Starry Starry Night

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAY 20, 2013

 

In a trancelike state she brushed her hair, mind in a daze as she went through her morning routine. Her mind kept bringing her back to the previous night. It felt hard for her to admit she felt something last night. 'It was like a date.' she blushed, squeezing the handle to her brush as the memories seemed almost like they were straight out of a romcom. After their meal and him forcing her to watch the beginning of his favorite dragon ball arc, which she would never admit to him held her interest, they decided to go out for gelato from the store restaurant downstairs. Since it was late in the evening they had candles on each table to balance off the 'romantic' setting for those who wanted a late night meal. After the dessert Jiyong took the longer route to take her home. She invited him inside for some coffee, not understanding that the phrase was also used to invite someone into your bed. When Jiyong explained this to her, after having a laughing fit from her scowling face, making her feel behind in the times.

 

'It is ok though. I will come over another time yeobo.' He said before gently taking her hand and planting a light kiss on her inner wrist. "Why would he even do that?" She mumbled, putting down her hairbrush. Yun lifted her inner wrist and frozen when she caught herself. 'What was I doing?' She clenched her fist and put it down to her side. "Should head to the studio." Yun said as she picked stray hair off her pink shorts. After inspecting herself in the mirror she decided she was fit to head out. She had decided on wearing a black jersey style shirt that had 'HUG DEALER' on the front in bold white letters and a pair of pastel pink shorts. Yun complimented the outfit with a spike studded headband and black knee-high socks that were accented with smaller studs around the top. Yun decided to grab a pack of Korean rice crackers and water for the subway. 'This is going to be an easy day. I just have to avoid Dove and her friends.' she thought to herself as she exited her home. Somehow the phrase seemed easier said than done at the moment.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yun entered the main studio to find everyone was in one large group waiting for the judges to come. "Oh Yun, I am happy to see you." a female voice Yun didn't want to hear said. "I am so excited that we got picked on the same team." Dove gushed and waved over Junho so the male could join the conversation. Yun admitted the male was good looking and had a good personality but he seemed to prefer to avoid group settings so she didn't understand why Dove called him over. "I don't see why you need me here to say that." Junho said, struggling to leave the younger female's vice grip. "I didn't get to properly welcome you to the team yesterday." He said to Yun who forgot they never really talked yesterday. "I was a big Lavender fan back in the day and am excited to get to share the stage with you." He admitted, coughing away embarrassment when Yun thanked him for his support in the past.  Dove scowled at the exchange but didn't comment, not wanting to get on Junho's bad side she he was by her definition the best looking male there.

 

"Ok." Minwoo shouted as the judges entered the stage. The contestant's chatter ended as they watched the leaders. "Today we will give you the challenge and the teams for this round." Lee Hyori stated, "Don't worry you are still earning points for your original teams even if you are scrambled up today." She added when the started to talk amongst themselves. Kim Taewoo stepped aside to reveal a bingo ball machine filled with four different color balls. "Today's challenge you are going to be given one of four colors. That color is your team for the challenge." He said, pointed at the closest male contestant and used him as an example. "Sungho, your color is green. So stand over under the green light and let's wait for your teammates." The twenty-six year old male went to stand under the green light and looked out at the others. "You have to try to be the best performance as well as the best performer in each team in order to earn your Captain the most points." Minwoo said, adding that he had high hopes for his team. Before they were told the theme of the songs they were split up. Yun found herself on a team with two males, one from team Inyoung and the other from team Taewoo. Their names were Axel and Donghae, aged twenty three and twenty five putting Yun in a soft middle of the aging scheme.

 

"The theme is festive. You have a week from today to select a song, rehearse a dance and record your cover. And May 27th we will see you preform your songs in front of a live audience who will help us rank your performances." Inyoung explained wishing the teams good luck. The camera men started to split apart so there was at least two cameras following each group. Donghae, being the oldest, suggest that they head to one of the dance studios to go over ideas that could win them the top spot. Once there they waited til the camera crew finish setting up before starting to go over ideas. "We should cover a song that has males and females and not just an idol group song or a solo." Axel suggested. Yun nodded at the idea, the males were both strong rappers so she figured they should look into a more hiphop genre. "Can you do hip hop?" Axel teased remembering the judges all agreeing her rapping was one of the weakest of all the contestants. "How about a song with a vocalist?" Donghae suggested when Yun started to look defeated. "Festive festive." Yun repeated as she strolled threw her phone's music library.

 

"Daebak." Axel said leaning in surprised at the huge amount of songs she had stored. "Why not just stream the music?" He asked her, opening up an a famous music app that was up to date with the latest songs. "Some of the songs I like don't show up because they aren't chart toppers or heard everywhere." She admitted. Donghae listed off a few song ideas, each seeming too hip hop for Yun to pull off. "Your right, this is probably the toughest outfit she owns." He said waving at her outfit. "I like this outfit." Yun defended her clothes and decided it would might be faster if they had three people listening for songs rather than brainstorming. Each person put one earphone in as they went through their personal playlists. Donghae was the one to find the song for them, as his enthusiasm showed before he even said a word. "What i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter