Final

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Finally the last chapter of this story. Not the usual epilogues you have, it's more of a normal long chapter as an ending, but I hope you'll enjoy reading :)

---

>>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

September 2014. Lu Han insisted on having us attend the last concert in Beijing because it would mean a lot to him. He paid the flight and hotel fees for us beforehand and made us take the flight the day before the first day of the concert. It was our first time flying as well, we never had the chance to go abroad, but it wasn't bad. The flight took two hours and we arrived at the airport quickly. Oh boy, I hope we will find the way to the hotel. My broken Mandarin won't be of much help.

It was the same hotel Lu Han and the others stayed at, not on the same floor though. Min Young was especially excited to be in Beijing and stay at a hotel. We were in a hurry since Min Young was in school and I had to wait until she was back. I'm relieved and surprised we made it to the hotel safely. However, by the time we arrived, night has already fallen. I informed Lu Han about our arrival and not even a minute later, he knocked on the door.

Once I opened it, Lu Han entered and closed the door behind him before taking me into his arms. Has he missed me so much? We haven't seen each other since our anniversary day a month ago. "Hye Yeong-ah, I'm happy you two are here. I spent my little break at home but I'm better now."

"You really scared me with your message." I'd look up his pictures recently taken by his fanpages, I couldn't help it. He tried to hide it but he was visibly tired. I told him countless times to take a break because it might result into more serious problems if he kept working and trying to finish every schedule. 

I let go of Lu Han so he could greet Min Young, too. We caught up and Lu Han told me some stories about his family. He had rather strict parents and they didn't seem very supportive of his career choice, but he had asked them to attend the first concert tomorrow. I guess I won't meet his parents personally. I'm actually nervous to meet them so let's postpone that.

"Have you seen the incredible view from here? I wish we could see it together but that might end up badly if there are people catching us standing at the window." Lu Han joked and drew the curtains. His laughter subsided and his expression gradually turned serious and contemplative. He asked me to take a seat on the bed. Lu Han sat down next to me and held my hand, appearing nervous all of a sudden. I'm not happy about this feeling, what is bothering him? Lu Han's gaze fell on Min Young for a second so I figured he might not want her to know, but we weren't at our apartment. I couldn't send her to her bedroom. 

Lu Han was unable to speak up first so I checked with him. "What is that you want to tell me, Lu Han? You can tell me everything."

"Should I go?" Min Young asked, reading the mood and was probably thinking we were about to have a breakup conversation. "I won't know where else to go, but I'll find a way. Or I'll go to the bathroom and wait until you are done." She got up and was on the verge of hurrying off when Lu Han chuckled and said it was alright.

"You will both know either way, so it doesn't matter." Lu Han smiled weakly and took a deep breath. "While staying at home with my parents, I came to a rather sudden decision. I realised the company and I will never see eye-to-eye, no matter how often I request something, be it the flights or the different treatment of members, there will be no response. It's mostly due to health and personal reasons, but I'd like to leave the agency quietly and be based in China instead."

I needed a moment to process the information and had already expected Lu Han to come to this conclusion, but it was too sudden. I know about the overwork and his poor health, that's a fact. Being based in China will reduce his flight time or get rid of them all, and he will be closer to his family. "What about EXO? The company won't let you go easily, you are one of the most popular members at the moment. The year has already been very bad for the company and their stocks, I'm not sure if you will be able to leave quietly."

"I tried negotiating, I gave them some time to respond. But nothing came back, I will have to sue the company like Yifan did a few months ago. Trust me, I really don't want to do that and put more damage on the group than I will, but it might be my only choice. And about EXO, I will leave my members as well. It hurts my heart, I love them and enjoy being on stage with them, but I can't stay if it means I need to stick to the company." Lu Han explained and lowered his head. "The concerts on the weekend will likely be my last concerts, Hye Yeong-ah, that's why I insisted on having you come today."

Leaving EXO? It sounds simple, but the pain must be huge. I know how much he treasures the group and his brothers. "And you won't return to Korea anymore, will you?" Lu Han shook his head upon hearing my question and I noticed him trying to hold back. "What will happen to us?"

"I honestly don't know." Lu Han replied and exhaled deeply. "Unless you want to come to live in China with me? Or if you are alright with a long-distance relationship."

Living in China? Long-distance relationship? We had both said before that our love was strong enough to overcome distance and our differences in lifestyles. However, I didn't want to settle in China forever, I wasn't even done with my studies and I had my whole family in Korea. And about a long-distance relationship. I'm not confident it will last long-term. Moving to Beijing with Lu Han and letting everything behind in Korea wasn't an easy decision to make, and I honestly couldn't imagine a long-distance relationship.

After a moment of thinking, I spoke up. "I don't think it will work out." It hit me with realisation that it would mean the end for us and our relationship. Just right after we hit the second anniversary. "I have my family here and I'd like to stay. But even if we were sort of in a long-distance relationship for the last two years, it won't be the same if you will never return to Korea again. I know how much you hate flying so I'd never demand you to take a flight to visit me."

Even though my decision was clear, Lu Han said he would give me some more time to decide. We loved each other dearly, no questions, no one wanted to break up over something like this. Yes, our love was strong, but it seemed it wasn't strong enough to overcome the current obstacle resulting from Lu Han's departure from EXO and the whole country. I can't and I won't stop him from leaving. It's a better decision than pushing himself to the limit. We aren't breaking up now, but I know this is the end for us, the words are just not being said. We are both scared.

"The day after tomorrow is my last stage. I'll try not to cry so I can show everyone my best performance." Lu Han smiled at me and wiped the tears away that have already started to fall down my cheeks. When we arrived in Beijing today, I wasn't mentally prepared for what was about to come. "I wish I could stay the night with you but I need to get up early for the concert rehearsal. And I'd like to spend the last moments with my members, I've talked to them as well." Mentioning s, Lu Han's eyes suddenly filled with water but he blinked them away. 

"Hey, the concert is tomorrow, you can cry then." I tried to joke with mixed feelings, finally unable to stop the tears from flowing. "Don't worry about me, Lu Han. Do what you need to do." 

Lu Han grabbed a tissue and wiped my tears away. "It's not the end yet." He struggled to stay calm himself and then forced a smile when looking at Min Young. "Min Young-ah, you will take care of your sister, right? You have grown up, you have to be there because I can't." 

And Min Young started crying. She has kept quiet since Lu Han started talking, but with everyone else crying, she joined us. Min Young nodded quickly. "Lu Han, we are always cheering you on."

Lu Han thanked us and locked eyes with me again. "Hye Yeong-ah, will you stop crying?" His soft tone made it harder for me to stop, I couldn't control the tears. He embraced me tightly, patting my back like he was soothing a child, and also embraced Min Young at the same time. "Please don't spend the rest of the night shedding tears over me. I will see you after the concert." He let go of us reluctantly and smiled until the end.

Let's not cry today. The concert hasn't even started yet. Before Lu Han left for his hotel room, we shared a last kiss, putting in all the sadness and pain we both felt. The door was closed and with Lu Han's exit, the warmth and affection disappeared. Letting go of him was hard enough and now we were back on our own. Let's not cry anymore. I need to stay strong for Min Young.

"Min Young-ah." I called my sister, remarking the tears silently strolling down her face. "Are you okay?"

"I should ask that you, sis, are you okay? You won't stay together anymore, will you?" Min Young slid closer to me and put her arm around my shoulder. "He won't come back to Seoul and stay here forever, right?"

I didn't know the answer to her first question, I simply nodded and calmed down after Lu Han left. Realisation hasn't hit me yet that I won't see Lu Han after leaving for Korea. We went to bed that night and spent the next free day together, only Min Young and I, while Lu Han and the boys performed at the concert. After tomorrow, we wouldn't be able to head back to Korea on time so I excused Min Young from school on Monday as an exception. It would be cruel of me not to let Min Young attend Lu Han's last EXO concert just because of school.

When we took our seats at the concert hall and watched the first stage, I promised myself and Lu Han not to cry. No tears, I've shed enough. SM Entertainment claimed Lu Han made a full recovery, but I noticed how weak and exhausted Lu Han was from his health issues, and how he still kept up to put on a flawless performance. Lu Han hasn't fully recovered and despite everything, he never stopped singing and following the physically hard choreographies.

During and after the song 'Moonlight', Lu Han wiped his eyes several times. That's when I started crying too. All the sad songs afterwards add up to that. Then Lu Han's perfect solo stage. The lights turned off and he lost his strength, holding on to the stage while the lift descended. It broke my heart. s appeared different during the performances as well, they knew it was their last stage with Lu Han. I did my best and attempted to enjoy the whole concert without having to worry. However, Lu Han fell on stage once and got right back up again as if nothing happened, showing his bright smile. How am I supposed not to cry throughout the concert? It's impossible not to cry knowing this is the last time I'm going to see Lu Han as an EXO member.

I didn't realise that the concert passed by so quickly until it was time for the ending talk and his last stage, Lu Han's farewell stage. Though I didn't understand everything Lu Han said in Mandarin, I could more or less follow what was said. After a pause and some hesitation, Lu Han finished his speech. "I love you all, thanks."

The concert was wrapped up and Min Young and I got back to the hotel. Our last night in Beijing, our farewell with Lu Han forever. Lu Han texted me that he was staying with s to celebrate another member's birthday and would come directly after that. I was not mentally prepared although this time, I was aware of what was expecting me.

Lu Han entered the room and was unable to hide his swollen eyes from me. We had a longer discussion this time and came to the same conclusion. We both recognised a long-distance relationship in our case wouldn't work. We both knew we loved each other and despite mutual love, this couldn't go well. Initially, I was the one who approached the topic of breaking up but I ended up crying the most. We wanted to part on good terms, no bad feelings.

"I know you don't want and need to be protected, but if we are in two different countries and I won't return to Korea, I don't think I have the courage to stay as your boyfriend when I can't be there for you." Lu Han had said and I agreed, I didn't have the courage either. "You have also made up your mind?"

"Yes. I will always cheer you on and support you from far away like I did before. Our breakup won't change that." I forced a smile under my tears and Lu Han did the same. He rarely showed his tears, but with my blurred vision, it was difficult seeing anything at all. "Can we please hug a last time?" 

And Lu Han held me, tightening his arms around me. Even though I didn't know what Lu Han was thinking and couldn't see his face during the embrace, I heard him crying and sobbing.

I clung to his shirt and never wanted to let go again. It could've been my chance to tell him I didn't want him to go and leave me. His scent, his warmth, I will never see Lu Han again. It hurts so much, my heart is shattering, I don't want to let go of him. "I know I can't ask you to stay, however, I don't want our last memory and moment together to be us only crying either. Lu Han, I am thankful for the two years we've spent next to each other. I hope I will remain as a happy memory you can think of once in a while." I strugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter