Star in Broad Daylight

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yun opened the roof's door to be welcomed to the crisp winter winds of Seoul. "Ah" She squeaked as she quickly moved her hands to cover her dress from flowing around more than she would like. Snow was falling around her softly, some landing on her shoulders cruelly reminding her that she didn't have a coat on. "It is cold. You should head back downstairs." Jiyong said coming into her view. Yun turned to find him leaning over the end of the building, cigarette freshly lit in his fingers. "Smoking is a bad habit you know" She said instead, ignoring his order. "So is walking around in the snow wearing a short dress." He joked back to her, taking a long drag after saying this. "HA." Yun laughed and walked towards him. She looked from him then towards the view of the city. The soft lights from the skyscrapers made up from the lack of stars in the sky. "It looks beautiful all the same though…" She whispered finishing her thought out loud. Jiyong looked at her and smiled at his own personal thought. 'You add to the view.' "Did your father wish you happy birthday?" Jiyong asked. This question made her glow in his eyes as she smiled. Teeth showing as she laughed at the idea of her father.

 

"He did more than that Ji." Yun started, "He actually composed another song for me for my birthday. Something he has done every year for as long as I can remembered. He even sung the melody for me." She laughed when she saw Jiyong's confusion. "Deaf people can sing Ji. It just sounds muffled a bit." Yun said for lack of a better term so she could continue her story. "Then he sent me a picture of a birthday cupcake and then of him eating it. Adding 'If you get sweets and eat them today just look at this picture and think of me eating with you so you won't get lonely." Jiyong laughed at her story, finding himself more surprised at Saturn proving he was more than a serious artist. "Why would he think you would get lonely?" he asked her. 'She is dimming.' He thought to himself as her smile started to falter a bit. "I have been alone for my birthday the last few years. It has always been me and Hotaru." "Who is Hotaru?" Jiyong asked.

 

Yun looked at him in confusion. "You never met Hotaru?" She stuck out her lower lip as she thought on how he could have missed her. "She was in my father's home when Yongbae and you were there." Yun said then waved her hand away as if to say 'pay no mind then.' "You should really head back downstairs. You have a lot of guests there just for you." Jiyong said, noticing her start to shiver now. Yun shook her head and caused him to just sigh. Struggling a bit, Jiyong remove his suit jacket. As he laid it on her shoulders he saw her give a small smile. "So you do care about me in a way still." She whispered catching him off guard. "What do you mean yeobo?" He smiled and playfully kissed her cheek. "You walked away right after my performance. Was something about my singing displeasing for you?" She asked. Jiyong took another drag as he watch her slowly put her arms through the holes of his jacket. 'When you ask in that haunting voice I can't joke or lie to you.' He thought to himself. "You were blinding me." He said to her. Yun blinked a bit and nodded. "Too blinding?" She asked.

 

"Your song. It went right through me and it scared it. You have this ability to burn into someone's heart. It scared me. I thought I was prepared to admit some things to you." He took the final drag of his cigarette before putting it out, "I realized that I wasn't ready to yet. You were still too raw for me I guess. Your pain and sorrow hit me so hard that I realized. It made me worried you were still too hurt to move forward from the past." Yun froze at his statement then took a deep breath. "You sure know how to hurt a girl on her day." Yun said as she just looked out at the city. "I looked more into Lavender." Jiyong continued, pretending not to have heard her. "I saw every music video, variety show, fan camera, and review of you that I could find. And I realized that  I was wrong. You are moving forward in your own way. I saw how you changed from the group's quiet member into one of their mood maker. When you were having fun it was as if they grabbed your energy and followed. Same with being upset and serious." Jiyong chuckled to himself as he twist the cigarette that was still in his hand. "I am just being too pulled into your ways. If I looked from the outside in you are making progress. And I am not at the level to tell you how I feel just yet. I am not making as much progress to match yours. Yet."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter