. “He has been with me for so long. I guess you can say since birth.” She answered humming to a melody in her head. “New song?” Jiyong asked her, shaking his head with a grin when she smiled. “So tell us about Yun. What were you like growing up?” Jiyong asked. She knew everything about them and since this was an hour car ride she could share about herself for once. “Well I grew up kind of normal I guess. My dad was super supportive of my love of music. He encouraged the idea of me going into a career with it.” She admitted. “Into songwriting?” Jiyong asked. Yun nodded, “Oh not that. Being an idol.” This news made the males give loud reactions. They couldn’t see her in an idol group but at the same time they could. They could see her surrounded by fans and singing her heart out. “You were an idol?” Jiyong asked, smirking when she nodded. “What?” She asked fearing what he was going to say.

“Nothing just. Did you sing about ‘oppa’?” He asked in a sing-song voice teasing her. “YAH!” Yun shouted and turned red as she remembered one of the group’s top songs was a love confession song. “I am sure ‘oppa’ returned your love! Did you wear frilly skits and pompoms in your hair?” Yongbae asked joining. When she hid her head in shame the two males cracked up. “It’s not that funny.” She said looking up at them. Her eyes were starting to show traces of green Jiyong noticed. Her face was fully red to the tip of her ears, Yun was messing with the A/C claiming it was hot in the car now. “So cute.” Jiyong teased, causing Yun to call him a jerk. Thinking he was mentio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter