Invitation

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

"Jung Ah, why did you want me to come here with you again?" I turned to my friend half-annoyed and half-asleep as I was standing at the airport. She had called me in the middle of the night, telling me she was at my door. I followed her without knowing what expected me and left Min Young at our house to sleep as she had to go to school the next morning. "Seriously, you can't do this to me. It's late at night, I'd usually lie in my bed. Why is it so noisy?" Yawning, I rubbed my eyes and looked around at the airport. 

"Don't worry. Originally, I wanted to surprise Jongin at the airport but he doesn't seem to see us. I didn't tell him. Since there are some fans waiting for the boys, I guess we came for nothing. Whatever, some fresh air doesn't hurt you." At 12AM? Jung Ah linked arms with me and smiled at me apologetically. I let out a sigh, we literally came for nothing. "Let's watch them silently from afar." 

"Is Lu Han going to visit us again?" Min Young kept asking me after the showcase. "Sis, please call Lu Han. Let's eat dinner together, because only coming over to see him is enough. You have his phone number so don't lie to me, I gave yours to Lu Han." 

You gave what? So that's why he's been asking to hang out together. "No, Lu Han is not eating dinner with us. He doesn't even have any time to take care of himself." I had responded, only whispering the last sentence. I was wondering if Lu Han ate and slept enough because he complained about his insomnia on the phone. My phone rang and I answered the call without even checking who it was. Blame my exhaustion. I regretted it immediately. What if it was Go Sang Mi? I had enough of her advice.

"Who's there?" I questioned hesitatingly, ready to go back to the taxi with Jung Ah. We wouldn't get to see Jongin anyway. "Hello?" I asked again because there was nothing coming from the other line. Or my hearing was extremely bad. And then the speaker hung up, ending the phone call. I looked at the display in confusion, reading Lu Han's name on it. You, why are you calling me at this hour and place? Are you crazy? 

Instead, a text message followed almost immediately. "Hye Yeong-ah, how are you? Did you wait for long? I'm texting because you didn't answer even if I said your name five times. Seriously what are you thinking of so deeply that you failed to hear my voice?"

After wasting my time to read his message, I entered the taxi with Jung Ah and didn't bother replying. In the vehicle, Jung Ah and I talked about our friend's wedding taking place next week to which we were invited. Eun Chae's older sibling would get married and asked us to come as well.

"I have no idea what to wear to the wedding. The company gave me some free stuff to wear, maybe there is something fitting among those I will definitely be free on that day, though, and Min Young's going too." I said to Jung Ah before we soon arrived at my apartment first. Surprisingly, the company does give you very little allowance and delivers controlled food portions every day, but that doesn't mean I don't have to work.

"I'm sorry about calling you so late, we didn't even get to welcome the boys properly." Jung Ah apologised while waving me goodbye. No, I understand why Jung Ah called me so it's alright. I would've done the same as it was the only chance to see my sibling. 

The next day went by quite ordinary and plain. In the evening, I was back home with Min Young who just finished her piano lessons with Mrs Nam. I invited our landlady over for dinner to thank her, but we often ate together when we had the chance. Mrs Nam would often come upstairs and give us some extra side dishes she made. Seriously, I'm only around people who give me stuff and I'm on the receiving end.

"Why are you preparing so much, sis? Lu Han's coming, right?" At the thought of Lu Han, Min Young's eyes sparkled and she became all excited. "Please make lots! It'll be our first real dinner together! I'll help you." Why was Min Young strongly insisting on seeing Lu Han again? They didn't meet often yet she was practically under his spell.

Mrs Nam called me to the right time when I was placing the dishes on the table. It was too small, Min Young and I usually ate alone but with our landlady, the floor seemed to be much more spacious. "You are done already? I'll be upstairs in a minute." With that, my landlady ended the phone call and prepared to go upstairs. As the door rang, Min Young was the first one to arrive at the entrance and opened the door. 

"Mrs Nam, come in!" I said, quickly following my sister. "What on earth are you doing here? And how did you get in here anyway?" 

"Your neighbour was so nice to let me enter." Lu Han smiled innocently and was ready to enter my house after taking off his shoes. I lightly pushed him back and stopped him from entering. "What? I came for dinner. It smells lovely, what did you cook?" Behind Lu Han, there was Mrs Nam following him because they obviously came together. So he wasn't joking. Auntie, how could you betray me?

"Lu Han!" Min Young shouted happily, interrupting our conversation. "I am so happy you came." Lu Han crouched down to embrace my sister. They walked into the living room and I had no choice but to let him stay. Min Young would start crying and complaining if I sent Lu Han back home. Smooth, Lu Han, smooth.

"What did you tell my landlady to let you inside the apartment?" I wanted to know, dragging him to the kitchen to talk without Min Young and Mrs Nam around. Lu Han shrugged his shoulders and joined Min Young on the sofa. "Don't run away now, Lu Han, talk to me."

"I am sorry I didn't tell you anything, Hye Yeong. Lu Han told me everything. Knowing his situation, I couldn't send him away so I helped him out." Mrs Nam explained first as if worrying I'd get mad at Lu Han. His situation? Told her everything? They teamed up against me? 

"I wanted to do a surprise event for you, you know. Oh, these are for you." Lu Han handed me the bouquet of flowers and smiled at me. Where did those flowers come from? "You wouldn't answer my texts or calls no matter how often I tried, but yesterday Min Young happened to pick up and invited me over for dinner. That was my chance to come and make it up, I feel bad about our fight, I'm sorry." Lu Han had already won my landlady over with his act. Mrs Nam completely believed him. Of course, she did. My reaction adds to that, looking like I'm apparently upset about our fight. "So is everything fine now between us? Will you forgive me?" 

Mrs Nam nudged me with her elbow, asking me to accept his sincere apology. We never fought. Not wanting to make a scene, I gave up and nodded, taking a seat opposite Lu Han and my sister. "I brought you some dishes for dinner. If I had known Lu Han came, I would've brought more food." Mrs Nam said while placing the food on table in the living room.

"Would you mind if I talk to Lu Han for a second?" I questioned my neighbour but she wore a knowing smile and asked me not to get upset at Lu Han. Min Young giggled and talked to Mrs Nam instead. "Hey, Lu Han. Are you serious? If you came here, you should've at least lied and said we were hanging out, but to say we are lovers and fought? Are you completely out of your mind?" We went to my bedroom to talk and closed the door. I was careful not to raise my voice because the walls weren't particularly soundproof. If Mrs Nam and Min Young weren't here, I would have turned our fight into a whole war. 

Lu Han shrugged his shoulders innocently. "You wouldn't have let me enter if I had asked you, right? Your landlady already knows there is something going on between us because I've been here with Min Young before. She happened to talk to me which is how I found my way to enter. Look, I'm sorry but I really wanted to see you two. Your sister called me yesterday and wanted me to come over today, but don't scold her, it's not her fault." Lu Han's face showed seriousness, he was sincere. Lu Han adored Min Young so much he defended her or rather they defended each other. Of course, it's hard not to adore my sister.

"Who says there is something going on between us? If Min Young didn't like you so much, I would've already kicked you out of here and blocked you for a long time. You're giving me a headache. Don't you dare show up at my house ever again or I'll really cut you out of my life." I glared at Lu Han dead serious because he didn't seem to understand I wasn't one to play around with. He is wasting my energy. And he can't accept a rejection, that's what's stressing me out the most.

"Wait, tell me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter