Routine

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

Another day of practice, I wasn't doing anything else. During our break, I went to eat something in the cafeteria with some of my group members. How did Lu Han describe it? We have to harmonise as a group, right. We barely had anything in common apart from being a trainee and probably having the same goal. Sometimes, they would talk about rumours that spread around the trainees. Hopefully, I'll never be the one in the centre of those rumours.

"I've heard that one of the guy trainees decided to transfer to another company and not renew his contract. We have so many male trainees, I understand why they would leave after not making it into EXO." One girl explained and tried to remember a name. "I don't know who it was, but he has trained for a while, maybe three to four years?"

"Some people guessed it was Heo Byung Jin. Of course, there were a hundred other trainees who didn't make the cut, but that senior was close. If the company needs another four years to debut a boy group, I don't know whether I'd continue without knowing that I'll get to debut." Another girl responded and shrugged her shoulders. Same, if I don't get to debut after those minimum of two years in the contract, I'll leave. I can't do this to myself longer than two years.

"Sis, you seemed close to Byung Jin. Do you know anything about the rumour?" A younger trainee questioned me this time and everyone waited curiously for my answer. 

"We aren't really close, Byung Jin was the first person I met when I started. I haven't heard of the rumour until now." I replied honestly, doubting Byung Jin would leave for another company. I understand the leaving part, but not transferring. It doesn't seem like it, but SM Entertainment does give its trainees more freedom than expected. With the remaining time left, everyone makes arrangements for themselves. I don't like them as a company but they don't force you.

After our lovely break, I attended my vocal lessons. Teacher Jang was very strict when it was about the lesson, but she was a great mentor who would give me useful life advice. That's a good aspect being a trainee. Especially when most trainees were young, having those mentors guiding you through life were of big help. 

Teacher Jang didn't knew every detail of my background like Lu Han, but she knew the main part. That I'm taking care of Min Young on my own and making a living for her besides training. A big rule was to turn off your phone during practice, or hide it. Teacher Jang allowed me to leave it on in case of an emergency. Not every teacher would've allowed, I was really thankful.

"Hye Yeong, what's wrong with you today? You're not giving it your all." Teacher Jang stopped the lesson and crossed her arms at me. "Any problems at home or at work?"

"Probably a little tired, I'm sorry." I responded, not wanting to admit that I was mostly exhausted from practice. The others train much more than I. I have nothing to complain about honestly.

"Let's finish earlier today. You need to sort out your business first or else, it will be difficult to focus on your classes." Teacher Jang explained after taking a glance at her watch. "It isn't easy to find a balance between the two worlds." She let me go home earlier and I fell onto my bed once I arrived. I need some sleep, there is no energy left.

The next day during dance practice, I fainted from low blood sugar. Sadly, it's a normal incident. Dozens of trainees before me have fainted during practice, several times. I remembered being in the middle of the choreography before collapsing on the floor. It's not due to a diet this time, I just didn't eat enough. Circulation problems.

"Do you want to go to the hospital and get an IV shot?" A trainee asked me worried as I was told to sit down and lean against the wall. "We'll continue without you. You have to get checked up first."

I shook my head with a forced smile. "No, I'm feeling better after eating something. We can continue, sorry." Getting up too fast, I almost lost my balance but practised as usual. Just a little incident.

However, the day became even worse as the hours passed. I received a call from Min Young's class teacher during a lesson and was asked to come to the elementary school. I've never been asked in that way, it was always me calling her teacher to see how Min Young was doing in school and whether there were any problems. I'm getting worried now. Arriving at the school building and looking for the teacher, I spotted Min Young waiting at the school gates.

"Min Young-ah, are you alright?" I rushed to her and noticed that something was off. "What happened to your clothes?"

"Just got a little dirt on it." Min Young lowered her head and patted the dust off her clothes. "Ms Teacher wants to talk to you but don't believe it, sis. She wasn't there when it happened."

"When what happened?" I slightly furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. We went to see her teacher together. "You're telling me Min Young bullied another classmate and pushed her? My sister?" No, no, no, I think there is a huge misunderstanding.

"The child's parents reported it to me today. They claim that their child fell on the floor because Min Young pushed her. Apparently, a word got out from somewhere that Min Young doesn't have any parents so she got upset and bullied the classmate." The teacher explained calmly and looked at my sister. "But Min Young also has a few bruises. I don't know who is right or wrong, they were outside during their break. I'll better leave you alone and talk. Please inform me about how you'd like to proceed further regarding the complaint."

As soon as the school teacher left the classroom, I turned to Min Young with an extremely worried expression. I embraced her tightly and reassured her it was going to be fine rather than asking why she didn't tell me anything about the bruises.

"Min Young-ah, I'm not questioning you because I don't believe you. I'd like to hear your point of view in the story, what happened?" I began slowly and tried not to pressure my sister. She had stayed silent during the conversation earlier.

"It's true I was upset because some kids spread the fact that I don't have any parents. But I never bullied anyone and I never hurt anyone! Today during a break, another girl pushed me and now I have these bruises." Min Young showed me her palms and her knees. "I didn't cry and I didn't push her back. It hurt a lot but I don't need to hurt her back, right? I asked for a plaster at the infirmary. Then, the girl probably told her parents but these are all lies, I wasn't the bully." Having kept quiet about the story until now, Min Young broke out into tears at last. She doesn't cry often out of fear that it's showing weakness. But also, because she knew there was no use in crying. When Min Young cries, it's because she is unfairly treated.

"Min Young-ah, when you are hurt, you need to tell me or a teacher immediately. I hope it doesn't happen again, but when it does, you will know what to do the next time it happens. We have to call the child's parents and talk to them, I can't let it slide like this." I lectured Min Young and regarded the bruises. She suffered silently and didn't tell me about it because she knew I'd get upset at the other child. 

"No, don't do that, sis! It doesn't even hurt anymore, see? It's okay, you don't have to call them, I'm used to it by now." Min Young tried to stop me from getting her teacher.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter