Battle Cry

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAY 24, 2013

 

 

'Bae Yun what did you get yourself into now?' the female asked herself.

 

It all started when she received a letter in her dressing room after her performance of D-Unit a few days ago. It would have seemed like a normal fan letter but it contained information that only those who were in Lavender would have known. Such as the fact that Yun used to suffer from insomnia as it asked her if she was sleeping well these days. The letter ended with a phone number and a date. It asked her to text if she would be ok with meeting and reconnecting. Out of curiosity the female said yes because she would be ok with meeting any member who seemed kind enough to ask about troubles.

 

And that is what lead her to Myeongdong Kyoja.

 

Yun laid her head on the restaurant's table not understanding why was she even there now that she had more time to think on it. 'Why did I respond to that message?' she wondered as her palms began to become clammy from sweat and constantly rubbing them on her dress. "You could get kidnapped." She whispered, eyes growing wide at the very thought. She was about to get up to leave when the bell to the restaurant chimed. In walked a women wearing oversized black sunglasses and a white peacoat. She glanced around the room before here eyes landed on Yun. The confused girl lifted her hand to wave a greeting, unsure of who this woman was. "You really lost your mochi-ness over the years." The woman said loudly as she sat down in the booth. Yun stared at her still confused on who she was. "Opps, let me take off my glasses" The woman said, as if she just realized she entered a building with them on. With her glasses removed Yun started to recognize the woman and the more she remembered the more she felt the color draining from her face.

 

"Skye." Yun said softly, not really knowing how to take the fact that her former groupmate sought her out. 'Maybe she wanted to apologize about her book?' she hoped. "Yunni, you know I have seen what you have done on that show of yours. And my people would like me to preform a stage with you." Skye said in a professionally happy voice. "For old times sake." She added with a slight pout of her lower lip. "I was thinking of having all the members together if we got the chance to share the stage again honestly." Yun said in a low voice, using her straw to stir her water. Something about Skye seemed forceful and it was making it hard for her to look her in the eyes during the conversation. "That is no good dear." the older woman said, as if she was correcting a child's silly mistake. "You see you can not associate yourselves with people below your level anymore. You are becoming an 'it' person. So shouldn't you work with people you trust not to bring down your value?" Skye started, sighing at bit at the fact she even has to explain this. "Working with people with a tainted image isn't good. Those other three were holding us back. I mean one is a ahjumma already and people know the scandal. We can't have people like that on stage singing about innocence." Yun clinched her teeth at these statements.

 

"So you are saying I just follow your advice?" Yun asked to make sure she was understanding correctly. "Yes, I can help you in this world." Skye tried to reach out to Yun but the younger female slid her hands to be placed on her lap. "If you can help me why can't you also help the others? Skye, you are talking about them as if they are strangers who betrayed you. Or like you never saw them as equals in the first place. And I do not approve of anyone who speaks bad about Lavender. Even if they are a former member." Yun said in a firm voice, she still has yet to look into Skye's eyes and was focused on her palms. "The days we spent in that group. No, even the days we spent training together are all precious memories and I will not forgive you if you continue to talk as you are now." Skye stared at the younger female as she spoke. A part of her wanted to applaud her efforts to hold onto the past but a larger part only found these words foolish. "So the minor character thinks she can be a star now and won't take my help. You ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter