Meeting Him

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     She hummed to herself the melody she had started on paper, words slowly formed in her mind. ‘This might be it.’ She told herself as she wrote down more to the song. ‘Touching.’ She told herself, remembering the idea that came with assignment. She envisioned a scene before her with the melody that came to be softly playing in her head. “Pianos.” She told herself as she listened more the melody, “She can pull this off.” Smiling as the woman pictured Cube’s HyunA, singing the song. She would need some input from the young idol but she was sure that all would be pleased with the track. The female closed her notebook, finished with her work as she slowly detached herself from the sorrowful song that was just created.

     Her hair covered her eyes as she stared down at the rings that formed in her tea when she gave it light taps every so often. With each tap she gave a small hum, as if it the pitch that the ring would make if it made a sound. The sunlight from the sunset touched her hair in parts, giving her crown an almost halo effect to it. She looked so at peace. She sat in the corner of the coffee shop in quiet. The few times she lifted her head was to see the children running home after a day of playing. ‘Time to end the day.’ She thought to herself, a smile gracing her lips as she imagined what they could have done today that made them laugh so much. ‘Maybe they climbed the highest tree or found a secret trail.’ She wondered then shook of the thought, kids these days seemed more into technology than anything else. The female was about to go back to her own little world when something red caught her eyes.

     “Wha-?” She whispered loudly, she felt her eyebrows scrunch as she took in the sight. It was a man with the dyed red hair, she figured it was brighter a time because it had a faded look to it. He was wearing dark shades inside, another trait she found odd to behold. His stance showed that he had confidence to him. “He must with that hair color.” She found herself mumbling. She looked around and wondered if anyone else noticed what she was seeing. But it seemed that since she sat down the café had emptied to the point where she was one of the sole customers left, except for the elderly couple sitting on the other side of the shop. The cashier received the man’s order and asked him to wait nearby for it. The man looked confused a bit as he tried to search for a place to sit. He seemed to have decided that sitting at the table on the left of her was a good idea.

     Instantly she realized that she was been following this man with her eyes and got embarrassed. ‘That is a weird thing to do Yun.’ She scolded herself and sighed, ‘Now he will think of me as strange.’ she smiled at this idea, how could a man wearing shades with dyed red hair assume she was the strange one out of the two. “Anno.” A voice said putting a halt to her conversation with herself. Slowly she turned her head and saw the man giving her a smile that almost made her heart skip. Almost. “This might seem weird but I wanted to ask you something.” He started slowly, as if he imagined her as some small animal that will flee at the first chance given. “Y-yes.” She stammered, not knowing where these nerves came from. The man took off his shades, feeling as if they were causing her nerves and wanted to ease her a bit. “I wanted to know where you bought your contacts.” He said. The female looked at him with confusion before realization dawned on her.

     “These aren’t contacts. They are natural.” She said then smiled when it was his turn to look confused. “They are really eye-catching.” He said, the female almost coughed out her drink from his joke. “That was horrible.” She said with a deadpan face then laugh when he seemed to almost pout at her. “They are pretty though.” He continued, resting his head in his hands as if to say he could stay like that for a while. The female nodded. She has gotten complime

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter